Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
Their motto is "We care, we share, we show respect. It's the Titan way." The students are expected to put this motto into practice.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
This school goes the extra mile in providing students with lessons in integrity, honesty and fairness. There is also a strict no-bullying policy.

Posted August 25, 2015
My son has been enrolled at Riverplace since Kindergarten (he just started 4th grade) and our experience has been excellent. Everyone from the principal to the teachers, school counselor and nurse seem to share a genuine mission of excellence for the students, not just academically but regarding their overall well being. They are very involved; not in the least complacent. It's an exemplary school in a great neighborhood. Very highly recommended!

River Place Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2015
We had high hopes for this school and unfortunately were very disappointed. My son had four different teachers this year, and despite having good grades in class regressed in his academic performance compared to last year. Although, he received straight A's it was obvious from reviewing his work at the end of the year that the teacher had not really graded his work. Work was checked for completion but not accuracy. A comparison with last year's work confirmed no progress in writing or reading comprehension. State testing results further validated this, as he did not progress from last year. A quick check with other parents revealed that almost all of their children are receiving extra tutoring and instruction outside of the school as they felt the school was not academically sufficient. It might be worth reviewing the percentage of students that met standard in 4th grade writing this year (2015) as you consider school choices.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 05, 2015
Students are allowed to simply skip over problems they don't understand by writing IDK (I don't know). There is no follow-up by teachers to resolve. My son's end of year work review was full of "IDKs" that were never resolved. He received an "A".

River Place Elementary School 1

Posted January 01, 2015
When this school first opened, it was exceptional. However, with the current leadership, there has been a decline in the overall academic performance, parental involvement and satisfaction, and teacher satisfaction. Teacher turnover has caused many disruptions in the educational process and a decline in overall cohesiveness and school pride. I removed my child from the school because of these issues. We will return to LISD for middle and high school.

Posted December 12, 2014
My six year old attended her kinder year with out any problems. The evening we went in for her 1st grade open house we walked through the front doors and her Principle remembered her name and greeted her with a smile!! I was happily surprised. We decided to keep her at River Place and not move because she felt comfortable there. Hearing her Principle call her by her name made me feel comfortable! Great school!

River Place Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
My child has gone to this school for 2 years now and his academic progress has definitely gone down hill. He was performing above his expected grade level beforehand. The principal and staff are clearly there simply for the paycheck and title. Since I have consistently brought to their attention issues, now they are rude and speak condescendingly to me with a fake smile any chance they get. Needless to say, I will not enroll my child in this school again. Extremely disappointed.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my son's 3rd year at River Place. Nothing but great experiences. The teachers are very dedicated. The principal puts the kids needs first and the PTA is always improving to provide more for the school. My son loves the teachers, programs offered and the school as a whole.

Posted July 16, 2013
My boys went there for 1-3 and they really enjoyed it- we were previously at round rock ISD and I felt my boys were a bit behind, but they caught up quickly- we have since moved out of state and miss this school

6500 Sitio Del Rio Boulevard, Austin, TX  78730
Last modified River Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top