Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 20, 2016
I want to thank Brenda who works in the office. She clearly loves the school, loves the kids, and makes an effort to get to know all of the students and their parents. Thank you Brenda!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 20, 2016
The students from GVHE are far kinder and more compassionate than the students I have met from the other feeder school once you get to the middle school level.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 20, 2016
The IB program and the IB attitudes have been carried home by my kids. I think the program is wonderful.

Posted January 20, 2016
Both of my children have attended GVHE since kindergarten. My oldest is now at Four Points Middle School. Both of my children are high achieving students and are in the PACE/QUEST programs of the district. GVHE is an IB school, and the smallest elementary in the district. The social/emotional intelligence IB has taught my kids far outweighs any program I experienced as a student myself. And I can see in the middle school that the GVHE kids come in as more understanding and empathetic kids than the kids from the other feeder elementary. The academic rigor is far beyond what I learned in Texas public schools as an advanced student myself (I attended both public and private elementary schools and taught middle school in Texas) and my middle schooler has had no trouble adjusting to the expectations of 6th grade advanced coursework. All schools should have the learning environment that GVHE provides its students. I LOVE this school.

Posted December 09, 2015
As an educator myself, I have been involved in many different schools over the past 20 years. Both of my children have attended this school and I have been thrilled with the level of rigor, with the teachers, and both sets of administration. IB places others at the forefront of my children's minds rather than solely looking at our small community. I appreciate the diversity and am pleased with the values that my children are learning.

Posted December 08, 2015
We have two children at this school and have had an excellent experience, particularly since Jennifer Andjelic (formerly Farley) took over. From time to time, I've had concerns in the classroom, as is expected, and I've always received courteous feedback and swift action to those concerns. One of my children has been identified as a top performer (Quest and PACE) and our other child has a unique learning style and struggled for a few years. Both children have received the education they need with just a few minor bumps in the road. There are many extraordinary teachers at GHE, the counselor is top-notch, the PE team is incredible, the parent volunteers and PTA are very involved, and the administrators care about educating the whole child. Additionally, children at GHE can participate is low-cost, PTA-sponsored enrichment programs after school, like Garden Club (did I mention there is a school garden?!?), Running Club, Math Pentathlon, Robotics, FLL, Yearbook Club, and Chess Club! The school is outstanding!

Grandview Hills Elementary School 3

Posted December 02, 2015
My third child attends this school and we have been there since it opened. It goes down academically every year and the ratings are getting worse. I blame the administration. Before this principle got here there was more concern for virtually everything. Mediocrity is completely encouraged. I have always tried to support this school but like many more before me I plan to take my child elsewhere once grades count. Also the lack of administrative problem solving ability is appalling and frankly the principle is just rude. My kids have all been top performers and this so so school isn't cutting it anymore. It's too bad it used to be really good now it's pretty much what you'd expect of a public school. Very disappointing.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 13, 2015
The speech therapist and Reading Specialist are fantastic. They have my youngest almost caught up to grade level.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 13, 2015
Between snarky emails, unprofessional dress and behavior, the teachers are the worst I have ever encountered.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 13, 2015
What is fair about asking the student to show that they can perform before moving them up and then when they do perform, hold them back? How does that teach fairness or integrity?

12024 Vista Parke Drive, Austin, TX  78726
Last modified Grandview Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grandview Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top