Posted September 30, 2010
I just love the school. Been there for 3 years now, the teachers are excellent they care for the children, the school is beautiful, parent involvement is high with a lot of success helping the school grow. Great resources for kids to study learn and have fun. However, kids have to study, they also care for test results (the way the rated exemplary every year is having high scores).

Posted July 24, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008
We moved here from another State and in my opinion, this school is awesome. Great leadership, awesome teachers and very good programs. The computer lab/teaching is far superior than our previous school. High parent involvement. I don't have a special needs child but my friend does and she hand selected this school.

Posted July 29, 2008

Forest Trail Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2008
I had to remove my child from this school because it is not a safe environment. Routine bullying and extreme lack of supervision on the playground. Forget asking the principal to do his job; he looks quite tired and is below mediocre. School teaches to the TAKS. Not a good place for gifted and/or special needs children.

Forest Trail Elementary School 0

Posted March 10, 2008
The children have high test scores because the population of children in that area are very bright children. The teachers provide plenty of creative learning activities for the children, especially the music teachers.

Forest Trail Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2007
The teachers are very good and I believe they have the best intentions, however, they teach to the test, which may account for some of the high test scores. I was happy for my child to attend this school and district, but I also found that it suffers from the same issues as probably all schools and districts, including children with severe discipline problems who, as a result, require more time and distract teacher efforts with other children. There is also a lot of parent involvement, but many times it appears to be a competition of parents to see who can 'one up' the other in terms of who has what and who can give what. Diversity is also lacking.

Posted March 28, 2007
Our son has been in Forest Trail for two years. We strongly recommend this school. Teachers are responsive, parents are involved and the school sponsors numerous events that the children enjoy. Also, our child required ESL assistance and this program is EXCELLENT. The teacher is dedicated to the childrens' success in English. She, smartly, uses science, computers, Lego robots and other devices to teach the language skills. We are very happy with this school and recommend it for anyone moving into the area.

Forest Trail Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2006

Posted February 01, 2006

Forest Trail Elementary School
1203 Route 360 Loop, Austin, TX  78746
Last modified Forest Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Trail Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top