Public charter
Austin, TX

Posted August 11, 2015
We wanted to find a better school for our first grade we thought we did. However this place is an unorganized mess. Orientation was a train wreck. They seemed to be under the impression that everyone should just know where to go and what to do. There were no signs on where to go, tables were scattered in the cafeteria and easily lost among the congestion of people. I still for the life of me can't understand how the teacher isn't there for orientation. It said meet returning teachers in the email but I guess that does not include all teachers. They also don't allow you in the school on the first day so yeah let me drop off my 6 year old with someone I've never met before. I mistakingly left the school supplies there but shortly after leaving knew it wasn't the school for us. So we called at 8am to pick them up by 4 pm. By no surprise I showed up at 4 and nothing is ready. I finally left with half of what we dropped off but after interacting with the staff and witnessing their unprofessional attitude even bad mouthing another parent, and excuses for their inadequacy i felt it best to leave before I said something that warrants a call to the police. But hey let's be honest don't wine about how busy you've been... This is what you do. Figure out a system and be better. These people felt shady, disorganized and unprofessional. By no means did I feel comfortable leaving my daughter with them. A parent should feel confident in a schools staff and organization I did not for either option.

Posted May 14, 2015
My child has been at HSS Stonehollow for 1 yr and I'm disappointed. The school is based on too many policies and doesn't allow the students to be kids. Expectations are unrealistic and staff/administrators don't practice what they preach. I'm involved and need to know what's going on with my child. My kid's home room teacher is arrogant and can be defensive when I have questions/concerns. My child has too much homework not allowing for outside extra curriculum activities;It's stressful on parents and kids. I do however love the Spec Ed Prog coordinators. My child would be pulled out of this school fast if it hadn't been for the Spec Ed dept. The school is unorganized , the front office staffs is unprofessional. When I schedule alternative pickups for my child, I always have complaints that the front office was not helpful and came off as rude making it a difficult task for my parents to pick up my child when needed. The campus isn't clean and there are drapes on the girls & boys bathroom entrances instead of doors. The afterschool prog Zennith is horrible and doesn't provide quality educational care. The school doesn't meet my expectations of excellence. It needs work!

Posted November 01, 2013
Elementary school teachers need more training on handling children, recognizing true potential of highly talent kids, and not playing favoritism.

Posted August 21, 2013
This school is very unorganized, and un professional. Alot of favoritism is show toward the white and turkish. The principal at this school really needs to go back to teaching, instead of being an administrator. You can never get in contact with her, doesn't return phone calls or emails. Look elsewhere for a school, better ones out there

Harmony School of Science - Austin 5

Posted June 25, 2013
This is a great school!! My son completed his first year at Harmony and loved it! He enjoyed his classes because they made learning fun, and he was able to make friends quickly. He will be going into sixth grade next year and is looking forward to it. I am so relieved that we found such a great school. I especially like the fact that it is small school and safety is taken seriously. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my other two kids will get in.

Harmony School of Science - Austin
11800 Stonehollow Dr. Suite 100, Austin, TX  78758
Last modified Harmony School of Science - Austin is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony School of Science - Austin Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top