PK-5|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

JDNI lays the groundwork for a life long love of learning by combining the benefits of multilingual and intercultural education and promoting international-mindedness. Our school aims to develop active, knowledgeable, and compassionate learners who contribute to a better and more peaceful world.
March 12, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted October 23, 2015
Very hard to develop this when the person at the top of the food chain is anything but...

Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School 1

Posted October 23, 2015
There are almost no words to describe what happened at this school when we were just there. It ripped apart a most beautiful community of wonderful families, because of the acts of the owner. -Most all of the families left. Please, if you are reading this, do what someone said below and ask people who left this school what happened. There is ongoing investigation and none of us want to feel like we did not do our duty with our children. The people in the office even quit, most all of the teachers left, and as well as there was a coverup with CPS involving the owner. My world turned around as the bottom of realization hit all of us about this school. I cannot change the world, but I can leave this review in hopes that someone like me, before I brought my children to this school, will see my review and dig a little deeper. There are other options for being bilingual, but nothing is worth having this experience.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted October 01, 2015
Administration attempted to cover up a situation in which CPS was involved (to other parents). The situation involved an administrator threatening a child.

Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School 1

Posted September 30, 2015
Do your research on this school by speaking with other parents in the community. I withdrew my children.

Posted February 25, 2015
AEBS is the greatest place in the world! My son started in Pre-K and he is learning so much spanish. It has been the most amazing experience of our lives and I am forever grateful that we made the commitment to AEBS.

Posted June 10, 2014
JDNI was introduced to me by our pediatrician. As an educator, I was especially selective in my search for a great school for our two daughters. Although proficient in Spanish, I struggled to use it often enough so my girls would learn. We have a 2 year old and 4 year old and both girls LOVE JDNI! You can't expect miracles, your kids will not become fluent in a few months, however they are learning the language. My girls started in Jan. and the 4 yr old already puts complete sentences together in Spanish. She frequently asks me to translate words to Spanish (thank God for the internet!) My family has been incredibly impressed by the school & we look fwd to a great year.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have three children who have been at Jardin de Ninos for the last five years. I love that my children are billingual and are getting a well rounded education. My children are so happy and love thier teachers. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 05, 2013
My children have attended the south location of Jardin de Ninos since they were babies. Prior to enrolling here, we were going to a generic, high-end facility that felt soulless and quite expensive. Once we started at Jardin, we felt at home. Once they entered the pre-school portion of the school, they began to learn the building blocks of a formal education, in a different language! Educating the children through art, song, and traditional methods with native accents really helped to develop our children as native Spanish speakers, even though we are native English speakers. The elementary school has been a wonderful experience as well. The IB cirriculum is demanding but is certainly worth the commitment. Not only does it teach our children to be global citizens, but it also teaches them to approach life from multiple angles rather than a singular point of view. The small student-to-teacher ratio is priceless as well. It is a huge commitment to educate your child in a bilingual environment, so choosing this path is not for the faint at heart. However, the education our children have received thus far is amazing and will be valuable for the rest of their lives.

Posted June 28, 2013
Jardin de Ninos Austin TX is a great school! The staff and teachers are good about keeping parents in the loop about our child's progress! They also have several activities thought the year in which they celebrate the different cultures in our Country. We look forward to sending all of our children to Jardin de Ninos!

Posted April 04, 2013
My school has been a great experience for my family. We can't believe how quickly our daughter has learned to speak spanish. She is only two years old and she knows her vowels in Spanish! I'm so impressed that they are NAEYC accredited, not many schools have this accreditation. The IB curriculum is amazing! I'm confident that our daughter is learning to be a global citizen and be open minded to other cultures. And OMG! The teachers! I can't say enough. All the teachers at Jardin de Ninos are so loving and nourturing to the children. I'm so glad we picked this school!

8707 Mountain Crest Drive, Austin, TX  78735
Last modified Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Jardin de Niños Interlingua International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top