Posted February 18, 2014
After years of hype about Eanes, we were sorely disappointed. I gave it 3 stars because I truly felt it was very average. While the community there is sweet and very involved parents, the things they were doing and raising money for were not for us. Lots of great sugar loaded class parties, many which were bring your game boy to school and play video games, iPads for every student, fancy carnivals. But I would prefer more physical exercise (PE 1-2x per week only!) foreign language and better cafeteria food (disgusting). The specials are a joke, art is no different than what you may provide at home or pick up at micheals, the PE would get the kids playing something and then sit on her computer and surf the internet, and until 4th grade when you play the recorder my child watched a video for music class. I could go on, they can definitely produce the test scores, but that is more a reflection of the student population (less than 1% low income) than of anything particularly stellar about the teaching.

Posted July 09, 2013
Had a daughter in Kindergarten here who had a great experience. Wonderful teacher who really cared about her, administration seemed solid. Parents and kids seemed pretty involved here. Highly recommend.

Posted April 30, 2013
I'm shocked to read that any parent would not be impressed by the current Principal. Her vision and passion are inspiring - and recognized by her peers and every parent I know. I've watched significant improvements to our already excellent school in the areas of creative teaching, use of technology, and even character. I couldn't disagree more strongly about holding teachers, parents and children accountable. She did take a strong and public stance about gossip, which I think speaks to her leadership and is in no way a negative. I have always found her available and willing to meet with parents and have the tough conversations. In a heavily regulated public education world, there is only so much a Principal can do to change teachers or curriculum, and I think the Eanes Elementary Principal does an incredible job within those constraints.

Posted April 22, 2013
We've had mixed results at Eanes. Some years we've had amazing teachers and a challenging curriculum. Other years it's been a mess. We've had at least one really bad teacher in an older grade, and this year's curriculum has been a hodge podge of stuff from various textbooks. Very confusing. I haven't been impressed by the principal. She welcomes parent volunteer work (and donations) but strongly discourages difficult questions and doesn't appear to hold her teachers accountable (she discounts most parent complaints as "gossip"). It's still better than most public schools, but it's reputation is better than the actual results. Realistically, if you took 90% of principals and gave them a school filled with kids of high achieving, highly successful, engaged parents, you'd get good results, too.

Posted April 18, 2013
I have two boys at Eanes, one in fourth grade, the other in second. Both have had an engaging, challenging experience at school. The early years were full of love and a sense of family, the later years have been about preparing the students for middle school. The expectations are high. Two years ago Eanes hired a principal who is amazing. She is an advocate both for the children and for the teachers and this works because the campus is a happy environment where teachers feel heard and are challenged, while the best interest of the students is always in the forefront of the principal's priorities. She is wise and down-to-earth and able to enact change a true professional. Eanes is also a place where parent involvement is high and parents want to see their children succeed. The diversity at Eanes can be seen by the number of children who have learning disabilities, rather than cultural differences. This diversity still teaches children about tolerance and grace and love.

Posted March 20, 2013
The administration and teachers are very nice and capable. The problem is they dumb everything down so it appears that all the kids in the district and the school are superior. There is no option for kids who want to be challenged. Deadlines are given, then teachers cave and then they are extended. The parents have a lot of power. It's a shame and a disservice to these kids. The biggest problem is most of the parents are involved socially, but academically. Most don't seem to care if their child is actually learning and being shown what they are truly capable of doing. They just care about their kids getting an A, but when mst are getting A's it means nothing.

Posted January 03, 2007
This is my daughters second year at Eanes. We love it. The teachers are wonderful and caring. Her learning needs are being fulfilled and she is excited about all areas of learning (reading, math, science, art, PE, music). In addition to the academics, her social and moral education is also encouraged. She has made good friends. It makes me feel good that she is supported and safe while away at school. The parental involvement is incredible and there's something for everyone.

Posted July 19, 2006
My son was in Kindergarten this year. Very good teachers! Great parents involvment. You'll feel like a family. I wish the programm itself was more challenging for advanced kids. There is a very little diversity and in the center of West lake some may feel in the surroundings of snobish people. But the school is great!

Posted June 29, 2006

Posted May 29, 2006
Eanes is a great school. My daughter just finished her 2nd grade year here. We were very happy with her teacher, Mrs. Lyons. Another great thing about the school is the level of parental involvement and volunteering. This is something that we had at her school in CA and I think it is one othe most important things that can make a school great, not just good.. The PTO does a great job fundraising for the school so there is a lot of money for extracurriculars and 'perks' like a full-time librarian and nurse. The academic programs are nonpareil. We are very happy at Eanes and our younger daughter will be attending Kindergarten this fall. The only small drawback I would mention is that the student body and faculty is not very diverse.

Eanes Elementary School
4101 Bee Caves Road, Austin, TX  78746
Last modified Eanes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eanes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top