Posted July 26, 2014
This is my 6th year at Bryker Woods. I like that its a small school but a great school! The teachers and staff are AMAZING!

Posted January 28, 2012
I was a student at Bryker Woods and its the best school E.V.E.R .I TOTALY LOVE IT.Any and every one should go to this green healthy spectacular school.My teachers were amazing and now Im a weepy mess because I no longer go there.I and many others recommend this school for almost any one.Every time I pass by BW I start to cry hope you feel the same.

Posted November 03, 2010
~ I simply have to say "WOW"! What a truly AWESOME school Bryker Woods is! There is such a wonderfully close-knit, intimate community vibe at this school that I have simply fallen in love with it...and it is only our FIRST year of attendance! I can only imagine the praises that I will be singing this school come First Grade! Honestly, what is there not to LOVE about this school?! I mean, they have MAJOR Parent involvement and participation, they Recycle, they COMPOST and they throw one INCREDIBLE Fall Carnival! Hands Down, this is "THE Best School in Our Town"!!!

Bryker Woods Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2010
This is a great school with a wonderful community of families. Sadly the new principal is not a good cultural fit for the school and seems to be at the center of much controversy.

Posted September 17, 2010
This is a wonderful neighborhood school with a great family feel. It is small enough that all the teachers know your child's name and almost everyone knows each other's kids/parents/families, etc. The new principal (as of Aug 2008) is interested and engaging with the kids. She is almost always available to talk about your concerns. My son had a fabulous kindergarten year and is now starting first grade with the right teacher for his personality... a choice that wasn't mine to make (nor did I try to influence that decision), but it was obviously made with great care. The parents are very involved... sometimes too much so... but the overall effect is that "It takes a village..." and this village will take care of your kids. I'm so glad we researched all of AISD and chose this school. The fact that is goes to 6th grade makes it even better.

Posted June 27, 2009

Bryker Woods Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2008
My child is a bit unruly, creative, odd and an outspoken atheist. He has not had trouble being accepted at the school or in getting an education that is tailored to his needs. The newer teachers are really outstanding, bringing a fresh perspective. The parents are what really make the school, however, pushing for things they believe in and providing the manpower to provide a lot of enrichment activities.

Posted August 01, 2007
Bryker Woods has been an excellent and supportive school for both of our children. The teachers are great, the parents are involved and helpful, and the atmosphere is just right. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Bryker Woods Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2006
While many will tell you this is the best school in Austin, our family was completely failed by it. Its teachers are entrenched, with some notable exceptions. Its principle is ineffectual. Its families think everything is groovy as long as they can walk to school. If your kid is creative, odd, outspoken or not Christian, you can do better.

Posted September 18, 2006
Since kindergarten, my fourth-grader has attended Bryker Woods Elementary, which is not his 'neighborhood school.' For years, either I or his dad have driven across town to take him there, and the journey is well worth the effort. The teachers are consistently excellent. The academic curriculum and programs are challenging and fun. His classmates are friendly and smart. And there are parents everywhere at this school. From standing-room-only PTA meetings to after-school Chess club tournaments to fall carnivals and springtime track & field days, parents are involved and ensuring that their children's years at Bryker Woods are well-spent. The school has a wonderful vibe.

Bryker Woods Elementary School
3309 Kerbey Lane, Austin, TX  78703
(512) 414-2054
Last modified Bryker Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bryker Woods Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top