Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted October 21, 2015
My both kids are going to this school. This is the 2nd academic year for both of my kids. Teachers are very friendly and understand the needs of students and try to help them to fill the gap by providing extra tutoring. Administrative staff is also really helpful.

Posted September 15, 2015
This is a great school. My son goes to 1st grade at this school. We love this school and his teachers. So far the experience has been very positive at HSS-Austin. Thank you raising responsible citizens.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 10, 2015
Honesty is encouraged but through a strict punitive point system. I agree with the idea of having high standards but not a fan of logging bad points for silly infractions like gum chewing.

Harmony School of Science - Austin 3

Posted September 10, 2015
This is our first year at a Harmony school, and about a month into the school year, as well as new to the Austin area. About 3 weeks before school started I made contact and explained our last minute relocation situation and pleasantly surprised to find the Registra person helpful and they fit him in. I am impressed with the Special Ed, math and science teachers. Academically, we are pleased. There are a great many clubs to choose from as well. However, administratively the school is plagued with disorganization. The supply list is a source of annoyance: two listed were posted to the site this year, one being incorrect which I downloaded. This list had items not on the correct one resulting in spending way more money then needed, then the teacher gave me attitude about not being prepared. For 3 weeks we kept getting new class syllabuses with additional supplies not on either list. I have spent well over $100 over 5 trips to the store and am DONE with supplies. Orientation day we could buy 2 shirts and was told to come back first day of school to buy more. Go back on 1st day and told by rude office clerk I have to wait until the next week. They don't know where their forms are half the time. Parking and drop off is a big safety concern. Parking lot woefully insuffient , partly because the elementary school also served as the drop off for middle school kids to take bus. Kids are crisscrossing parking lot to get to bus across the main thoroughfare entry for drop off, and I have honked my horn at inattentive drivers to stop before they hit a kid. This set up is dangerous. I am trying to give it time and a chance, and we really do like the academic side.

Posted September 08, 2015
Academic and friendly environment Dedicated teachers, helpful staff, professional admins. My kids are happy and learning well

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 08, 2015
This is our second year at Harmony SS and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers are great and very good at keeping the children challenged educationally. They do regular evaluations to determine the child's educational needs and strengths in order to accomplish this. The school offers after school clubs to help develop creativity and expand student interests. I read a post here that said the office staff was not courteous, but I have found them to be more than helpful every time I have interacted with them. I just can't say enough good things about this school and its staff. They work hard to keep parents engaged in their child's education and informed about the educational options available to their students. We have no plans to send our child to any other school; we have found our perfect fit!

Posted September 08, 2015
Even though the front office is very rude; now they have privacy screens on the windows, I guess not to be caught when they are not doing anything; there are a lot of dedicated people. Teachers come and go, but still my kids love the school. Could it be better? Way more. I hope some school officials read these reviews and fix the mentioned problems asap.

Harmony School of Science - Austin 1

Posted August 11, 2015
We wanted to find a better school for our first grade we thought we did. However this place is an unorganized mess. Orientation was a train wreck. They seemed to be under the impression that everyone should just know where to go and what to do. There were no signs on where to go, tables were scattered in the cafeteria and easily lost among the congestion of people. I still for the life of me can't understand how the teacher isn't there for orientation. It said meet returning teachers in the email but I guess that does not include all teachers. They also don't allow you in the school on the first day so yeah let me drop off my 6 year old with someone I've never met before. I mistakingly left the school supplies there but shortly after leaving knew it wasn't the school for us. So we called at 8am to pick them up by 4 pm. By no surprise I showed up at 4 and nothing is ready. I finally left with half of what we dropped off but after interacting with the staff and witnessing their unprofessional attitude even bad mouthing another parent, and excuses for their inadequacy i felt it best to leave before I said something that warrants a call to the police. But hey let's be honest don't wine about how busy you've been... This is what you do. Figure out a system and be better. These people felt shady, disorganized and unprofessional. By no means did I feel comfortable leaving my daughter with them. A parent should feel confident in a schools staff and organization I did not for either option.

Harmony School of Science - Austin 1

Posted May 14, 2015
My child has been at HSS Stonehollow for 1 yr and I'm disappointed. The school is based on too many policies and doesn't allow the students to be kids. Expectations are unrealistic and staff/administrators don't practice what they preach. I'm involved and need to know what's going on with my child. My kid's home room teacher is arrogant and can be defensive when I have questions/concerns. My child has too much homework not allowing for outside extra curriculum activities;It's stressful on parents and kids. I do however love the Spec Ed Prog coordinators. My child would be pulled out of this school fast if it hadn't been for the Spec Ed dept. The school is unorganized , the front office staffs is unprofessional. When I schedule alternative pickups for my child, I always have complaints that the front office was not helpful and came off as rude making it a difficult task for my parents to pick up my child when needed. The campus isn't clean and there are drapes on the girls & boys bathroom entrances instead of doors. The afterschool prog Zennith is horrible and doesn't provide quality educational care. The school doesn't meet my expectations of excellence. It needs work!

11800 Stonehollow Dr. Suite 100, Austin, TX  78758
Last modified Harmony School of Science - Austin is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony School of Science - Austin Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top