K-12|Private
1,000 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

We came to Regents 7 years ago in search of a school that would provide our son with more than just a great academic education, which he was receiving at the school where he was attending kindergarten. We came for the Christian Worldview & character development and we have stayed for that and the parent, teacher and administrator community. Together we work to prepare our children for the path and not the path for our children.

Regents has been an amazing school for our children! We have been at Regents for four years and have been extremely happy. I love how my kids are growing in their love and faith in Jesus at school. They feel loved and safe and are learning so much! We could not be more grateful for the community at Regents!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students at Regents are taught to walk out the Gospel. If they mess up, they need to admit it and ask for forgiveness. The teachers are daily teaching these heart lessons.

I have two kids who started in kinder and we’re 6 years in—we LOVE it! Regents is a great match for us. The teachers here do a fantastic job of incorporating the gospel without it being forced. My kids grow up seeing how God permeates life—from time spent planting/harvesting at the garden to praying for an injured friend to reading about a literary character who relied on God—He’s not just a Sunday friend. Though it’s academically challenging, my kids are enthusiastic about going to school each day—learning is fun here. Regents has lots of opportunities for parents to help and volunteer especially in the younger grades. I find that I too truly enjoy my time up at the school. For me, I’ve have found a community that is quick to pray and slow to gossip; these friends care about me in spite of my flaws. I'm grateful to have found Regents.

We were very unimpressed with our admissions experience and got a real elitist feeling from the school that made me want to take a shower. The process dragged out for months for no reason and was highly disorganized, yet we had to jump through all their hoops, forms, interviews, tests, and wait. Finally after months, they finally deigned to say that our academically gifted child was waitlisted although they never mentioned a space issue prior. We were supposed to call them (but of course!) if we didn't want to be on the list. Never heard another word. Our public school is top-rated, friendly and welcoming, and extremely organized. Regents could learn something from them, but then again perhaps they are too upper class for that. Not what I expect from a supposed Christian school.

Our 6 years at Regents have been a positive academic and social experience for our children and an enriching community for us as parents. The school has repeatedly risen to the occasion of providing a rigorous academic environment, brought to life with meaningful trips, festivals, and special events. While the classical curriculum is often challenging, the teachers are supportive, encouraging, and loving – recognizing each child as an individual. There is support on many levels of administration for shepherding the child’s character as well as fine-tuning their mind. Children make mistakes, and the school emphasizes coming alongside the parents in guiding their children. There are ample opportunities for parents to be involved in the classroom, organizing class specific, or school-wide events. The K-12 campus provides the older students with the opportunity to be a positive roll model for the younger students and is also a unique opportunity for parents with older children to support and mentor younger parents.

We live in Westlake, yet I send my children to Regents because it is a truly wonderful school. I have had children in the elementary, middle, and high schools and have been tremendously satisfied with their educational experience. My children are challenged academically in small classes by teachers that care deeply about their well being and seek to facilitate their growth as both students and Christians. You won't find a more welcoming and supportive community of parents. I find the students to be inclusive, hard working, and exceptionally well behaved. The opportunities for participation in sports and various extracurricular activities are numerous. I am so thankful that my children have the opportunity to spend time learning in a beautiful campus surrounded by such incredible students and faculty.

Claustrophobically insular. Repressively conformist. Emptily materialistic. Superficial, elitist cultural bubble. And yes, 15 words. Bingo!

we have had a positive experience at Regents...as with any experience in life, you get out of it what you put into it. I embraced the value of community and jumped right in, which made for a positive experience finding groups of parents and students that were more alike to our family. I remember in the interview process in 2007, we stressed the need of being in a private school where we could be part of a community, and received one. The interview and testing process was impressive, with the faculty saying "please don't look to us as the perfect school because we are all imperfect people". It has been as perfect of an experience as we could expect. I believe the education my children receive is of high quality and the opportunities for music and athletics are wonderful. Our eldest has been successful in college and credits his education at Regents. I read the comments about drug use and bullying, recalling the fact that we are all human and fall short, those social ills will exist in any school environment.

They don't live up to their stated values and mission. Lots of bullying and drug use in the school and a complete failure by the administration to address the issues. They seem to have lost their way because of their focus on growth.

Last modified Regents School Of Austin is a Private school that serves grades K-12