Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
I think the students has just the right amout one page per subject helping the students.

Brooke Elementary School 5

Posted November 19, 2015
So far so good. My daughter's first yr and its been Awesome! ! She's Knows A whole lot than she did when she started. I'm so Thankful that we choose this school, My son will be joining this soon also! Can't wait! The teachers and staff are friendly and kind very helpful! Great school!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
She goes outta her way on teaching and making sure the kids are on track. Make sure each start gets it , if not she help as much as possible to make sure they are understanding. Theres alot to say! Shes Great!

Brooke Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2014
We went to this school for 1 month. Terrible terrible experience. My daughter has never been in trouble. The second week she was in a fist fight on the bus and then because she told me she was harassed at school. I talked to the principal about it, the principle said she had already talked to the other parents, and they said the only reason I was making it a concern was because they were Mexican. Color had nothing to do about it. Both my daughter and the girl who attacked her where suspended. I refused to let my daughter, who has never even gotten a referral to go to alternative school, she served her suspension at home. The other child didn't care because she went to alt school on a monthly basis. I asked the principal, now that we have the fight settled, what will we do about the harassment? She explained that in these situation the victim is moved to avoid the bully from acting out more. Long story short, we left the school. My daughter is GT, maybe if they tried to keep some of the good kids they get, they test scores would go up. AVOID THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2011
Both my son (3rd, 4th, and 5th) & daughter (preschool, kindergarden, and 1st grade) went to this school for three years. It was a horrible experience or anything but my daughter is dyslexia (but wasn't diagnosed until the end of 1st grade). She missed the fundamentals of reading from this school. Her kindergarten teacher was unfriendly, never smiled, and my daughter was afraid of her. Her first grade teacher ignored her disability and finally towards the end of the year, I was able to get her tested for dyslexia (which I was correct, she had dyslexia and ADD). By that time, the 1st grade school year was over, and it was too late. Luckily, she transferred to a school in Round Rock because we moved. But, she had to repeat the first grade again, in order to gain the material that Brooke & her teacher never taught her. I gave the school an extra star because their school lunches were much better than other schools. They were healthy, wholesome, and nutritious - the kids still talk about their school lunches at Brooke!

Brooke Elementary School 5

Posted March 01, 2007
I have two sons that attend Brooke Elementary and I have been IMPRESSED!! The Principal is wonderful and cares for the kids and supports parents in more ways than one. The office staff is great and is always willing to lend a hand if need be. The Teachers, Speech teacher and Special ed. teachers are GREAT!! I have only good words to say about this campus. Keep up the great work!!! Proud Parent, Minerva Cervantes

Brooke Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2005
I would recommend that parents look very closely at Brooke before moving to the area. The staff is highly disorganized- they didn't have their back-to-school night until almost six weeks into the school year. Also, my child was tested and passed into the gifted and talented program at the beginning of the year, and nothing has been done to get him started in the program. Being that the school is in a rougher part of town, the staff is more discipline oriented than positive reinforcement oriented. The communication between the teacher and parent is also limited until a problem arises.

3100 East 4th Street, Austin, TX  78702
(512) 414-2043
Last modified Brooke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.