School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

JDNI lays the groundwork for a life long love of learning by combining the benefits of multilingual and intercultural education and promoting international-mindedness. Our school aims to develop active, knowledgeable, and compassionate learners who contribute to a better and more peaceful world.
March 12, 2013

Posted June 10, 2014
JDNI was introduced to me by our pediatrician. As an educator, I was especially selective in my search for a great school for our two daughters. Although proficient in Spanish, I struggled to use it often enough so my girls would learn. We have a 2 year old and 4 year old and both girls LOVE JDNI! You can't expect miracles, your kids will not become fluent in a few months, however they are learning the language. My girls started in Jan. and the 4 yr old already puts complete sentences together in Spanish. She frequently asks me to translate words to Spanish (thank God for the internet!) My family has been incredibly impressed by the school & we look fwd to a great year.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have three children who have been at Jardin de Ninos for the last five years. I love that my children are billingual and are getting a well rounded education. My children are so happy and love thier teachers. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 05, 2013
My children have attended the south location of Jardin de Ninos since they were babies. Prior to enrolling here, we were going to a generic, high-end facility that felt soulless and quite expensive. Once we started at Jardin, we felt at home. Once they entered the pre-school portion of the school, they began to learn the building blocks of a formal education, in a different language! Educating the children through art, song, and traditional methods with native accents really helped to develop our children as native Spanish speakers, even though we are native English speakers. The elementary school has been a wonderful experience as well. The IB cirriculum is demanding but is certainly worth the commitment. Not only does it teach our children to be global citizens, but it also teaches them to approach life from multiple angles rather than a singular point of view. The small student-to-teacher ratio is priceless as well. It is a huge commitment to educate your child in a bilingual environment, so choosing this path is not for the faint at heart. However, the education our children have received thus far is amazing and will be valuable for the rest of their lives.

Posted June 28, 2013
Jardin de Ninos Austin TX is a great school! The staff and teachers are good about keeping parents in the loop about our child's progress! They also have several activities thought the year in which they celebrate the different cultures in our Country. We look forward to sending all of our children to Jardin de Ninos!

Posted April 04, 2013
My school has been a great experience for my family. We can't believe how quickly our daughter has learned to speak spanish. She is only two years old and she knows her vowels in Spanish! I'm so impressed that they are NAEYC accredited, not many schools have this accreditation. The IB curriculum is amazing! I'm confident that our daughter is learning to be a global citizen and be open minded to other cultures. And OMG! The teachers! I can't say enough. All the teachers at Jardin de Ninos are so loving and nourturing to the children. I'm so glad we picked this school!

Posted February 20, 2013
My children have been attending Jardin for over 4 years and we have been extremely pleased with their academic and social development thus far. Both of my children at ages 4 and 6 are proficient in Spanish and enjoy learning French and Mandarin. The IB curriculum has made them internationally minded and inquisitive just as the IB curriculum prescribes. The teachers are very caring and invested in seeing each child meet his/her potential which is indeed a blessing.

Posted January 09, 2013
This is my daughter's 4th year at JDNI and we're both sad that she won't be here next year (We will be moving to another State). Previously she was at a private school and neither my husband nor I have once regretted the decision to enroll her here! This school does exactly what they claim to---to teach children the basics while also teaching them to be respectful to all, to be critical thinkers, to ask questions, to be a participant in today's world instead of a bystander, etc. The teachers are THE BEST b/c they truly care about each and every child in the class and strive to help each student 'grow more brain!' The entire staff, including the wonderful principal Mr. Rodriguez, is awesome! If you want the best education for your child. We will miss Jardin very much!!

Posted December 26, 2012
Jardin is a fabulous school. I love the fact that it the curriculum is internationally minded. It is so important for our children (preschool and kindergarten) to understand they are part of a global environment. In addition to the curriculum Jardin has a wonderful administrative team. Mrs. Rodriguez the principal is an amazing person. Teachers are very caring. Jardin cares about their school and they do everything they can to make sure your child's experience is a good one both academically and emotionally. They are always available to parents. We continue to see more parent involvement PTA, I love our new PTA president Marisol F. I am a high maintenance parent in some ways and I cannot say enough good about our school.

Posted October 24, 2012
As a parent of a Kindergarten and a Pre K student I can say that JDNI has been a wonderful choice for our children and family. While the IB curriculum is dynamic, connecting county standards to real world applications, I feel that more importantly, my children are learning about how to be a responsible and caring people in the world. The "taking action" component is our favorite part. My sons are learning to think about how they can make the world a better place, whether recycling, cleaning up area parks or beaches, or simply showing kindness to a friend. Extracurricular clubs are also great! Brain Food, Percussion, Spanish Club, United Nations, Save the Planet, Garden Club... All of these provide such awesome opportunities to form relationships with classmates/peers and develop much different intelligence. When K students are researching and learning how they're choices matter- I think that says a lot! Even though my first grader has surpassed grade level expectations at this time- he is still being pushed and challenged academically every day. And is excited about his accomplishments. Great families, great teachers, great kids, amazing director, great school!

Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
I don't recommend this school. My son attended JDNI for almost a year. At first we were really excited and impressed with the school, teachers and administrative staff. But little did we know that the owner, Adriana Rodriguez, was going to end up being a condescending, self-interested and ambitious individual whom only goal in life is become a millionaire at other people s expense. I do have to say, however, that the teachers and director were always nice and caring, but the poor administrative skills of the owner made it hard for the teachers to do their job appropriately. The program is a great idea. It is a shame that it s being handled by the wrong people.

Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School
8707 Mountain Crest Drive, Austin, TX  78735
Last modified Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.