Austin, TX
After care: No

Posted August 09, 2013
My son is beginning his third year at Clearview Sudbury School this fall. As always he is excited to go to school. As a parent, this is a source of joy for me. The staff at Clearview help to create a safe and caring environment for the students. The democratically run Judicial Commitee empowers the kids and teaches them responsibilty to their community and themselves. My son is becoming a confident, self-guided young man thanks to the model of the Clearview community. This is a great school for kids to discover their strengths and a nurturing environment to grow in.

Posted August 08, 2013
We took a leap of faith by pulling my son out of "regular" schools (at age 16) and moving to Austin so that he could attend Clearview Sudbury School. It has changed our lives for the better, and now I cringe at the thought of putting a child through the hostile environment of traditional schooling. I'm not saying that self-directed learning is for everyone, but if you are considering alternative education for yourself or your child, spend some time watching videos and reading books and blogs about democratic schools like Sudbury. Then spend a visiting week at Clearview -- it could be a life-changing experience for you and your family, too!

Posted August 07, 2013
My son struggled within the public school environment for 3 years as a young person and male. We had been accepted to the Sudbury school up in the Pacific Northwest but suddenly needed to relocate to Austin. Sudbury was not up yet when we arrived; my son struggled and was stifled, unfulfilled, restless in the unfortunate way. When Clearview Sudbury opened its doors, he was tossed in there with glee and waving hands. As a parent who works in the field of education and special education, schools that are democratic, self-governed, and bent on caring for the community and its members through authentic caring relationships, go far. My son has grown immeasurably (statisticians may loathe me now), and is a remarkable little leader and fantastic person who is happy to "go to school" every day. Another bonus that strays from the current "response to intervention" paradigm- he has become quite the reader by his own work, perseverance, and curiosity. The previous school was trampling his innate process; he just needed time to breathe and figure it out for himself and he did! Clearview Sudbury is a fantastic site for personal and intellectual growth.

Clearview Sudbury School
1507 Wilshire Blvd., Austin, TX  78722
Last modified Clearview Sudbury School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Clearview Sudbury School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top