Posted September 24, 2014
This school is wonderful. The staff is always so friendly and involved in the welfare of the children. The teachers are award-winning. This is our 3rd elementary school in Austin, and this is the best one by far. I feel good knowing my children are in the hands of the best. My son just received his first "super stallion award" of the year demonstrating exemplary character. He received several last year and the Vice Principal and Principal call the parents to notify the parents as well. It shows how involved the staff is and how much effort is given in uplifting the students and caring for their growth and well beings. A+

Posted April 28, 2014
Steiner Ranch Elementary is an awesome school! We the greatest teachers and best parent involvement I've seen in the 4 elementary schools we have been in (All due to work related moves ;).

Posted June 11, 2013
I am a student at SRE and this school is awesome!! All the teachers are so nice and very funny! The students here are very welcoming to all new students and we all are very fun. I got commended on all of my STARR testing and the teachers prepare you very well for any test you will have! So if you are looking for a good school then this is the school for you!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 27, 2012
I am from the Northeast and have not been impressed with the schools here in Texas (public or private). We moved to Steiner because of the schools and have been very happy. It is the best elementary school we have found here. My kids love it, the teachers and principal are wonderful, and the parental involvement is fantastic. It has definitely met our high expectations.

Posted July 18, 2011
SRE has an incredible staff and curriculum. My daughter has excelled way above her grade level 'standards' since kindergarten and has gotten support I couldn't have dreamed of from a public school. The parent support has had invaluable benefit at compensating for the district and board restrictions. The schools in Steiner Ranch are the reason we live here.

Steiner Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2011
I am moving to Austin from Louisiana. I need to know which elementary and middle school in the Austin area would best serve my 10 year old autistic son. He has no behavioral problems at all, and learns easily, but needs small group instruction. I hope to find a welcoming school and staff for my son with his special needs. I have been an elementary teacher myself for 20 years now, and I want him to be accepted and continue to progress academically and socially. Thankyou for your help!! Angela

Posted June 03, 2010
We moved into the district in 2008, from another exemplary rated district. Our children have attended three elementary schools, all exemplary rated, and Steiner Ranch is by far the best. We enjoy almost daily updates on our children's progress, the teachers make themselves available by phone and email. There are frequent parent teacher conferences, and more if requested. As noted by some comments below, the parents are probably the weakest link as there are a lot of helicopter types that want to tell the teachers how to do their jobs. They are doing a GREAT job and we feel lucky to have our kids at Steiner Ranch.

Posted June 02, 2010
My two adopted children attened SRE for several years (1st grade through 5th) until they moved on to Canyon Ridge Middle School this year. SRE was an excellent school that I was very impressed with. Compared to the public schools I attended as a kid growing up in CA, SRE seemed like a private school. They were supportive and worked to educate my children, including my son who has special needs. We did have to be involved sometimes to ensure we got what we needed, but who doesn't need to be involved to help their child? So thankful that my children went to SRE...

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009
I was shocked reading a couple of the reviews about Steiner. This school is awesome. My children are in the Quest (GT) program and it is great. The parental involvement is wonderful. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school and we came from a private school which did not even compare. I hear great things about Canyon Ridge Middle School that my kids will be attending. Steiner Ranch is an awesome place to raise your kids!

Steiner Ranch Elementary School
4001 North Quinlan Park Road, Austin, TX  78732
Last modified Steiner Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steiner Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top