Austin, TX

Posted January 20, 2015
We moved from Northern California to Austin and settled in Lakeway due to the top rated schools in the area! This was our first priority! We did a ton of research (a deep dive online, interviewed parents that lived in the Austin area, parents that moved from Northern CA to Austin, TX, and we interviewed some of the faculty from the 5 elementary schools). When it was all said and done, Lakeway Elementary rose to the top on all occasions (grades, reputation/history, environment, enrichment opportunities, art/music programs, parent involvement, safety, nurse on staff, and more). And, what sealed the deal was when we met the principal of LWE. He personally took us on a tour and based our visit, it was clear to us how much passion and love the Principal had for his school and students. Our daughter loves her school and teachers! Everyone is so nice and helpful and truly cares about the children's education and well-being. No mean kids, no bullying, no bad teachers. We are so glad we took the time to find such a great school and school district! You can't go wrong with Lakeway Elementary and the LTISD.
6 people found this helpful

Posted May 13, 2013
My daughter has already attended 4 elementary schools in 3 different states (and she is only in 4th grade). She was at Lakeway Elementary for 2nd grade. I can honestly say that this is the school that I use as a benchmark for ranking all other schools. The teachers and staff were great, the level of parent involvement was amazing, and the children were well-manner and well-behaved, in addition to being very welcoming my daughter. If I had my choice, we would move back to TX & have her go back to Lakeway Elementary!!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 23, 2009
Many students go out of their way to help others!

Posted October 08, 2009
The best teachers, principal and community!

Posted October 03, 2009
everything is awesome...great programs for the students, good teacher parent interaction, happy students, lots of community involvement- it is truly a great place to be

Posted May 14, 2007
This state really knows what its doing with education. Thank you for keeping all the things that make school fun and educational! My children were greeted with open arms and my 3rd grader loves reading now. We have only been here 3 weeks I can't wait to see how they do next year.

Lakeway Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2007
Very pleased with this school. Great parent involvement.

Posted March 14, 2005
This is a great school with lots of parent involvement. The academic programs are strong although they no longer offer Spanish. There are many wonderful teachers that have been in the district for many years. Overall, an excellent school.

Lakeway Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2005
The parents are incredibly involved, but I have not been impressed with the curriculum, nor choices for reading, rainy day recess, lunch menus, or their ability to challenge gifted children. We homeschooled for K&1st, and had our child reading at a 6th grade level the april before she began 2nd grade. We have not decided where our child will be schooled this fall. They use the cogat as an IQ test, not as the screening test for which it was intended, so we had to pay out of our pocket to get an accurate independent IQ test for our child to prove she should be in their TAG program. As we understand it, they base entry into the program solely on IQ, not including any evidence of academic performance.

Posted April 15, 2004
I have never seen a better elementary school in my life. The teachers are all dedicated to the school and their students. The parents are extremly involved every day. The standards are extremly high for each student but the school strives to make sure that no students are struggling.

1701 Lohmans Crossing Road, Austin, TX  78734
Last modified Lakeway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeway Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top