Posted March 20, 2014
Great leadership, great staff, very active PTA. Only issue is the rezoning that is going on in Steiner Ranch. River Ridge was in the center of that and the UT Golf Club flexed their muscles (read: money) and got more deserving neighborhoods (as in closer to the school than them) rezoned.

Posted February 04, 2013
The teacher who posted on January 30 clearly has an issue with the administrators at River Ridge. If this person was not offered a teaching position this post illustrates why. If the author is a current teacher at the school I can only hope that he or she reconsiders the method chosen to address a grievance. I want my child's teacher to treat everyone with kindness and respect, even when there are disagreements. Whatever the issue is, airing it in this manner is inappropriate and unprofessional. This is a wonderful school with a great staff. Everyone I met there is dedicated to making sure the students do their best. My daughter looks forward to every day.

River Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2013
The school itself is fantastic, as most of the teachers are too. However, the principal and vice principal are unprofessional, lack honesty and integrity. Their hiring process is less than professional. They choose to hire their 'favorites' over more experienced candidates and most of the teachers can't stand the VP, who is rude, petty and very unprofessional.

Posted August 04, 2011
My son is entering his third year at River Ridge. The staff is excellent. While a few came from Bush, the majority were out-of-district hires. I love the neighborhood concept design of the school and how it enables teachers to take the learning outside of the classroom. The technology is top-notch, w/ computers in all classrooms and an impressive computer lab. The principal is involved and can often be seen in the hallways and cafeteria interacting with students and parents. The front office staff is extremely helpful and welcoming. I, too, had to laugh at the review re: the principal on crutches. He was injured while playing a game with 4th graders in PE class. He returned to work less than 2 weeks after having major surgery, and while he was limited physically, this did not keep him from doing his job. In addition, while he is young, he has shared w/ parents that he has worked for about 8 years as an administrator, including 5 as an elementary principal. I don't consider that inexperienced. River Ridge is a top-notch school with a staff that takes their jobs seriously and makes their students' education their top priority.

Posted December 29, 2010
When a campus is opening, many teachers look at it as an exciting opportunity to take on something new (thus, teachers really do volunteer to move!). There are only a few elementary schools in Leander ISD with the "neighborhood" concept, and teachers from all over the district wanted to help start a new school with this design. I don't think it's fair to make such a judgement without knowing all of the facts (in response to the "left overs" comment). River Ridge is full of caring, dedicated, intelligent, and experienced teachers and staff who absolutely love what they do!

Posted November 14, 2010
We just moved to the area from South Florida, and my son is currently in first grade. Already in three weeks his reading skills have jumped one level. He loves the school his teacher is outstanding. The staff has been so warm and welcoming to us. I feel like we are sending him to a top notch private school without the high price! You will love this school too.

Posted October 16, 2010
My daughter came to this school from a private school and was surprised when she learned this was not a private school! I agree the "neighborhood" design is wonderful and we frequently see the principal in the hall or around campus interacting with students and parents. We are excited to see what they second year will bring. My daughter is in 3rd grade and loves her teacher and all the wonderful activities they are working on in her class.

Posted August 21, 2010
River Ridge is about to embark on its 2nd year and if it is anything like the 1st it will be wonderful! After reading the review posted on July 20th I must wholheartedly agree the secretary is out of this world! She could not be more helpful and friendly. Where I don't agree is on the review of the teachers and principal. Having been a past teacher I feel I am a good judge and the majority of the teachers I have dealt with love their students and take the profession very serious. I laughed at the comment about the principal on crutches as if being on crutches somehow makes you lazy and inadequate? He was on crutches b/c he got hurt when playing ball with the 5th grade sutdents. That is about as hands on as you can get! He appears very involved with his teachers and parents as well!

River Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted July 20, 2010
The school itself is a fantastic design....however, the overall teaching staff has been very disappointing. They filled the school with Laura Bush "left-overs" that is to say, teachers that were no longer wanted at that school and then RR filled the rest of the teaching spots with inexperienced teachers who are new to the area/state and are not familiar with the curriculum. If that weren't enough - they put in a young, inexperienced principal - who spent his year on crutches and not focused on the tough job of opening/monitoring a brand new school and its teachers. The lead secretary was wonderful.....

Posted April 21, 2010
Amazing! A brand new, beautifully designed school that runs like the staff and faculty have been together for years! A very involved and visible principal....happy and outgoing office staff...PHENOMENAL teachers! My 3rd grader is engaged and challenged daily...the 'neighborhood' design allows a lot of independent work time as well as multiple group projects and interaction between classes! LOVE IT!

River Ridge Elementary School
12900 Tierra Grande Trail, Austin, TX  78732
Last modified River Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.