Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 02, 2016
Mrs. Tyson, Mrs. Reiser and Mrs. Valdez-Gaynor have all been very supportive of our children and helped them to grow and mature. They've been great with calming this nervous parent down too. I think the proof is in how much my kids have loved their teachers over the years.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 02, 2016
We have had great teachers so far. I wish the class sizes could be smaller, but we have never had a situation where we felt like a teacher didn't understand our child. All of the teachers Have had a great understanding of what areas our children needed to work on and how to play up strengths.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 02, 2016
My children do not receive an overwhelming amount of homework. Both children read 20 to 30 minutes at night and any other homework (excluding special projects) can be completed in about 10 to 15 min of dedicated time. This is perfect for us.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted January 02, 2016
They have a strong Anti bullying stance and campaign throughout the year to maintain a calm, caring, thoughtful environment for learning.

Posted January 02, 2016
We've been going to this school for the past three years and have had great experiences throughout. Both of my children are in the Dual language program. The PTA does a great job putting together "donuts for dads", muffins for moms", school carnivals, movie nights and dances. My son's teachers have all been great at recognizing his strengths and really worked to keep him challenged. All of the teachers we've had so far have done a great job keeping us in the loop regarding performance, they've all been incredibly accessible and open to any questions we may have had. They have also provided us with multiple opportunities to participate in class activities with our children. Shout out to Mrs. Tyson, Mrs. Reiser and Mrs Valdez-Gaynor! We feel so lucky to have had you teach our children!

Posted May 14, 2014
I can only speak on behalf of Ms. Carnine and Ms. Hollander. This was our first year in the school with my son Michael. The level of professionalism-self awareness of student achievement was EXCELLENT. I have 3 other children and only wish that would have teachers with such compassion and driven motivation to ensure every child succeeds. These 2 teachers go way beyond normal duties to meet and exceed parent expectations.

Blazier Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2013
I unfortunately fell into the "New School (must be good)" trap. We unfortunately suffered some of the same things I have been reading. The teachers were not very kind to communication with me or some other parents I know. We definitely noticed preference given to those who are Hispanic. After visiting the TEA web site, I see that the school is 77% and 10% white which makes sense why we are treated so badly. I am so glad we moved into a better school district. MY daughter is treated much better, and her skills are progressing much quicker.

Posted August 17, 2012
Blazier is a great school! The principal is amazing as she keeps great communication with her students, teachers and parents. The teachers I have had the pleasure of working with have been pleasant and attentive to the children. My son is going into the 3rd grade and loves his school. I think parent involvement is evolving rapidly. They offer many evenings that parents can participate with their children in fun and learning. I have been very pleased with Blazier Elementary.

Posted February 28, 2012
My son is in the 5th grade at Blazier and he has been here since they first opened. The school is amazing. The teachers are so inspiring and really care about the kids. The kids at Blazier are well mannered and everyone seems to know everyone else. I cannot say enough great things about the choir teacher. She is exceptional!

Blazier Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2011
My family also had a terrible experience at this school. My daughter attended for only half a year, and we broke our lease to move. Her teacher was not sending home handouts or homework. After meeting with her and the vice principal, we started to see some improvement but still were getting homework maybe once a week. My daughter's performance was actually digressing. There was kissing on the playground that was dismissed as CUTE! I truly am outraged by the experience. We were so proud to be sending our daughter to a "Texas" school yet we were more disappointed than any other school she ever attended. Where is the regulation ? And, yes, the school caters to the hispanic population. I was treated rudely by the staff which is mostly hispanic. I am all for diversity but there is not much at this school. It caters to low income families which is also the root of many of the problems. Once we moved to another school district, our experience has been like night and day. I am still in shock by the standards of my daughter's new school. Parents don't lower your expectations or let anyone tell you that you are over reacting...there are good schools out there!

8601 Nuckols Crossing Road, Austin, TX  78744
Last modified Blazier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blazier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top