Lake Travis Middle School 1

Posted June 26, 2014
Looking back at my experience, I probably had 4 good teachers over my 3 years at this school. All they honestly care about is football and the coaches could care less about their teaching. Very few teachers are what I would actually consider "nice" and most have the "I hate my job" attitude. Many of them also play favorites. I felt like I was at jail and was miserable at this school. They spend all of their money on the sports (the 500k jumbotron at the high school) while we are using 12 year old textbooks. This school has gone majorly downhill since several years ago.

Lake Travis Middle School 1

Posted August 07, 2013
Lake Travis Middle School is one of the most unprofessional learning establishments know to man... the ONLY professional adult on LTMS campus is the office secretary Megan Mosley. Numerous employees at LTMS are unfit or mentally unable to do their proper job. In a whole there is only 10 good teachers that could help a child (for example mine 12 year old son) love and learn properly,then there are employes like the administration of the middle school whom focus out numerous children.( after asking other parents if the have had the same problem with the administration too) After Lake Travis failed to win state 'football' title this past year the district began to neglect academics and the arts in order to fund for more "athletic" related expenses this making our children be forced to learn with SEVERELY out dated learning material. The whole LTISD "learning community" in my opinion is just a another faded football school,which are the reasons American is 32 in math, 17 in reading, and overall ranked 20th in education.

Posted March 04, 2012
An excellent school. Great kids, academics, and athletics. Great community! Lake Travis has grown immensely in the past few years, and the quality of the schools keeps getting better. We moved here in 2001, and could not be more pleased with the elementary, middle and high school. The community rallies behind the school and is very supportive. The school puts most "private" schools in the area to shame. It has many National Merit Scholars (high school, of course), athletes, and musicians. I can't think of a better use of your resources than to move to this area and get involved in the schools. Plus there is great shopping nearby. :-)

Posted September 28, 2010
We have a character ed program that emphasizes and ties into our mascot the Knight. ARMOR - Accountable, Respectful, Mannerly, Organized and Responsible. We also have a Service program and a Day of Knights. We go out in large numbers to serve the community. Our 700ish students put in 2200+ hours last year.

Posted May 20, 2010
Teachers are so dedicated, they have a lot of areas parents can volunteer.

Posted February 08, 2010
I am so happy at LTMS! My child has had an amazing experience!!! Thank you teachers for your dedication! Ms. Meeks, Ms. DuVon, Coach Montgomery, Ms. Weaver....you are simply the best!

Posted November 06, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted May 04, 2007
Great academics. We need to empower the school leadership to be able to deal with permissive parents.

Posted November 27, 2006
This is the best middle school I have come into contact with. The teachers are really good and the principal and vice principal are great people also. The school keeps up on technology and also has caring parents.

Lake Travis Middle School
3328 Ranch Road 620 South, Austin, TX  78738
Last modified Lake Travis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Travis Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top