Posted July 17, 2014
We do have DECA at VHS, as well as multiple academic UIL and foreign language Honor associations. Schools will always have drug/alcohol within the student body, however the culture of this school is amazing. There is inspiring leadership from Mr. Little and we feel like a family. AP classes are taught as they should be, at a collegiate level.

Vandegrift High School 2

Posted May 27, 2014
I graduated from this school in the spring of 2012, part of the first graduating class. This school is of cours well of financially and the football team and sports teams are doing great, there are not many academic opportunities. UIL Teams suck, AP classes are easy, and the overall student body culture is awful. A lot of these over privileged brats have drugs/drinking problems. Not more so than most high schools, but there are a lot of prescription pill problems dude to the richness of the general student body. There needs to be a culture change at this school, I wish they had things like DECA and other great academic programs. They could learn a thing or two from Westwood high school.

Posted October 29, 2012
Award winning staff, motivated students and a very involved community make this one of the top high schools in Central Texas.

Vandegrift High School 3

Posted December 10, 2010
In two years of its existence, Vandegrift has achieved what many institutes take years. This remarkable achievement came with outstanding performance of all students in both academics and extracurricular activities with the involvement of their mentors and parents. Vandegrift 's school band's outstanding performance during competitions at district and state level enable them to get the best possible ratings within their class.

Posted November 27, 2009
(This is an add-on because I ran out of room.) We are a first-year high school and the first one in the district to begin with 9th and 10th grade, so there are friendly class rivalries. Many traditions are being started that are positive and school spirit is high! The drill team and cheerleaders are talented and excellent performers, and the sports teams are all highly ranked. Other programs such as foreign language are starting to take off, and I'm looking forward to ASL starting next year! Overall, this school is wonderful- except for some of the students. They are cliquish and somewhat snobby, but there are a few (like my friends)that are open to new people. There are groups that seem to be intolerant or uncomfortable with some things, but not enough to be a major problem... for now. I do suggest that we stop talking about CPHS.

Posted November 27, 2009
I am a fish at VHS and I am really starting to love it! The smores are somewhat mean to the freshman, but not all. The theatre program is incredible, thanks to Mrs. Darla Ray and the talented kids- our fall show, Harvey, was fantastic! In fact, all programs are wonderful here. I don't particularly like that we are in a middle school building this year, but it's a top-notch facility nonetheless, and the high school promises to be even better. Some of the people are snobby and rude; there are multiple cliques as well. However, the band program is wonderful! I am very proud of my band nerd friends! The teachers each requested to teach at VHS and I love the high quality of education we are recieving. Go-time is also great. Go Vipers! :)

Vandegrift High School
9500 McNeil Drive, Austin, TX  78750
Last modified Vandegrift High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vandegrift High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top