Bad
Good

This school should not be running if the staff is not dedicated to educating its students. My child has been at this school going on 2 years and it seems to be getting worse. It is very disorganized. The school counselor lost important medical documents that would have put my child in the 504 program and she refuses to own up to her mistake. The principal is no help stating "if I don't like it I should take my child out of public school". He states that he can not accommodate her for her STAAR testing because she in not in the program (which she would have been in had the counselor not lost important documents) This school has gone through far too many principals in the last two years then it should. It seems that with every replacement the principal they get is some sort of reject.

This is a BAD SCHOOL,my child didn't make it to the end of the year and this is why. The teachers are very unorganized, they assign homework to the students but don't grade ANY thing. I had no idea what kind of grades my child was making. They are also rude. I had a 2nd grader there who has ADHD & the teachers would ask, in front of other students and staff if my child was on medicine, even suggesting I put my child on drugs to satisfy them. How rude! They made no 504 accommodations, which is required by law of ADHD kids. Event taking recess away, which is not a good way to punish an ADHD kid. My child was constantly complaining about getting beat up at school. The kids that go there were rude to my child, and nothing was done. Teachers seem to have good intentions, but can't seem to control their classrooms, which are tiny and overcrowded. My child wasn't learning there. They also don't have an art class, and the library is pathetic. When I went to withdraw my child, the women who work the office seemed mad that I was doing so. One even rolled her eyes when I told her about my child saying they were always getting beat up. Not a good school at all..

This review is of the Jain Lane campus. Many of the students are academically behind. This year there has been a decided downturn as the principal mentioned in earlier reviews was fired. They have promoted a special ed teacher as interim and the school is truly chaotic. One of the female teachers was fired, another verbally taunts the kids and pulls their arms, etc.One grade has gotten along this year only using substitute teachers. We are outta there.

The principal in this school is mean and pushes kids around. And. O one seems to want to do something about it. If this has happened to your child please do go and speak to the super indent from the school. You really can't seem to trust no one else at that school. Parents don't stay quite speak up! Or else the principal will keep getting away with what he's being doing to our children! If we as parents don't protect our children no one else will!

The principal in this school is a bully. I am withdrawing my child and suggest others do the same. He is rude to parents and kids. You don't scream and children how does that help???

Where do I begin? This school must have done a major overhaul this year. I have been extremely impressed with how much the staff has grown in the last few years. The addition of 2nd and 3rd grade has been great and at least with my student, the 4th grade teachers have been amazing! These teachers really go above and beyond. For instance, anytime my child has issues at school he is able to call the teachers for help and they always respond promptly and have been extremely helpful. Its reasons like this that will make my child successful. This school has really been a blessing! Highly recommended.

This is probably not one of the best schools there are. I mean no disrespect to the teachers,but the school isn't well structured. One of the other problems is the school is very bland. I see those kids in there uniforms and they look like ghost . The school turns there kids into robots,lacks creativity and teaches to think one way and not opens to new ideas. Overall I think that nobody should go to that school.

This school is horrible! The students do what they want and teachers have no control of their classes. The handful of good kids that go there suffer. Teachers are teaching out of their teaching fields and doing so unhappily. The library that just received a mega grant is a joke and no one knows where the funds went. One teacher tried yelling and slamming down desks to gain control of his class, another was just mean and degrading and made her Spanish students cry. Teachers assign work and never pick it up. One teacher never even gave them a test after Xmas. In 2012, the principal and all but one or two teachers left this school and it has yet to recover. Summer school was a joke. And to make things worse, the food was often inedible and the portions were a joke. They had an awards assembly at the end of the year and not one student got a certificate. The carnival was disgusting. The rumors of misappropriation of funds us just sad. What makes it all so heartbreaking is that the Hispanic men who are paying themselves mega salaries to run these two schools are doing nothing for kids of East Austin.Shame on all of these inept professionals that dare to call themselves educators!

RUN AWAY FROM HERE! This is a horribly oppressive environment, and not because of rules. In fact, rules are hardly ever followed. The children here are so vicious to others that teachers hardly ever can help. The entire school is crowded and each class has around 30 kids. No teaching is ever done, and the little teaching that is done is useless information and anything but advanced. The uniforms practically disintegrate and are the colors of a prison rainbow. No structure, no challenges, and no trust. A student was placed in In School Suspension for answering too many questions correctly because "it was a form of bullying, showing off intelligence that others lack". Fights aren't uncommon and children are kissing all over one another. Lunch has many food fights and children go home crying many a day. This is NOT A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ANYONE. Doctor Gonzalez is a great man, but this school is far beyond his reach. DON'T ATTEND and DON'T bring your child, unless you want to make them so miserable that they need therapy.

There is a place to play BUT no recess for the 4th graders and no art and no Nurse either. Administration states rules, then changes them, as do some of the teachers. Teaching is average, as they are paid a minimal salary. If your child craves structure? This is the place for you. It's akin to that of a military school. Extremely Oppressive. I'm rating it three due to the fact my child does like the school, however I am not too impressed by children being taught to be "robots" and not to think for themselves, or be inspired creatively, Or be allowed to play!

Last modified The East Austin College Prep Acade is a Charter school that serves grades 2-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.