Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I have said it once I will say it again. This whole issue is the leadership's fault. The leaders who state they know how much danger we are in, but don't want to deal with it. Yet you'll have staff dealing with insuring we AREN'T exiting safely. Makes perfect sense from a school to not care one bit about the community they share.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When a school knowingly shows a complete disregard for their communities safety this surely is seen by the student body. They learn they are the important ones and no one else besides themselves matters. Others safety and even lives don't matter. Very sad thing to teach kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The administration doesn't want the teacher's to worry about traffic safely being routed into the school. Instead they have those teachers use their time to man a road block insuring everyone isn't safe. Way to make your teachers do your dirty work...but none the less the teachers go right along with insuring everyone is NOT safe.

Amount of homework: Neutral

My child doesn't attend I am a community member.

Posted March 22, 2017 - a community member We currently attend ADS and KIPP Austin was a serious contender for his high school education once he was out of ADS. ADS shares a campus with KIPP however, and I have found they have no care about the safety of not only their own students, their close school communities, but also the community as a whole. Anyone who uses 969 live is put at risk without even knowing it, due to KIPPS actions. They recently have took to blocking roads to not allow access for safe exit from campus for our school. This in turn puts everyone including their school community at risk. They are very aware how their actions are putting people lives at risk, and they simply say they don't want to deal with the traffic. Yet they staff a road block and spend time to do that, they have time to insure that we can't exit safely...but no time to insure safety for ALL. This is a sad stance for a school to take, and shows what your community means to this school. Being an important part of your community and insuring your safety should be a priority of this school. It is absolutely not. Not only does this affect our small school community it affect KIPP students, and anyone using 969 during peak hours. Our school not only rearranged school hours to insure our school start and stop don't interfere with their traffic, they still insist on blocking this road. I will be happy to sarcastically thank the staff manning the road block everyday...thank them for insuring that my life is put at risk...because a school doesn't want to deal with safety. Baffles me they'd rather deal with insuring everyone isn't safe. I will tell anyone and everyone the lack of care for human life this school has.

this school sucks because their idea of making us climb to college is terrible, only because we stay longer in school doesnt mean we get smarter, my cousin who goes to reagan gets better grades than i do and were on the same grade and their getting teached the same thing their teaching in kipp. I hope they atleast minimise the amount of hours in school like only 8 hours and maybe add programs for after school choices

This school is truly exemplary. After having kids in both AISD and private schools, this has been the best school system I have seen. The teachers really care about the students success and the students are motivated. When the students are not motivated the teachers care enough to motivate them.

Its a really really good school... The teachers actually do care about what you are learning and they want to know if you are understanding what they are teaching us.

This is the first year for KAC, and they are doing ok on year one. The homework load is a little high for the average student. This *could* be manageable but the kids are in school from 7:30 until 5p, so by the time the kids get home and finish their homework it is already 9 or 10pm. I believe the school day is way too long and causes the kids to get really burned out. My daughter and some of her friends have resorted to just getting all the homework *done* in the last 3 months. Many of the teachers are pretty good for a first-year school. KAC does have a few classes where more than 1/2 the students are getting a C or lower. KAC pushes on the students but I suspect the teachers are the issue. A good school if your kid does not burn out.

Kipp has given my kid hope to keep on learning for her future. She now speaks of going to collage.

Last modified Kipp Austin Collegiate is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.