Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Disagree

highly unorganized and chaotic!!! There have ben several people leave for higher positions during the school year. Couldn't they wait for the year to end?

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The CARPOOL lane is ridiculous, drop off and pick up. Parents dont follow the rules and think they are exempt from everything. Apparently no parking signs mean, if your a princess than you can park here. These parents want to give their kids more but are teaching their children to be *&^%&!!! There is NO order to anything here. I brought my son here to learn more and the only thing this school has taught him is that people behave in atrocious ways and think they are above it all. If you can avoid this place, do so! There are so many other places to find a wonderful education without chaos and that can love and nurture your children. This place is DEFINITELY NOT IT!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

love our 3rd grate math and english teachers!!! 2016-2017 school year!

This is about the Zenith program (after school) and the fact that my son was kicked out for what felt like a three strike felon. My son is a great kid. He is in the Gifted and Talented program and has had no issues in his classroom with anyone. He is smart, kind and compassionate to others. The Zenith staff was not kind or compassionate to him. One day when he dropped his snack when opening it, he said “I want another”. The teacher there said no. This caused an upset for him and he was frustrated. It he walked away from the situation and they followed him. Then he ran, they continued to chase him. It became a game a cat and mouse at this point and IF they would have just offered the snack, there would have not been an incident. When I spoke to them on the phone, I told them to give him a snack. He was in tears and hysterical. It came down to the fact that he did not “ask” for the snack, he made a statement. If he would have been prompted, as any 8 year old should, then he would have asked politely. He was written up for this incident. In two other matters, he got in trouble for hitting after being struck first. We do not condone hitting in our home but 8 year old boys are impulsive. Does the Zenith staff not know this? It seems to me they have no real authority or know how to manage kids otherwise there would have not been an issue at all. When I walked in the final day to pick him up, I was told that I needed to talk to the boss . I had walked by the "boss" on the way in, who had said nothing to me. She told me I would receive an email from the director, which I received at 12:06 am telling me I could not bring my son to after school care any longer. This is the most unprofessional behavior that I have witnessed. There were three other employees there that could have told me when I picked up my son 5:45 that he was not allowed to return, instead I read the email at 7 AM when I wake up. What am i to do? I believe it is disgusting and for a child to be kicked out after a third offense is ridiculous. They have no control over the situation unless they have completely passive children. Maybe they don’t actually want to work; maybe sitting quietly and still is their idea of childcare. I would not put my child in Zenith EVER again. Its a private daycare and even the principal said he could do nothing. Could he at least not look into it? PATHETIC!!!

Awesome School! We recently moved our son from a private school and were surprised that the curriculum here is on par with the best of the private school and might be only better. Highly recommended

I find curriculum, policies are good in this school. I find it useful for my kid's education and personal growth.

Our Kindergarten teacher is great. The curriculum and after school activities are wonderful. My daughter goes to four different clubs a week. They have aftercare services that really benefits us as me and my wife both work. The administration and front office are very responsive to our requests and questions. Great school.

My son has been at HSS-Austin for the last 4 years and I am very happy with the education he is receiving. This school has dedicated teachers and a great system to enforce discipline. The school sends weekly Monday mails to inform parents about things happening at school. PTO is doing a great job arranging fun events for the parents to come together and socialize.

I love the discipline, commitment and pursuit of academic excellence we see on the teachers, staff and PTO members. My daughter attends Harmony for her kinder year right now and she is happy with the classroom environment and I can clearly see her improvement in core subjects. I would recommend Harmony to any parent!

We have had a wonderful experience with this campus these last two years, we look forward to next year!

Last modified Harmony School of Science - Austin is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.