PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Both of my girls attended Bluebonnet Montessori, beginning at age 3. My oldest went to public school in kindergarten and my youngest stayed through first grade. If I had to do it over, they would have both stayed... Forever honestly! This school is filled with love and respect. Children become self motivated and eager to learn about the world and themselves. The education is top notch, my oldest daughter entering kindergarten was already reading chapter books and doing multiplication. My youngest who stayed through first grade was learning the same math levels that my fourth grader was learning in public school. That being said, the teachers do not push the kids, they want to learn and they develop an amazing work ethic and sense of pride. Bluebonnet lights a spark in their spirit. Ms. Sylvia has such a gift with children, we call her the baby whisperer. Whenever my daughter was tired and had a hard morning Sylvia would come to the car and she would gently guide her into the school and transform her mood. The teachers here are so compassionate and loving and the children learn to respect each others differences. I can't say enough about this school!! We are sad to move on, but I know what my girls learned here will carry them through the rest of their educational career with passion, confidence and a hard working attitude.

Our daughter was at Bluebonnet for 5 years, from preschool to second grade. We chose it initially because we had heard of its close-knit community of parents and liked its homey atmosphere and then stayed because of the superior academic program. All of the teachers and Ms Silvia, the owner, work hard to provide the children with a truly magical learning experience. They nurture the children's intellectual curiosity and instill in them a sense of social responsibility and confidence so that they can go out and explore the world with eagerness. The children experience first-hand what it is like to be part of a community that is caring, cooperative and passionate about life and learning. And we haven't left completely. We've enrolled her in the alumni after-school art program so she can see her old friends every week. It's just one of those places that you never lose touch with.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The Montessori method was specifically designed for this purpose. Children have many different ways to learn a subject, they learn at their own pace and the older ones help the younger ones.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

All the children are taught to get along with one another, to talk out their problems if they don't get along and to support one another.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers at this school are fun and dedicated and you can tell they love their job.

Our daughter was at Bluebonnet for 5 years, from preschool to second grade. We chose it initially because we had heard of its close-knit community of parents and liked its homey atmosphere and then stayed because of the superior academic program. All of the teachers and Ms Silvia, the owner, work hard to provide the children with a truly magical learning experience. They nurture the children's intellectual curiosity and instill in them a sense of social responsibility and confidence so that they can go out and explore the world with eagerness. The children experience first-hand what it is like to be part of a community that is caring, cooperative and passionate about life and learning. Every single morning for 5 years my daughter woke up and happily looked forward to going to Bluebonnet. There's no better review than that.

This school has changed our lives in so many ways. Silvia Smith, the owner and director, is an amazing human being, who has poured her heart and soul into establishing the best school around. She has the best teachers, who have dedicated their lives to creating a warm, loving atmosphere for the children who attend. It's not just a school... it's a community where kindness and a love of learning permeate every aspect of the program.

I cannot say enough great things about Bluebonnet Montessori School of Lakeway. We have had the absolute privilege of having our two children attend this amazing gem of a school. The director, Ms. Silvia, is one of the most amazing humans I have ever met. She exudes kindness, love and compassion. She is passionate about math, about the kids’ learning and about their safety and emotional intelligence. Just attending this school has changed our entire family’s life. My children will forever be better because of this school. The teachers are hands down the best you’ll find for your children. They are loving, kind, smart and understand the needs of each child as an individual. This school is more than place we take our kids; the teachers have become part of our family. They care for my children when I am not there and that is not something I take lightly. I searched the Austin area for a school that would be loving, kind and extremely educational. And Bluebonnet is the only school that fit that list. On a personal note, prior to moving to Austin, I was a criminal defense attorney and handled an immense amount of serious child abuse cases. Therefore I have a heightened sense of safety and security of my children, and it’s often very hard to deal with. And Bluebonnet is one of the only places on Earth I feel like my kids are as safe as when with me. That is an exceptional statement. I am very particular about care of my children and I have never felt anything by comfort at Bluebonnet. I give my highest recommendation to Bluebonnet and its teachers. They have touched our life in extraordinary ways; it literally brings tears to my eyes.

Phenomenal, my daughter is in kindergarten and she reads at a third grade level and she does dynamic multiplication. The teachers are caring and gifted. Parents are encouraged to involve themselves and we are involved.

What a wonderful school. I would highly reccomend it. Both of my boys attend and they are doing amazing stuff. It has a strong international focus and truly teaches children to be independent which builds their self confidence. The Spanish and Music programs begin at an early age. If you can look past the old building, you will be amazed at this school.

Last modified Bluebonnet Montessori School of Lakeway is a Private school that serves grades PK-3