Austin, TX

Posted December 12, 2014
My six year old attended her kinder year with out any problems. The evening we went in for her 1st grade open house we walked through the front doors and her Principle remembered her name and greeted her with a smile!! I was happily surprised. We decided to keep her at River Place and not move because she felt comfortable there. Hearing her Principle call her by her name made me feel comfortable! Great school!

River Place Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
My child has gone to this school for 2 years now and his academic progress has definitely gone down hill. He was performing above his expected grade level beforehand. The principal and staff are clearly there simply for the paycheck and title. Since I have consistently brought to their attention issues, now they are rude and speak condescendingly to me with a fake smile any chance they get. Needless to say, I will not enroll my child in this school again. Extremely disappointed.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my son's 3rd year at River Place. Nothing but great experiences. The teachers are very dedicated. The principal puts the kids needs first and the PTA is always improving to provide more for the school. My son loves the teachers, programs offered and the school as a whole.

Posted July 16, 2013
My boys went there for 1-3 and they really enjoyed it- we were previously at round rock ISD and I felt my boys were a bit behind, but they caught up quickly- we have since moved out of state and miss this school

River Place Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2012
Unsure the education being taught is up to speed compared other schools in Austin. After moving from AISD to LISD I was excited since the reviews for Leander were so much better than Austin. My daughter entered second grade this year at River Place and since as been on the decline. Finishing first grade she was above her reading level and was already able to do and understand most math concepts now we are struggling to get her ahead to a 3rd grade level. The teacher never seemed to help her one on one and did not offer any suggestions, programs or activities to help. She was nice but not a great teacher. We will try 3rd grade at River Place and if it doesn't get better we are moving.

Posted April 05, 2012
We moved to the area after the start of the school year. The staff and students were all so helpful and made sure all efforts were made for my son to adjust. He is in 1st grade, and he loves the school. They take a hands on approach vs stricktly text book reading. The PTA is very involed. We are very happy here!

River Place Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2009
The verdict is still out on this new school. The principal says all the right things, but I'm not seeing anything other than an average education being delivered in an environment with a student population that is way above average. These students are capable of achieving GREAT things academically, but I'm not sure that this school is providing anything but the basic LISD out-of-the-box education. Maybe things will get better?

Posted September 29, 2008

Posted July 12, 2008

Posted April 03, 2008
Our son is in 5th grade here. He's having a fantastic experience and really getting prepared for Middle School. He has had about 7 or 8 teachers for the various subjects. A great start for a new school! You will be pleased by all the opportunities for you to be involved in your child's education...

River Place Elementary School
6500 Sitio Del Rio Boulevard, Austin, TX  78730
Last modified River Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top