Bad
Good

West Ridge has been great! Both of my boys have gone to school there. Most of the teachers are excellent. The administration has been helpful and willing to work with us to accommodate our needs. The orchestra, choir and football programs have inspired my kids and kept them very busy. It is competitive academically and the courses are challenging. Overall, I'm happy we decided to move into the Eanes school district!

Awesome school! We are a new family to Austin, Texas and have found the West Ridge staff to be incredibly attentive, hard working, and nurturing for our daughter. They have held her accountable for her work yet all really care about her and have made her feel welcome at West Ridge. The principal, Mr. Waggoner is the best we have ever encountered or worked with. He met with us last June, gave us a tour of the building, clearly articulated in detail the core academic curriculum to help us make the best placement choice for our daughter, and followed up with us over the summer to help her transition to middle school. He is a true treasure! We were NOT impressed at all with the Superintendent Dr. Wellman. She was dismissive, arrogant, and seemed self-serving. If you can get by her and meet with Mr. Waggoner and his staff you will be in great shape! GREAT SCHOOL!

Get rid of the remaining VP who targets kids and the school would be great.

Terrible. Mediocre teaching, although supposed to be top notch, and horrible administration and worst of all vice-principals.

The principal is less than dedicated and seems to favor selected parents. He does not have student's best interest in mind. I have found it difficult to communicate with him.

Great school with great teachers. The principal is frequently caught between parents who think their child is perfect and won't listen to constructive feedback. The district administration always sides with wealthy, connected parents.

The two assistant principals are fine/excellent. Some of the teachers are really good. The school was much better a couple years ago, but perhaps these things are cyclical. The math dept is very weak except for sixth grade. Electives are fine, esp. drama. The 8th grade science dept is outstanding. One team on the sixth grade level is really superlative.

My daughter, now in 8th grade, has attended Westridge since coming in for the 6th. She is flourishing in her academics due to the superior level of her instructors. Her involvement with the outstanding Varsity Choir program has instilled a life-long love of music. When I was concerned about her status in a particular AP course over the summer Karl Waggoner was accessible and solved the problem even while he was on vacation because he truly cares about the education of each student. There are many reasons why Westridge is one of the top Middle Schools in Texas! I highly recommend it.

Overall the school has good teachers and excellent parent involvement. However the administration is not strong or supportive in handling concerns from all parents or students. The administration is not held accountable for its actions or performance. I would not recommend this school to any student/family due to the weak school administration.

I've been at West Ridge for two years now, and I can't even express how much I've learned. GO WILDCATS!

Last modified West Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.