Austin, TX

Posted May 14, 2014
I can only speak on behalf of Ms. Carnine and Ms. Hollander. This was our first year in the school with my son Michael. The level of professionalism-self awareness of student achievement was EXCELLENT. I have 3 other children and only wish that would have teachers with such compassion and driven motivation to ensure every child succeeds. These 2 teachers go way beyond normal duties to meet and exceed parent expectations.

Posted February 25, 2013
I unfortunately fell into the "New School (must be good)" trap. We unfortunately suffered some of the same things I have been reading. The teachers were not very kind to communication with me or some other parents I know. We definitely noticed preference given to those who are Hispanic. After visiting the TEA web site, I see that the school is 77% and 10% white which makes sense why we are treated so badly. I am so glad we moved into a better school district. MY daughter is treated much better, and her skills are progressing much quicker.

Posted August 17, 2012
Blazier is a great school! The principal is amazing as she keeps great communication with her students, teachers and parents. The teachers I have had the pleasure of working with have been pleasant and attentive to the children. My son is going into the 3rd grade and loves his school. I think parent involvement is evolving rapidly. They offer many evenings that parents can participate with their children in fun and learning. I have been very pleased with Blazier Elementary.

Posted February 28, 2012
My son is in the 5th grade at Blazier and he has been here since they first opened. The school is amazing. The teachers are so inspiring and really care about the kids. The kids at Blazier are well mannered and everyone seems to know everyone else. I cannot say enough great things about the choir teacher. She is exceptional!

Posted March 03, 2011
My family also had a terrible experience at this school. My daughter attended for only half a year, and we broke our lease to move. Her teacher was not sending home handouts or homework. After meeting with her and the vice principal, we started to see some improvement but still were getting homework maybe once a week. My daughter's performance was actually digressing. There was kissing on the playground that was dismissed as CUTE! I truly am outraged by the experience. We were so proud to be sending our daughter to a "Texas" school yet we were more disappointed than any other school she ever attended. Where is the regulation ? And, yes, the school caters to the hispanic population. I was treated rudely by the staff which is mostly hispanic. I am all for diversity but there is not much at this school. It caters to low income families which is also the root of many of the problems. Once we moved to another school district, our experience has been like night and day. I am still in shock by the standards of my daughter's new school. Parents don't lower your expectations or let anyone tell you that you are over reacting...there are good schools out there!

Posted March 01, 2011
My son went to this school for one LONG year, and we were very disapointed! I think I still have a headache from the experience! I have to admit that my son had a very good teacher, but she was the only one that greeted you with a smile, everyone else was very rude, and don't even think about going to the principal with a concern because she couldn't care less! Her lack of people skills is evident! First I was ignored, then I was told I was over reacting and finally one day she just told me that if I didn't like the school to move my child to a diferent school! Which is exactly what I did!

Blazier Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
I have been with this school since they opened doors and had really high hopes! However over the past three years it has just gone down hill. So much o that we have decided to move to another school district at the end of the year! This school's main focus is spanish speaking students and parents. Oh and lets not forget about testing. It seems like all they do is test or practice for testing. Most of the staff is rude and very unhelpful unless you speak spanish. Which we do not. And the parking is just ridiculous. Sorry to be so hard on this school but I really was hoping this school would be great!

Posted April 28, 2010
My son loves his school. It is only his first year there and he has adapted well. His teacher has been strict (consistent), but he needs that consistency in his routine and he has thrived in her classroom. He doesn't come home with perfect behaviour but then he is not perfect. I also wonder why Blazier has such a low rating when they were recognized last year.

Blazier Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I wonder why Blazier Elementary School is rated 3 out 10 when the school was RECOGNIZED last year based on TAKS scores. Since it was only our 2nd year I would think that we deserve a higher score than 3 out of 10

Posted August 03, 2009

Blazier Elementary School
8601 Nuckols Crossing Road, Austin, TX  78744
Last modified Blazier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blazier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top