Austin, TX

Posted November 24, 2014
Blackshear is the school we hoped we would find when we were looking for transfer opportunities for our Kindergartener. We would never have the money or time to be able to send our son to ballet lessons, but Blackshear provides high quality, expert level lessons to all the kids on his class. I'm grateful. Active teachers, engaged staff, and wonderful students, this is a gem of a school.

Posted November 24, 2014
My daughter loves her new school! Blackshear allows her to participate in so many programs that challenges her creative and intellectual side.

Posted September 17, 2014
Throughout the past nine years in Austin ISD, I have served as a 5th grade Bilingual teacher, a Physical Education teacher and now I serve as an Adapted PE teacher helping students with disabilities. I have served over 15 AISD campuses in some capacity. I just started providing services to Blackshear Elementary this year, and I must say I'm extremely impressed with this campus! Since my arrival, I have noticed that it is a friendly, warm, structured (in a good way), engaging, and creative campus. Teachers, and staff go above and beyond to provide families and students with a supportive, helpful, positive learning environment. I have felt extremely welcome at this campus, and the administration obviously takes pride in their school. I highly recommend this campus.

Blackshear Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2014
My son has been bullied by a teacher and the administration does nothing except make excuses for the teacher. It is a very gloomy atmosphere for kids, and the teachers are all stern and unfriendly. Most of the work is testing and drudgery. No teacher ever smiles or shows any sign of life. It is not a happy place for young children.

Posted November 12, 2013
Best students to work with because of the outstanding teachers and administrators. I can't say enough about the office staff who always welcome everyone with an open arms and have a pleasant countenance when you walk into the office. The custodial staff are exceptionaI and they keep the school very clean. I feel comfortable with this school environment that I can call Blackshear Elementary school is my home away from home. The parents and volunteers from different organizations are wonderful and we are very supportive of each other as we work with our students. I can't ask for a better place to work. Everyone looks forward to the Friday Enrichment to do something fun and engaging where teachers and volunteers teach classes such as: Bike Riding, Yoga, Gardening, etc.... The success of Blackshear is a team effort I feel and I'm proud to be in a winning team!!!

Posted November 02, 2013
Lo que a mi me gusta es que la especialista de padres siempre esta muy atenta e involucrada con los padres acerca de la educacion de nuestros estudiantes. Tambien me parece ser muy bien el programa de yellowjackets es algo excelente para mantener a los estudiantes activos. Soy madre de cuarto grado.

Posted October 31, 2013
A mi me gusta todo de la escuela. Estoy bien contenta por que tengo mucho apoyo de los maestros, de la directora y todos son bien amables. Han sido bien buenos con mis hijos y les doy las gracias. Mama de estudiante en tercer grado.

Posted October 30, 2013
Blackshear Elementary is a special neighborhood school with caring teachers and staff, who are very respectful of their students, and each other. The principal knows all of the students, and expects the best from each of them. But the first thing you will notice when you enter the school is how spotless it is kept. Everyone involved works hard to make Blackshear a safe, welcoming place for the students to succeed.

Posted October 29, 2013
Blackshear... I love it! The school has a great atmosphere. I am totally impressed with the staff s dedication to their teaching and to their students. Fridays are especially an awesome thing to watch. Teachers as well as other community people offer courses that give our students the opportunity participate in variety of enrichment activities. It is noticeably the highlight of the week for both students and staff. The students have the opportunity to develop their creative processes, learn/practice a skill, nurture a talent as well as socialize in a multiage grouping. Teachers and/or volunteers offer classes such as athletics, bike riding, drama, learning to play an instrument, girl and boy scouts etc. It s a great way to end the week and a positive way to begin the weekend.

Posted October 28, 2013
Blackshear Elementary is a wonderful school. The administration cares about the students, staff, and the community. The staff is amazing and really care about the students overall success. Lots of wonderful things are happening at Blackshear Elementary and I am happy to work at such a great school.

Blackshear Elementary School
1712 East 11th Street, Austin, TX  78702
(512) 414-2021
Last modified Blackshear Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackshear Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top