Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 11, 2015
Ms Perez is an organized and endlessly patient K teacher who sets high standards for children while providing a safe place to learn.

Posted November 25, 2015
No other school is a better environment for our kids to learn academic subjects, life skills and self-expression. Blackshear is a diverse, warm and enthusiastic school, as driven to help our children as we are.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 25, 2015
Principal Jenkins and all of the teachers and staff at Blackshear are engaged, caring, and driven to help our kids succeed and love learning. We transferred our kindergartner into Blackshear after we learned about the fine arts programming but before it won the National Blue Ribbon award. We couldn't be happier and are grateful and relieved to have found such a wonderful school.

Grateful to: no rating

Posted November 24, 2015
- a school leader
Thank you to all of the Blackshear Team for putting your heart and soul into your work on a daily basis for our students. Thank you PTA for your excitement and support of all programs here at Blackshear. Thank you to all of our Volunteers and Community Partners for your presence and dedication to our school.

Posted November 24, 2014
Blackshear is the school we hoped we would find when we were looking for transfer opportunities for our Kindergartener. We would never have the money or time to be able to send our son to ballet lessons, but Blackshear provides high quality, expert level lessons to all the kids on his class. I'm grateful. Active teachers, engaged staff, and wonderful students, this is a gem of a school.

Posted November 24, 2014
My daughter loves her new school! Blackshear allows her to participate in so many programs that challenges her creative and intellectual side.

Posted September 17, 2014
Throughout the past nine years in Austin ISD, I have served as a 5th grade Bilingual teacher, a Physical Education teacher and now I serve as an Adapted PE teacher helping students with disabilities. I have served over 15 AISD campuses in some capacity. I just started providing services to Blackshear Elementary this year, and I must say I'm extremely impressed with this campus! Since my arrival, I have noticed that it is a friendly, warm, structured (in a good way), engaging, and creative campus. Teachers, and staff go above and beyond to provide families and students with a supportive, helpful, positive learning environment. I have felt extremely welcome at this campus, and the administration obviously takes pride in their school. I highly recommend this campus.

Blackshear Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2014
My son has been bullied by a teacher and the administration does nothing except make excuses for the teacher. It is a very gloomy atmosphere for kids, and the teachers are all stern and unfriendly. Most of the work is testing and drudgery. No teacher ever smiles or shows any sign of life. It is not a happy place for young children.

Posted November 12, 2013
Best students to work with because of the outstanding teachers and administrators. I can't say enough about the office staff who always welcome everyone with an open arms and have a pleasant countenance when you walk into the office. The custodial staff are exceptionaI and they keep the school very clean. I feel comfortable with this school environment that I can call Blackshear Elementary school is my home away from home. The parents and volunteers from different organizations are wonderful and we are very supportive of each other as we work with our students. I can't ask for a better place to work. Everyone looks forward to the Friday Enrichment to do something fun and engaging where teachers and volunteers teach classes such as: Bike Riding, Yoga, Gardening, etc.... The success of Blackshear is a team effort I feel and I'm proud to be in a winning team!!!

Posted November 02, 2013
Lo que a mi me gusta es que la especialista de padres siempre esta muy atenta e involucrada con los padres acerca de la educacion de nuestros estudiantes. Tambien me parece ser muy bien el programa de yellowjackets es algo excelente para mantener a los estudiantes activos. Soy madre de cuarto grado.

1712 East 11th Street, Austin, TX  78702
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. (512) 414-2021
Last modified Blackshear Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.