Austin, TX

Posted August 14, 2014
Brentwood has been incredible for both of my boys. My older son, going into 4th grade, has had the most fantastic teachers every single year. He is challenged by Aspbergers, but has had love and support in the regular ed classroom and with his "support system" in speech and social skills therapies. My younger son, going into 2nd grade, has also had amazing teachers the past 3 years. It is truly a community school, with great parent participation, loving staff, and highly skilled, dedicated teachers. Cannot say enough good things.

Posted June 06, 2014
Brentwood is AMAZING! We have no complaints whatsoever. Our son is in the special ed program for speech and social skills, and the teachers and programs at Brentwood have been amazing. It is also such a wonderful environment: positive, environmentally conscience, fun-- we love it! There are also gardens tended by different classes all around the school.

Brentwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 14, 2014
I have one in kinder here. The teachers have always been extremely respectful and helpful. My first encounter with the lunch lady wasn't great but I get it... You don't like what you're doing. I do not agree with one of the other reviews. I feel my child should have a fun transition into 'big kid' school. My child is 6 and reads to the class when they have time. Prefers chapter books to anything else. We have nightly homework and she shows an ability to figure out real world math problems. The school is doing something right. Kindergarten isn't the time to begin studying for your SATs. Brentwood elementary is fantastic!

Brentwood Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
Because we are a blended family, we have a child in Leander ISD, and one at Brentwood, only 1 year apart. The academics at Brentwood are WAY behind. Kindergarten is more like a daycare. The rooms are full of toys, playsets, etc.. I would image the parents giving good reviews for academics here have no idea what it's like at a good school. The kindergarteners in Leander ISD are writing stories, reading, doing real math problems, while our son at Brentwood is still working on writing his numbers 1-20. He doesn't read - AT ALL, has not been taught any phonics, no math skills. They're not learning handwriting, etc... Oh, but at Christmas, the kids did a lot of gift wrapping! I guess this was a fine motor skill activity, but that's pre-school. In Leander, they do that type of stuff, but it's tied to a lesson, like patterns, etc.. And safety - no way! They utilize the public park next door for a play area. There are 27 registered sex offenders within one mile of this school and they have the kids playing in a public park that's not fenced in. We've had notices this year for both Pertussis and Bed Bugs.

Posted November 19, 2013
We love this school. My oldest son spent six years here, and my youngest in in second grade. The single best thing about this school is the teachers. They care. A LOT. It's a warm, welcoming, diverse, artsy school where kids can figure out who they are in a safe environment. Other things I love about this school: * Academics are solid. Math, reading and writing are emphasized at an early age. Students who are struggling receive extra support. Students who are excelling are given greater challenges. * Tribe system. Instead of desks, classrooms have tables. Students work on group projects, as well as individual assignments. Students are encouraged to learn from and teach each other. * Inclusion: The school has several special education departments where the students receive support. But most of the time, students with special needs work with their peers. This helps all the students appreciate the values of compassion and understanding. * The neighborhood. Everyone gets along! When we disagree we act like adults and fix problems together. Love love love this school.

Brentwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
Brentwood is a great neighborhood school with excellent parental involvement and diversity. The teachers are all very engaged and act as advocates for the kiddos. I applaud them for trying so hard in the face of Texas school defunding. In first grade my son's teacher helped ID a learning disability and started the documentation process, in second grade my son's teacher was a great advocate for him and helped move him along the onerous process of getting him the support he needs, and now his third grade teacher is focused on helping him reach goals that will help him succeed. I love that! My one complaint is that it's so hard to get the school (and district) to invest in children with LD. I know it's related to money, so I can't entirely blame my school's administration, which has also been supportive within the restrictions imposed by the district and ultimately the state's defunding of public education. So a big fat THANKS to Brentwood Elementary for caring about my son's education.

Posted October 08, 2013
Great neighborhood school. We relocated here last year and everyone has made our daughter and us feel very welcome. Her 1st grade and now 2nd grade teacher has been great at challenging the kids and keeping learning fun and relevant.

Posted October 08, 2013
Brentwood is amazing. The teachers are great. The parents are great and the community is everything I have been looking for. I love volunteering in my kiddos classes.The school is growing and we are getting more amazing creative teachers. The only negative is the limited lunch. I think we should be able to eat lunch with our kids every day not just Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Posted October 04, 2013
Brentwood is a great neighborhood school. Caring teachers and involved parents! Kids get the attention they need.

Posted September 04, 2013
I love this school, and so does my son. I've been very happy with the quality of both of his teachers, and love the small community feel of the school.

Brentwood Elementary School
6700 Arroyo Seco, Austin, TX  78757
(512) 414-2039
Last modified Brentwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brentwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top