Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

I love the discipline, commitment and pursuit of academic excellence we see on the teachers, staff and PTO members. My daughter attends Harmony for her kinder year right now and she is happy with the classroom environment and I can clearly see her improvement in core subjects. I would recommend Harmony to any parent!

We have had a wonderful experience with this campus these last two years, we look forward to next year!

Academic and friendly environment Dedicated teachers, helpful staff, professional admins. My kids are happy and learning well

Amount of homework: Agree

I am not a huge advocate of homework considering the limited amount of time I have with my son in the evening and the massive about of time he is in school. I would call it just enough but would love for less.

One of the great school in Austin. My kids going there and we are so happy. Great teachers and great student...

Academically, this school deserves 5 stars. The teachers and programs in place are designed to ensure your child succeeds. Teachers make themselves available to provide additional tutoring when needed. The area for improvement is organization. I see where the effort is being made, but many times, important details are shared when it's too late.

My both kids are going to this school. This is the 2nd academic year for both of my kids. Teachers are very friendly and understand the needs of students and try to help them to fill the gap by providing extra tutoring. Administrative staff is also really helpful.

This is a great school. My son goes to 1st grade at this school. We love this school and his teachers. So far the experience has been very positive at HSS-Austin. Thank you raising responsible citizens.

Develops character: Neutral

Honesty is encouraged but through a strict punitive point system. I agree with the idea of having high standards but not a fan of logging bad points for silly infractions like gum chewing.

This is our first year at a Harmony school, and about a month into the school year, as well as new to the Austin area. About 3 weeks before school started I made contact and explained our last minute relocation situation and pleasantly surprised to find the Registra person helpful and they fit him in. I am impressed with the Special Ed, math and science teachers. Academically, we are pleased. There are a great many clubs to choose from as well. However, administratively the school is plagued with disorganization. The supply list is a source of annoyance: two listed were posted to the site this year, one being incorrect which I downloaded. This list had items not on the correct one resulting in spending way more money then needed, then the teacher gave me attitude about not being prepared. For 3 weeks we kept getting new class syllabuses with additional supplies not on either list. I have spent well over $100 over 5 trips to the store and am DONE with supplies. Orientation day we could buy 2 shirts and was told to come back first day of school to buy more. Go back on 1st day and told by rude office clerk I have to wait until the next week. They don't know where their forms are half the time. Parking and drop off is a big safety concern. Parking lot woefully insuffient , partly because the elementary school also served as the drop off for middle school kids to take bus. Kids are crisscrossing parking lot to get to bus across the main thoroughfare entry for drop off, and I have honked my horn at inattentive drivers to stop before they hit a kid. This set up is dangerous. I am trying to give it time and a chance, and we really do like the academic side.

Last modified Harmony School of Science - Austin is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.