Posted June 15, 2014
We moved from out-of-state and have been at SHE for two years now. I cannot express enough how amazing this school is (especially compared to CA schools!!) The principal is great, the teachers are the best, parents are involved and you can feel the love just walking around the campus! My kids are getting a terrific education and I am grateful for this school!

Posted May 13, 2014
As a former teacher and a parent of two children at SHE for the past three years, I can assure you this is an excellent school! Teachers are well trained and love working at this campus. They are dedicated to our children, and it is tangibly expressed in the myriad of ways they reach them as a whole child. Our Lakeway community is warm and rallies to support those in need. It has been marvelous to watch this overflow into the school. Parents are welcomed and there are ample opportunities to be involved at the school and/or in the classroom. I have the utmost respect for our principal, who is just completing her second year with us. She is a beautiful balance of leadership that is both strong and gracious. She is a wonderful listener. She deeply cares for all her teachers, staff and students, as well as their families. She knows how to reach the heart of a child while disciplining, not punishing them. She is gentle and kind. If you are considering SHE for your child, please know you will find here more than you can hope or imagine!

Serene Hills Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2014
I have two children at SHE and in the GT program. Targeted enrichment here is a joke and my children consistently have 2+ hours of homework per night because they aren't learning at school. The main concern is passing standardized tests and not educating children to their fullest potential. Behavior problems abound and little is done to curb the disruption. 30% of the district's funds go to preserve programs at low income schools elsewhere in the state so now SHE is beginning to cut our programs. If you want an excellent school, I would suggest a different district.

Serene Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2014
This Lakeway School where he studied my granddaughter, is one of the best in the state of Texas, for that reason I believe that it is in the hands of modern optimal education for the twenty-first century. alvaro sequera duarte

Serene Hills Elementary School 3

Posted January 16, 2014
This principal is just a nightmare. Not only does she not have a clue about discipline, but she is a control freak and projects her fears and anxieties on the children and then punishes them for their reaction. SHE IS A NERVOUS WRECK. My son did very well at SHE until the newer principal came. Three times in one week I got called in for his "behavior," and twice she demanded I stop everything I was doing right at that moment in order to come in for a conference about him- with him in the room, of course (and then had to mention that he was the worst behaved child she had ever seen- right in front of him- and that she was so scared for his future because of it). As it turns out, she is such an insecure control freak that she singles out children in the cafeteria and literally breathes down their necks until they do something like clean up someone else's mess. No wonder the get upset. Fortunately my son has moved on to middle school this year, where he has no "behavior" issues- probably because there are no faculty members to bully him.

Posted January 12, 2014
This is our first year at SHE after we moved within the district from LTE. The school is much smaller and so far my children (K and 3rd) have been pleased with the transition. It is a small school with involved parents, teachers, and staff. I am a little concerned with having a "new" teacher this year for my Kinder student, but my 3rd grader has the best teacher she has EVER had and I am very impressed. The communication has been much better here. I do hope that they will continue to hire experienced teachers, and continue to challenge the kids. The new principal seems to be making great changes, the school nurse is OUTSTANDING, the music teacher amazes me, and the parents are involved and present! Drop-off is a breeze and aftercare has been a lifesaver that the kiddos LOVE. We are very proud to be at SHE.

Posted September 28, 2013
My children have been attending Serene Hills Elementary for 4 years. We came from another LTISD elementary campus, as well as the district pre-school program, and we have had an excellent experience with all of the teachers and staff at Serene Hills. Their personal attention to each child allows for educational as well as emotional growth. Our new principal is implementing fresh ideas and improving morale, as well as educational excellence. She is very approachable and has been responsive to parent concerns. This new school has grown so quickly, but teachers are adapting to recognize and meet the needs of all students. Our school nurse is amazing and attentive, always going above and beyond to look out for our kids. Our new counselor is one of the most professional and compassionate people I have worked with in the district (she has worked within our district for years, and we are very happy to have her!) The parents at SHE are very involved, and although we were at first disappointed to be re-districted from the "best school" to the "new school", we have been more than satisfied with the level of education and progress that has been made at this young school.

Posted September 07, 2013
SHE is an amazing school. The teachers are excellent! They differentiate the curriculum to meet the needs of EVERY child in the class. Targeted instruction is their #1 priority. The 1st grade team is exceptional ( we've only been there for 1st grade). I can't imagine a better learning environment for my child. Go SHE! Go Sailors!

Serene Hills Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2013
Underwhelmed at best with what we experienced here. Agree with past reviewer that teachers are young, inexperienced and for the most part not aligned with best practices in education. There is a lack of knowledge about how to manage children's behavior. Many teachers do not feel supported by administration. The special needs department (my daughter needs speech) is mediocre at best- they are phoning it in. We sold our house and moved into AISD so my children could attend charter/private in the city. 5th grade was a joke. They learned nothing after Christmas except how to test. Don't be fooled by the pretty campus, it's a sinking ship.

Serene Hills Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2013
Overall not all impressed....If you are looking for a school that truly provides students with a well rounded education through the latest instructional strategies (based on research) and how students learn: data driven instruction, balanced literacy-guided reading, small group differentiation, guided math groups, REAL support for struggling students and support for those that need acceleration-in the classroom and not via a worksheet, SHE is not the one. For the majority, SHE teachers are simply inexperienced/untrained in educational best-practices. We could go on and on. We have children in multiple grades at SHE. If you want to see what real instruction looks like, go visit some classrooms in surrounding schools (including AISD) and please compare. We did, just way too late. Don't let the pretty campus fool you. SHE is not at all what people are making it out to be and I am so sad that we "drank the coolaid". SHE has a long way to go.... We can only hope the new principal makes some major adjustments to her staff and the schools approach to education.

Serene Hills Elementary School
3322 Ranch Road 620 South, Austin, TX  78738
Last modified Serene Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Serene Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top