8-12|Private

Bad
Good

It has its ups and downs theres a lot of drama among students teachers can be rude and know everything about you they look at you weird theres only some teachers i can trust not all the work study program is awsome no complains there classes are advanced good school cept all there rules no hoodies no gum no silver or white or colored shoes nly button up collar shirts you get in trouble for any little thing you do.

Great school with teachers who really care about the kids on a personal level.

I am a freshmen at this school. I hated it at first but trust me by the end of the school year you dont want to leave! I dont want to leave San Juan Diego. It has changed me big time! Everything about me is changed into a better new me! -Amber R. 2008-2009

It gives kids great opportunities and AMAZING job experiences! It's a very different kind of school, and they've come a long way.

This school was the best thing that happened to us as a family. My daughter totally changed her attitude about adults and other students her age. She was homeschooled and this was a great transition for her. There were mostly hispanic students but that didn't matter. She made a few friends and that's all she needed. She graduated salutatorian and got a 4 year scholarship to a private women's college. Its a great school!

As a teacher at San Juan Diego Catholic High School, what I think is most important about the school's mission is that, by way of our innovative corporate work study program, we're able to offset tuition in such a way that a quality, Catholic, college-preparatory education is made available to a much wider range of students. Students who might not otherwise have such an opportunity. Additionally, I can only imagine the benefits had I graduated with the work experience that our students accumulate through their time here at San Juan Diego.

San Juan Diego is a school that will prepare any student willing to make the most of their future. I am an alumni and graduated in 2007. Being the second generation coming out of such a new school is definately in itself a risk. However, the fact that I was exposed to the corporate work program and had the opportunity to work with the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and Dell, among many others, I was able to develop my professional skills as well as my speaking skills. I am currently at St. Edward's University and have kept an outstanding GPA, have been in internships, and continue my involvement within the campus communitity as well as the Austin community. I am in contact with my graduating class despite the fact that some of us are in other states or cities attending other universities. The impossible becomes possible at SJD.

This school is on the rise! Students graduate with an Advanced Diploma of 30 credits (compared to the 21- and 24-credit diplomas of the Austin public schools), with 4 years of experience in the corproate world, and with over 100 hours of service learning. There are many positives working in favor of this school. Even the Saints soccer team went to state play-offs last year! Go, Saints!

Having been involved with the school's innovative Corporate Work Study Program, I have nothing but positive things to say about the school. Their students, despite being as young as 14, are in the working world and are bright, articulate, mature, and better-prepared than I could have imagined.

I strongly disagree with all of these reviews. I have recently graduated form San Juan Diego Catholic High School and I am currently in Texas State University. This school has prepared me so well that I am making A s and B s on my college classes. It has prepared me so well that my character has changed completely from a shy and unconfident person to a person that is outgoing and ready to confront any challenge that I may face. This same change I have seen on many of my classmates and upcoming San Juan Diego graduates. This school doesn t only prepare you academically but also in the work field. The students there are really friendly and welcoming to all new students because we as a school want them to feel welcomed and that there part of the community. The teachers are great, there always willing to help and stay until late so that we understand the material that is being covered in class. I am extremely grateful to all my teachers and San Juan Diego staff because this school has made me grow and my classmates to be academically competent with other schools and ready for the challenge of going to college. I also personally recommend this school to any one that whishes there child to be prepared for college and for life.

Last modified San Juan Diego Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12