Posted April 07, 2014
I have a little sister, who I am her guardian and brother, who is attending this school. She likes it here becuase the academics are good and it defintley prepares the girls for the future. The only thing that she compalins about is that there are no boys in the school, but I think that is why the weekends are for. Besides it means less distractions and less drama. The teachers are great, although I am something against the administration at times. I know that the principle doesn't mean any harm, but some of her decisions that she makes. For example, she fired one of the teachers for geeting pregnate AND having cancer after the pregancy. She did not allow her to get a medical leave, instead she just fired her. So this is one example of how the principle is. Other than that the school is fantastic and its class size for each grade is a good size. All the girls from each of their grade seem to know each other. Again it is a blessing and a privilage for my sister to be attending this school. Just recently I have spoken to some of the graduates from this school, all of the girls are saying that college is a pieace a cake and that ARS prepared them well.

Posted March 26, 2014
Teachers, Principal and Coaches are highly committed to the girls, their academics, social development and leadership skills. Coach Brown did SO MUCH to support my daughter during times she struggled.

Posted January 16, 2014
My daughter has been attending ARS since 6th grade. She is now a freshman in high school. We are so blessed to have the opportunities this school has offered us. I am a single parent raising my two girls on a single income and attending classes myself. I could never have afforded this type of education for my daughter in a private school. The work is hard and the expectations are high, but my daughter has risen to every challenge with the help of the outstanding faculty and leadership. Thank you, Austin ISD for ARS. It has changed our lives. :)

Posted July 12, 2013
The Ann Richards School is a wonderful place for the right type of girl. Not only are the academics top notch, but the community is nurturing and the sports (for what they are) are good as well. The administration can be a too strict, but they do loosen up considerably once you get to high school. If you're a smart, academically minded girl looking for a great school to prepare you for the future, then look no farther than Ann Richards.

Posted July 22, 2012
As a student, I can say that this school is basically what you make it. If you put your all into the rigorous academics and extracurricular activities and make an effort to get involved, then you will enjoy this school. I love this school, especially because of its intimacy and closeness. I used to be incredibly shy, and now I can make a speech in front of my whole class and not be fazed by it. This school has left a lasting impression on me, and I don't think I could have gotten that at any other school. (I am a high schooler at ARS)

Richards School For Young Women Leade 2

Posted January 22, 2012
It's good for middle school, but terrible for high school. High school should be a time for students to grow academically and mentally. If I've learned one thing from this school, it is that you MUST go to college or you will die. One of the administrators specifically told us we should cancel any activities we have with friends over the weekend to study instead. We get loads of homework and honestly the level is not very good. Everybody must take all pre-ap classes and the teachers are not that great. If you are not good at a certain subject, there is no reason as to why you should be forced to take a pre-ap class. Our electives are really depressing; our theater doesn't ever perform, we lose all our band and orchestra contests and our only other electives are art and choir. We have amazing athletes who are not able to become the stars they could be because they have way too much homework, school work and stress put upon them. Our cross-country coach had to fight in order to simply let us where our cross country t-shirt when we got back from our meet. To be honest, I don't know a single high schooler who actually enjoys this school. Also, half the grade is failing.

Richards School For Young Women Leade 3

Posted May 22, 2011
I have nothing against this school I really don't, but there are many other schools that are much better than this one. Personally the administration can be very rude to staff and students. I don't think that I would have lasted another year there. It is a very fortunate school to go to, but when teachers are always trying to be friendly it does get overwhelming; they stress the idea of family way too much.

Richards School For Young Women Leade 0

Posted October 11, 2010
An all girls school with many great classes and teachers.

Posted September 16, 2010
I have been going to the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders since it's opening. Every year teachers are picked out of hundreds of applicants per position, ensuring we get the cream of the crop. It's obvious that we will have to work hard to maintain our grades but teacher have always been willing to tutor me anytime I need them. The school cannot get a review that glows bright enough for it. You could not ask for a better school for your daughter.

Richards School For Young Women Leade 2

Posted August 15, 2010
I went to ARS for my 7th and 8th grade year and found it was not a very good school at all, at least not for me. The whole thing is too focused around college, and it suffocated me. I already knew I wanted to go to college, but they just kept shoving it fown my throat. It would be a good school for girls who aren't really sure about their future. But for me, I was bored half of the time, and found the environment to be oppressive. There were no room for mistakes. For instance, if I forgot my lanyard (part of the uniform), I had to go to lunch detention. If I forgot to go to that, I had to go to MSSH (Mandatory Silent Study Hall). Also, the staff tried too hard to display the diversity.

Richards School For Young Women Leade
2206 Prather Lane, Austin, TX  78704
Last modified Richards School For Young Women Leade is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richards School For Young Women Leade Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.