Austin, TX
Students enrolled: 2,416

Posted February 10, 2015
This school needs a serious leadership overhaul. The student code of conduct is not enforced campus wide and this affects the learning environment negatively. As with many high schools, this one's academic reputation is driven mostly by the area's high-income parent expectation, not the quality of instruction. Even so, it has dropped in national rank compared to some neighboring school districts. If your child needs help and qualifies for special education, they may not receive it.

Lake Travis High School 2

Posted February 05, 2015
I can't believe I did not read these other reviews before moving here. Wow, how accurate. "if you're not rich or very very very very social" you will not like it here. My child has never had issues with teachers until starting at this school. 2 of the teachers do not respond to their own email. And like another review all the teachers say the same thing: "just go to my website". My child goes in at "8am" to get help from the teacher and the teacher 50% plus of the time is not there. We have begged for help and are told, our child just needs to grow up. After we sell our home that we paid too much for, we will be moving. If there is a bright spot, it would be watching the football teams clobber their opponents.

Lake Travis High School 4

Posted June 29, 2014
While the school is not perfect, and has its flaws, these flaws are present at all high schools, not EXCLUSIVELY Lake Travis. Of course, the school has a certain crowd that goes out and parties, but not every single student does so. The drugs/parties are not as big of an issue as people make them out to be, so if you don't want to get involved in any of that, you'll be fine. Classes are challenging without being completely impossible, and, yes, there are other activities besides football.

Posted May 22, 2014
If you aren't rich or popular, don't come here. (I made this mistake :/) This is a very unaccepting, unwelcoming school.

Posted April 10, 2014
I have just been awed by the bad remarks related to the school system. My kids have grown up in this system since Kinder. I don't have super smart kids and if they are having troubles the teachers are on it right away. I am not sure what other parents are asking for. I know first hand, I couldn't ask for anything else from them. I have three kids and that's a lot of teachers to get used to dealing with. I love all their attention to my children. And drugs?? I am glad my kids don't deal with any of that. I have never heard them mention anything about drugs being dealt around. I guess you have to be in that crowd to know about those things. My children know to let an adult know if they see something inappropriate immediately. Yes, it is a challenge for children of lower means. We don't have lots of money to toss around for all these sports things. But the education these kids are getting is out of this world. Getting into sports will be a challenge if you don't have any experience from early years. There's lots of competition. But it's all good for the kids to stay busy with sports and education and not be into things they shouldn't be into like roaming the streets.

Lake Travis High School 2

Posted March 28, 2014
This school is so over rated and received itt' high marks from its' past history with the past administration. The school is so large and the teachers teach via "look on the webstie" teach yourself approach. Of course there are those few excpetions, but overall the school is all about athletics and not about the student. If you are the 4.5 student and can survive by teaching yourself, then you will do fine. If you are a good student, and need a teacher to teach and care, then this is a terrible fit for your child. There are DRUGS everywhere, and they all turn a blind eye to this. They care about bullying, not drugs, not do they educate the child to the dangers of all the internet. in their forums....just bullying. I think this school is a huge dissapointment from the middle school of Hudson Bend, which has a great prinicpal who is on top of things, cares about his students and the teachers are good as well. I would suggest getting your child out of the public system in LTISD by high school. Somebody needs to wake up to the real deal at Lake Travis. High School..aftter all isn't education at least equal to sports????? Not at this school.

Posted March 04, 2014
As a freshman at Lake Travis High School, I love my school! Everyone is nice to you unless you are rude to them. There are many advanced courses that text your capabilities and broaden your horizons. Contrary to what someone else said we do not talk about drugs and alcohol often and we are not stuck up. Only one of my teachers receives criticism from the students, so considering the quality of teachers I have had before I would say the teachers here are pretty great!

Posted November 23, 2013
This school is going downhill fast...I plan on moving out of this district to get my daughter into a better school. Some parents I have spoken to are resorting to homeschooling. Coaches that teach need to be held accountable. They have more passion for coaching and put in less time on making the classroom lessons interesting...mostly students are given "busy work". I'm just so disappointed. I pay high taxes for my kids to go to these schools!

Posted December 26, 2012
If you write a honest review of the school this site deletes it. Lake Travis caters to the rich kids. If you have a cookie cutter kid then great. Normal people with normal kids go somewhere else.

Posted August 14, 2012
I feel Lake Travis provides an excellent education opportunity for all students who wish to apply themselves. I believe the Lake Travis schools provide learning tools that compete somewhat to those offered in the private schools.

Lake Travis High School
3324 Ranch Road 620 South, Austin, TX  78738
Last modified Lake Travis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Travis High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top