Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 18, 2016
So, so very grateful for Ms. Alanis for caring so much about my child's education

Posted June 18, 2016
We moved to Avery Ranch in August of 2015 and I am beyond happy that we've made the decision to send our kiddos to Rutledge. My son has formed friendships with boys who are polite, supportive, and fun! He is so much happier here than the school we came from, which is saying a lot since he had plenty of close friends there as well. The teachers are exceptional. My first grader loves her teacher, Ms. Alanis, so much, that she writes her notes all the time, telling her how much she loves her. Ms. Mahlstadt is everything I was hoping my 4th grader would have as a teacher. She's professional, is creative with her lessons, and my son just adores her!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 31, 2016
I have seen great growth from my son with both his kindergarten and first grade teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2016
My son is in 1st grade and has daily reading and a weekly reading assignment, plus a math assignment a few times a week. Overall, this amount seems just right for a 6-7 year old.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
The Leader In Me Program at Rutledge Elementary focuses on developing these programs in the students.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
Same as before, the Leader in Me Program at Rutledge focuses on developing this quality in students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
Again, Rutledge Elementary uses the Leader In Me program, which is focuses on also developing these qualities in the students.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
Rutledge uses the Leader In Me program and that focuses on developing these qualities in the students.

Posted May 31, 2016
My oldest child attends Rutledge Elementary and I strongly feel that this school should be rated a 10 and not a 7. Most of the internet sites rating schools focus solely on test scores. Rutledge is so much more than a number on a test. Rutledge uses the Leader In Me program that utilizes the 7 Habits of Happy Kids, which teaches students to be productive members of society. My son is learning strong academic skills, but he is also learning strong life skills such as how to be proactive, how to problem solve, and how to work well with others. In a time when more and more high school kids are graduating high school woefully ill prepared for college and life, I am very grateful that my son is learning strong academics, but also incredibly important qualities to help him succeed in life. Academics are extremely important, but that can only get a child so far. I am very pleased that Rutledge is our neighborhood school.

Posted May 02, 2016
The staff is very responsive and open to communication with parents. They have been on top of learning needs with my child and proactive in finding solutions as soon as a concern arises. The use of the Leader in Me curriculum adds to an environment of acceptance and respect among students and staff. Academics are stressed, while incorporating art, music, physical activity, and creative learning styles into the mix. We have been VERY happy with our Rutledge experience.

11501 Staked Plains Drive, Austin, TX  78717
Last modified Rutledge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.