Austin, TX

Posted November 23, 2014
We transferred to this school after attending Oak Meadows Elementary school. We love the principal Mrs. Ewald and how involved she is. We receive weekly reports on what is going on within the school as well as daily reports to be informed on how our child is doing. I am very happy with our decision in choosing this school for our child's elementary school future.

Posted August 04, 2014
My son attended 2nd grade at BTE this past year, and I left the year with a bad impression. Class ratio was approx. 20:1. Way too many kids in a class. The teacher was out very routinely (about once every two weeks), which resulted in a sub and ultimately a disruption to the class plan. The class ate lunch at 10:45am. Considering the school has late start Mondays when breakfast is served around 8am, then lunch at 10:45? This needs to be reconsidered. I had to reach out to the administration on two separate occasions leaving voice messages. The response time on the return phone calls on both occasions were unacceptable. (I am talking a few days here.) Overall, I feel our teacher's heart and motivation wasn't in it this year. I feel the administration and teacher did a poor job in communicating with parents. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2009
My son and daughter attends BTE. I really like how the Principal is actively involved and knows what taking place on her campus. She's has always been receptive to addressing my concerns and gives immediate attention to critical issues. So far, I haven't had a problem with the teachers and have been blessed with teachers that addressed concerns in a timely and professional manner. No campus is perfect, I'm overall pleased with the school. However, I think the district could do a better job of providing more nutritious school meals and alternatives for kids with special dietary needs. I think the school also need to provide more learning opportunities for kids in the talented and gifted programs. I think that the parents of BTE's students need to be more involved and show support for the PTO and school related functions.

Posted August 28, 2008

Posted August 17, 2008

Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2008
The principal wants the school to appear perfect, but the school has a lot of inner turmoil. There would probably be more parent participation if the leadership was open to dealing with problems, instead of avoiding the problem.

Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2007

Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2006

Posted April 13, 2006

Posted April 02, 2006
My son has been enrolled at BTE since Pre-K and is now in 2nd grade. My observations: At the beginning of every school year the administrators scramble to balance student - teacher ratio. There has been an average of 22 kids in every one of my son's classes. BTE is in firefight mode to avoid getting classified as an 'In Need of Improvement' school so they are basically teaching the test. I have chosen to move my son to a charter school with a proven track record.

Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School
11316 Farmhaven Road, Austin, TX  78754
Last modified Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bluebonnet Trail Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top