Posted May 24, 2013
Barton Creek Elementary is fantastic! I have a child finishing first grade and second grade this year. They have wonderful activities during the year that allow each child to be pushed to succeed and think about of the box and independently. I have been impressed with Blue Jay Singers and the music teacher goes above and beyond offering the chlidrens multiple venues to perform and be in front. Both my children are now loving being on stage and performing which is something I never believed could happen (especially when my son had speech concerns and was quite and shy...now no longer). My children are challenged everyday in their activities in all areas; PE, Arts, Music. I enjoy the principle, staff and families that actively take part in the lives of their children and yours. It takes a village and I have found the village.

Posted April 11, 2013
This is our first year at Barton Creek Elementary and we have been very fortunate to be involved with the faculty and school community. The teachers are wonderful and send homework home with the Kindergarten class each week. Our child is reading chapter books and explaining graphs using addition and subtraction. All of his classmates seem to be extremely inquisitive and above average for K5 kids. We have been very impressed with our child's progress so far and love the parent involvement at BCE. The entire community (Senna Hills; Barton Creek West; Rob Roy on the Lake: and others) is involved with the BCE carnival, family movie nights and many other events, which keep our school community very interconnected.

Barton Creek Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2010
Overall, the school and teachers are excellent. This is our fourth year at the school. Their open door policy has been questionable this year due to a territorial and confrontational teacher and a math program that it questionable. Fourth grade has been a challenge this year. Not academically, but due to a lack of communication between teacher and student/home. It will be interesting to see the TAKS results for this grade level. The children have suffered a blow to their confidence owing to a lack of teaching continuity.

Posted March 08, 2010
We have two children at BCE. Our kindergarten son initially had 'wild boy' syndrome, and I was amazed at the level of patience and dedication his teacher showed him. She behaved as if she actually cared about him as an individual, not just as a student. The attention he received in K and 1st grade have gone a long way to helping him mature as a student and 'young man.'

Posted October 20, 2009
Teachers and staff know all the kids and are very friendly and welcoming. In addition, they continually get outstanding scores on all metrics.

Posted September 21, 2009
This is our second year here at BCE. We are so happy to be a part of such a wonderful community. The teachers are acceptional and the principal is one of the best. Our kids love going to school each day. The parent involvement is acceptional and it shows with how well the children do on their taks tests. As far as I am concerned BCE is the best Elementary School in Texas.

Posted September 17, 2009
I think this school is the very best any child could attend. I think this is largely due to the out-standing acheivement of its leader Mr John Andrews - Princial. With his ability to communicate on all levels, and setting high goals for both teachers & students, but implementing support networks in order to reach these goals, has brought out the best in everyone, and therefore created in my opinion one of the finest, and well structed educational facilities in Texas. Well done Mr. Andrews!!! & Regards!!

Posted September 05, 2009

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009

Barton Creek Elementary School
1370 Patterson Road, Austin, TX  78733
Last modified Barton Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barton Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top