Lake Travis High School 4

Posted June 29, 2014
While the school is not perfect, and has its flaws, these flaws are present at all high schools, not EXCLUSIVELY Lake Travis. Of course, the school has a certain crowd that goes out and parties, but not every single student does so. The drugs/parties are not as big of an issue as people make them out to be, so if you don't want to get involved in any of that, you'll be fine. Classes are challenging without being completely impossible, and, yes, there are other activities besides football.

Posted May 22, 2014
If you aren't rich or popular, don't come here. (I made this mistake :/) This is a very unaccepting, unwelcoming school.

Posted April 10, 2014
I have just been awed by the bad remarks related to the school system. My kids have grown up in this system since Kinder. I don't have super smart kids and if they are having troubles the teachers are on it right away. I am not sure what other parents are asking for. I know first hand, I couldn't ask for anything else from them. I have three kids and that's a lot of teachers to get used to dealing with. I love all their attention to my children. And drugs?? I am glad my kids don't deal with any of that. I have never heard them mention anything about drugs being dealt around. I guess you have to be in that crowd to know about those things. My children know to let an adult know if they see something inappropriate immediately. Yes, it is a challenge for children of lower means. We don't have lots of money to toss around for all these sports things. But the education these kids are getting is out of this world. Getting into sports will be a challenge if you don't have any experience from early years. There's lots of competition. But it's all good for the kids to stay busy with sports and education and not be into things they shouldn't be into like roaming the streets.

Lake Travis High School 2

Posted March 28, 2014
This school is so over rated and received itt' high marks from its' past history with the past administration. The school is so large and the teachers teach via "look on the webstie" teach yourself approach. Of course there are those few excpetions, but overall the school is all about athletics and not about the student. If you are the 4.5 student and can survive by teaching yourself, then you will do fine. If you are a good student, and need a teacher to teach and care, then this is a terrible fit for your child. There are DRUGS everywhere, and they all turn a blind eye to this. They care about bullying, not drugs, not do they educate the child to the dangers of all the internet. in their forums....just bullying. I think this school is a huge dissapointment from the middle school of Hudson Bend, which has a great prinicpal who is on top of things, cares about his students and the teachers are good as well. I would suggest getting your child out of the public system in LTISD by high school. Somebody needs to wake up to the real deal at Lake Travis. High School..aftter all isn't education at least equal to sports????? Not at this school.

Posted March 04, 2014
As a freshman at Lake Travis High School, I love my school! Everyone is nice to you unless you are rude to them. There are many advanced courses that text your capabilities and broaden your horizons. Contrary to what someone else said we do not talk about drugs and alcohol often and we are not stuck up. Only one of my teachers receives criticism from the students, so considering the quality of teachers I have had before I would say the teachers here are pretty great!

Posted November 23, 2013
This school is going downhill fast...I plan on moving out of this district to get my daughter into a better school. Some parents I have spoken to are resorting to homeschooling. Coaches that teach need to be held accountable. They have more passion for coaching and put in less time on making the classroom lessons interesting...mostly students are given "busy work". I'm just so disappointed. I pay high taxes for my kids to go to these schools!

Posted December 26, 2012
If you write a honest review of the school this site deletes it. Lake Travis caters to the rich kids. If you have a cookie cutter kid then great. Normal people with normal kids go somewhere else.

Posted August 14, 2012
I feel Lake Travis provides an excellent education opportunity for all students who wish to apply themselves. I believe the Lake Travis schools provide learning tools that compete somewhat to those offered in the private schools.

Posted November 25, 2011
Having a daughter who has grown up in the LTISD since kindergarten and now goes to LTHS, I can honestly say a parent could not ask for any better for their students, especially in public education. There are a lot of high achievers here and test scores reflect that. If a parent is looking for exceptional academics, excellent extracurricular activities in sports and the fine arts, this is the ideal school for that.

Posted February 06, 2011
this school is for students who are advanced and competitive. I was in the top one percent and I feel like I was nurtured to be potential. Their academic expectations are above average, but not outstandingly unconventional. The students who do well pushed themselves and teacher do support and reward them with opportunities and liberty. The student population is relatively affluent. The students who feel like they do not fit in often do not have the materialism that many are blessed with. The campus is relatively clean. Minimal drugs, alcohol, and gangs compared to other schools. I would recommend this school to those who are aspired to be successful and ambitious.

Lake Travis High School
3324 Ranch Road 620 South, Austin, TX  78738
Last modified Lake Travis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Travis High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top