Austin, TX

Posted April 20, 2015
I love our School, great discipline is what we need to be successful and I feel we accomplish that on Baldwin. Everybody it's very friendly, from the janitor to the principal. There is a lot of parent involvement and that makes the difference.

Baldwin Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2015
My daughter has attended kindergarten, and is now in first grade at Baldwin. Academically speaking, I think Baldwin is OK. I am happy enough with the education she has received so far, and happy with her teachers. I believe children will get an adequate education at this school, but don't look for anything innovative or creative in their approach. Sadly, innovation and creativity need to be nurtured privately, AFTER SCHOOL. I am unhappy with the lack of P.E. and recess time. These kids have a seven-hour school day and only one 20-minute recess. They have P.E. only every third day. This is absurd. It is common knowledge that this complete lack of exercise or movement is totally at odds with a productive learning environment, and only exacerbates the very real problem of childhood obesity. Everyone knows this, but seems content to ignore it. Don't even get me started on the cafeteria food....it is a disgrace. Be prepared to pack a lunch.

Baldwin Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
This school is fine in terms of academic standards, but there are certain things that need attention. The school's behavior management policies are very strict. The draconian discipline has left a lot of kids unhappy. They are bullied in the cafeteria by the Cafeteria lady. I have witnessed several kids being bullied by her and kids have come home crying. They are not allowed to move after they have finished eating. They just sit for 1/2 hr without talking or moving otherwise they face consequences. They get only 20 min of free play time in the play ground and the rest of the time they are confined to their classrooms under strict rules. The last thing I wanted to say is that the school teaches to the test. Few months before the STAAR testing, all they do is practice test so they keep up the scores.

Posted February 25, 2014
Baldwin is a great school. We have been so happy with the teachers here. Could not be more pleased with this school. The PTA involvement is wonderful as well, a great neighborhood school.

Posted October 08, 2013
The school is great so far. This is our 3rd year. dr. pena is great and I feel she knows each kid by name. I feel like there shoudl be more programs like chess and DI programs for the kids to be more challenging.

Baldwin Elementary School 3

Posted July 08, 2013
I have no other experience with public Austin schools but I think Baldwin is an extremely unorganized school. My daughter just finished kinder and I regard her classroom experience as chaotic and just covering the basics. I don't think her school really excels at anything and is a so-so educational experience. We are looking to move her to private school to offer her a richer educational experience.

Posted April 28, 2013
I normally go in the cafeteria, sit with my kid's class, watch them eating, and do some little helpings. As long as I don't EAT with my kid, I think sharing the table is OK.

Posted April 15, 2013
This is a great elementary school! My daughter is thriving after 3 years here. Very professional and friendly staff, from the crossing guards, to the principal, VP and office help, everyone is always welcoming, courteous and greets you with a smile. The principle even noticed when my daughter got glasses! Our current teacher is AH-MAAAY-ZING!!! My only negatives are that I wish parents could eat lunch with their children AND friends (to see how they interact, etc.) instead of by themselves at a separate table...we do that at home! Also, it seems like the same parents do all the volunteering....LOTS of other parents need to step it UP and get more involved in helping.

Posted February 12, 2013
Principal Dr. Pena is incredibly attentive and seems to know all studend by name. Parents are very involved and there seems to be no shortage of volunteers at any of the extra-circcucilar and academic programs. Don't know many of the teachers yet but Ms. Seitz (Kinder) has been great, and we hear great things about many other teachers in higher grades.

Baldwin Elementary School
12200 Meridian Park Boulevard, Austin, TX  78739
Last modified Baldwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baldwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top