Posted September 15, 2014
I have one kid in this school is great the teachers and all stuff thanks to Ms. Velasquez to give me the oportunity to be part of this them I'm happy voluntary to this great school.

Popham Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2014
This school has gone downhill since they changed principals. We miss the warmth from the other principal that was there. She was more involved with the kids and staff.

Popham Elementary School 1

Posted December 31, 2008

Popham Elementary School 0

Posted July 30, 2008
I have three older kids that have gone to Popham and I have a fourth one going to 1st grade, the staff and teachers are the most excellent I have had, they are more than willing to help students and parents. A family within a family here at Popham.

Popham Elementary School 0

Posted May 29, 2008
This school is a disaster! The principal is a great business woman with little to no respect for children and staff members. She creates a working environment that is close to impossible to thrive in! She makes sure that each teacher has fear and is completely uncomfortable working within the school. The students are not getting the attention and care that any other loving school can provide. After leaving Popham and working at a different school, I can assure every parent that Popham is a dreadful school that I could not reccommend to anyone!

Posted March 20, 2008
I was a teacher at Popham Elementary for several years. From my internal perspective, this is a fabulous school. The principal, Dr. Bannerot, is proactive and demonstrates great leadership. The teachers are extremely committed to their students. I always worked long hours and spent a lot of my own money on my students. There are challenges that the school faces due to the No Child Left Behind law, but most of that is due to limited resources in the community, not the caring, dedicated teachers, or supportive parents. This is a first class school.

Posted January 22, 2006
This was my child's second year at Popham Elementary. I choose to keep my child going to this school because of the involvement that the teachers have with the parents. They keep us updated on there weekly work and if requested they will do it daily. My child had moved up to advance classes because of the great teachers that are there working with the kids. I would recommend this school to any one.

Posted January 12, 2006
This is a awesome campus. The teachers and the staff do an excellent job with the kids and the parents. Dr. Bannerott is a awesome leader that won the HEB education excellence award this past summer. Great thing do happen at Popham.

Posted September 28, 2005

Popham Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2005
This is my childrens first year, and immediately we started encountering problems. The principle is rude and non caring, and as was my son's teacher. I am never informed if my child is missing any assignments. There has only been one parent/teacher conference given the whole year. This school only has one field trip a year per grade level, however my son's second grade class has yet to go on one. They never send out reminder notices. The tardy policy is too strict...every tardy equals detention...no matter what. They enforce this tardy policy on the students, but I've been to the award assembly's and after-school programs, and they are always running late. I do not like this school at all, and would not recommend it to anyone.

Popham Elementary School
7014 Elroy Road, Austin, TX  78617
Last modified Popham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Popham Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top