Bad
Good

Campbell Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2014
This school needs a huge makeover. I agree with the post below regarding the staff. I know teachers and staff are under paid but maybe this should of been considered before they took the position. If I could afford a private school for my daughter. I would definitely transfer her. The communication with parent and staff could be better. My daughters made some friends but I find myself teaching her more than what she's learning at Campbell.

Campbell Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2014
I believe the School can improve by refocusing on the School mission statement and vision that would help a lot. Also LOOK AT THE STAFF THATB THEY ARE EMPLOYING FOR THESE sCHOOLS ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY AND NOT FOR THE EDUCATION OF THE STUDENTS. NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SCHOOL BAD JUST NEDS TO HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF IMPROVEMENT. AND MORE CONCERNS FOR THIS YOUNG GENERATION.

Campbell Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2007
LL Campbell is my alma mater. I have a grandson and two nephews,and a host of neighborhood buddies that attend Campbell. In my opinion the Principal, Mrs. Andrews and the Vice Principal Mrs. Blackwell, are both 5 star Women of their Word. I've witnessed them both go above and beyond their job description when it comes to our children. My grandson has had a difficult season the last two years, but they have been there for our family via email, phone contact, meetings, and even when I just drop in they always greet me and tell me to come on back if I need to speak to them. I do believe more training for the teachers should be in place to deal with children coming from diversed backgrounds. Overall the teachers are fantastic, but I would like to challenge them to get to know the parents better.

Posted October 06, 2005
The school Principal and Vice Principal are very interested in educating its students. The teachers are qualified and will to work as hard as possible to educated its students. As a parent of two students of the school I am very happy and satisfied, because you are allowed and invited to get involved with your child(ren) education. To make it work we as parents have to get involved. We can't just leave it up to the administor's and teacher's.

Posted March 09, 2005
Overall great school. I believe the teachers and administration do a very good job with the kids and always seem helpful of any concerns.

Posted March 23, 2004
As a parent and teacher at this school, I have never been more pleased with my child's academic progress/success. I must say I totally disagree with the previous comments/opinions. I have had my children attend many different schools within the district as well as without and have never found a better school. The teachers have always been willing to talk to me, call me, email me or just plain flag me down to talk about my child's progress/behavior. My 9 year old came from a school outside the district not reading at all and now she is reading on the 4/5th grade level. I cannot praise this school enough for the good things they have done for my child. As for fundraising, try buying school supplies (not teacher supplies) and paying for field trips on 0 dollars.

Campbell Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2004
I applaud the principal and assistant, cafeteria workers and custodians for their politeness, friendliness to parents and students, and the cleanliness of the school. The parents and students are greeted with this politeness every morning before school. The students need this for sure because the teachers do not greet the students or parents and the teachers do not communicate with the parents nor motivate the children to excel in their work. The hall monitors, office staff (including the school nurse)are rude to both the parents and children. More parent involvement is needed, since there is no active PTA. Parents, if you do not ask and visit the school, you will not know what's going on until reporting time. For a blue ribbon school, the only focus is discipline and fundraising. Test scores prove this! You can not have quality students with such overall negativity.

Campbell Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2003
Test scores are pathetically low, teachers do not even attempt to communicate with parents, the attendence coordinator is rude and speaks condescendingly to every parent, the principal is apathetic and uncooperative if you can even find her actually there in the building and even then she is likely to have her own children tagging along, the school dismisses all parent concerns and in fact they become hostile if you dare to suggest doing things differently. They definitely portray the attitude that 'they' are superior to parents and that parents know nothing. Horrible school. Don't move to this school's service area if you can at all avoid it!

Campbell Elementary School
2613 Rogers Avenue, Austin, TX  78722
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. (512) 414-2056
Last modified Campbell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.