Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have a sophomore here. It is a great school for a public school! Fabulous fine arts though a bit over the top in intensity. Overall, I feel they do a good job and I like that the principal actually wants parent and student feedback so that he can optimize the school and its performance. Mr. Little loves his school and it shows!

Vandegrift is the best Highshool I have ever attended in my life and it would probably be everyone's if they went there

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Anything that needs to be taught, is taught and if we do not understand they allow us to come in before or after school to talk with them

Amount of homework: Disagree

The only thing that gives me want to quit life is all the homework I am given every day

Develops character: Strongly agree

They give the best musical and intellectual education as far as I know than any other school in the world

Develops character: Strongly agree

Fairness, honesty and integrity are very much valued by the staff, teachers and students. Even with policies like no child left behind, it is heartening to see children being encouraged to excel in all activities including academics.

We have reviewed few other high schools in Austin area before choosing this area since we knew how important good high school would be for our kids. We are very happy with Vandegrift - great academics, great extra curricular activities; kids can start their own club or get involved with one of the existing clubs. Very competitive school for school rank, but, very healthy competition.

We moved from CA and are very pleased with this school. Academics are solid as are extra-curricular activities. There is something for everyone. Vandegrift won the Lone Star Cup this year for 5A schools, an impressive feat for such a young school. Every school has a mix of personalities, Vandegrift is no different, but we are very happy to be a part of this wonderful community.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The viper honor code strongly encourages a community environment, while supporting honesty and integrity. Thanks

This is not a area you should move if you are down to earth! Snobby people are the majority here! Very hard for high schoolers to make friends if they are nice kids. Kind of reminds me of the movie "mean girls" lol. No thanks!!!

Last modified Vandegrift High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.