Public charter
Austin, TX

The Real Learning Academy 4

Posted October 15, 2013
Overall I see a lot of mixed comments in the reviews here but a lot of truth and honesty. The good news is that whether critical or not, parents are obviously passionate enough about the school to take the time to share their feedback here. True apathy wouldn't drive that. This school has great potential, but it is not there yet. It can be, and hopefully will be, but it will take time. The question for most of us parents is how long are we willing to wait for a complete school and do we feel like our kids are getting too compromised during that wait? The teachers are probably the school's greatest asset and they should be commended and praised as the ones I have met are truly fantastic. The fact that they are now in their 2nd year and still don't have a library or a playground is troubling, but some better communication from the school about why that was delayed and what the new time frame is would go a long way in easing parent's concerns. Parental involvement could definitely be better, but I have seen some improvement here though.

Posted October 12, 2013
The REAL Learning Academy is a school that has a staff that cares deeply about the students they serve! My son has learned more in the past year than he would have at a traditional public school. The teachers have extremely high expectations for parents and students regarding academics and behavior. They hold us all accountable so that we are all working together to create the best school for our children.

Posted October 10, 2013
The REAL Learning Academy is a fantastic school with suburb teachers and staff who care deeply about the children and their educations. It is a great community to be a part of. The teachers do a great job of teaching the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum and it has made a huge impact on my children's lives already. The REAL Learning Academy is a great place for children to learn to be great thinkers and grow into great leaders of tomorrow. Very blessed to be a part of this amazing school.

Posted October 10, 2013
My kids have been at REAL Learning academy since it opened last year and I am so happy with the school. The teachers are the most passionate I have encountered and my boys have really responded well to the IB curriculum. The principal and administrators are very hands-on and responsive, and this is by far the best school we have been a part of. One of the things I love most is the opportunity to be a part of a school from the beginning, to help shape and participate in the creation of the school culture and community. There are many involved parents (not sure why the other reviewer said there was not) and the school very much appreciates and encourages parental involvement. The door is always open to any parent who wants to get involed and I really love that. I look forward to many more years in the Wayside School District and I am planning on sending my youngest child here when the times comes.

Posted September 08, 2013
This is our 2nd yr in this school and both parents and the kids are loving it. They have created a wonderful & safe environment for kids to learn, play and enjoy school. The teachers communicate daily and more often if the need arises with parents and we as parents feel comfortable communicating concerns with the staff.

Posted May 24, 2013
Really wonderful first year at this school. My son loves it there, the teachers are superb, the staff is very professional and communicative. The curriculum and academics are nop-notch. So happy to have this school!

The Real Learning Academy
6405 South Interstate 35 Frontage Road, Austin, TX  78752
Last modified The Real Learning Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Real Learning Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top