Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

we were at Grandview Hills Elementary last year which I can describe as the year from hell. I am not even sure the principal actually went to work to tell you the truth. In fact, a child in my family attended GVHE since it opened for 9 long years but once this last principal started, things really changed and got to the point where it was just flat out unacceptable. I was very nervous to move my child to a new school in the same district and wondered if I should pursue a private school to avoid the same mistakes, but I have to say that we are very happy here at RPE. It makes a huge difference having a principal who shows up for work every day and is engaged. I will never again take that for granted. My daughter went from just OK academically with tons of bullying last year that went largely unaddressed to soaring to the top of her class, and she is happy! My advise to any parent now is to interview the school principal and see what you think before enrolling your child in that school because that seems to make all the difference! GVHE had terribly high teacher turn-over the last three years and RPE does not. Happy well managed staff equals happy kids and parents! We are so pleased to be titans and everyone is just so sweet and helpful there! I should have just gone with my instincts and transferred my child over there sooner.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school goes the extra mile in providing students with lessons in integrity, honesty and fairness. There is also a strict no-bullying policy.

My son has been enrolled at Riverplace since Kindergarten (he just started 4th grade) and our experience has been excellent. Everyone from the principal to the teachers, school counselor and nurse seem to share a genuine mission of excellence for the students, not just academically but regarding their overall well being. They are very involved; not in the least complacent. It's an exemplary school in a great neighborhood. Very highly recommended!

We had high hopes for this school and unfortunately were very disappointed. My son had four different teachers this year, and despite having good grades in class regressed in his academic performance compared to last year. Although, he received straight A's it was obvious from reviewing his work at the end of the year that the teacher had not really graded his work. Work was checked for completion but not accuracy. A comparison with last year's work confirmed no progress in writing or reading comprehension. State testing results further validated this, as he did not progress from last year. A quick check with other parents revealed that almost all of their children are receiving extra tutoring and instruction outside of the school as they felt the school was not academically sufficient. It might be worth reviewing the percentage of students that met standard in 4th grade writing this year (2015) as you consider school choices.

When this school first opened, it was exceptional. However, with the current leadership, there has been a decline in the overall academic performance, parental involvement and satisfaction, and teacher satisfaction. Teacher turnover has caused many disruptions in the educational process and a decline in overall cohesiveness and school pride. I removed my child from the school because of these issues. We will return to LISD for middle and high school.

My six year old attended her kinder year with out any problems. The evening we went in for her 1st grade open house we walked through the front doors and her Principle remembered her name and greeted her with a smile!! I was happily surprised. We decided to keep her at River Place and not move because she felt comfortable there. Hearing her Principle call her by her name made me feel comfortable! Great school!

My child has gone to this school for 2 years now and his academic progress has definitely gone down hill. He was performing above his expected grade level beforehand. The principal and staff are clearly there simply for the paycheck and title. Since I have consistently brought to their attention issues, now they are rude and speak condescendingly to me with a fake smile any chance they get. Needless to say, I will not enroll my child in this school again. Extremely disappointed.

This is my son's 3rd year at River Place. Nothing but great experiences. The teachers are very dedicated. The principal puts the kids needs first and the PTA is always improving to provide more for the school. My son loves the teachers, programs offered and the school as a whole.

My boys went there for 1-3 and they really enjoyed it- we were previously at round rock ISD and I felt my boys were a bit behind, but they caught up quickly- we have since moved out of state and miss this school

Unsure the education being taught is up to speed compared other schools in Austin. After moving from AISD to LISD I was excited since the reviews for Leander were so much better than Austin. My daughter entered second grade this year at River Place and since as been on the decline. Finishing first grade she was above her reading level and was already able to do and understand most math concepts now we are struggling to get her ahead to a 3rd grade level. The teacher never seemed to help her one on one and did not offer any suggestions, programs or activities to help. She was nice but not a great teacher. We will try 3rd grade at River Place and if it doesn't get better we are moving.

Last modified River Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.