Posted May 11, 2014
The best elementary comes at a price. Some of the bleach blonde mom's have a dress code that requires wearing Nike active wear to school for any and all occasions for that "I just worked out at the gym, but not really" look. Regarding dyslexia, the administration would prefer if you just leave and not mess with their academic numbers. You are harassed and your child is pushed much too hard, causing undue stress on the child. However this does not come from the reading specialist. She is terrific and works miracles for dyslexic children. Her salary is paid by the PTA. So for all my bashing, a lot of good is done by the wealthy PTA. I would have liked a less "keeping up with the Jones" type school, but the reading specialist was a huge draw, I don't believe any other school in Austin has the financial support for children that Casis can provide. I met a few great parents, and there is something freeing to be said for becoming so tired of those putting on airs that you are no longer impressed. Also, after many years of having to wait behind limousine's hired by showy parents for kids parties, Casis has finally designated a signed Limo spot for after school pick up. -Yep.

Posted June 10, 2013
Casis is a full bodied school. Many parents volunteer to help make it more than just another public school. Faculty and staff are fantastic. My son is always happy to go. He gets great interactions and teacher's activities are well-planned. It's been a great first year for my son! It's very difficult to improve such an exemplary school. I like that there are so many role models in this community.

Casis Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2013
This school is overrated!!!!!! If your chilTd has the slightest bit of reading or writing issues you have to jump through a thousands hoops to get them to pay attention to helping re-mediate the issues with your child. There are some really good teachers but they aren't all that good and it is hyper competitive! It is also too big! There are a ton of better schools out there.

Posted October 07, 2012
My sons attended Casis Elementary last year (K and 1st Grade). Mrs. Christian is an absolutely fabulous, warm, caring, loving and firm teacher that every child should be lucky enough to have. There are also several other great 1st grade teachers. My kindergartener had some behavioral challenges in the classroom, and the school counselor, Vicki (Lynne) Johnson was absolutely amazing at helping us work through the issues. The entire leadership and staff smoothly and professionally provided our family the support we needed to thrive in elementary school. I very much wish were were still living in ATX!! I can't say enough good things about Casis Elementary.

Posted May 27, 2011
My son attended Casis from kindergarten to fifth grade and he is graduating Wednesday. I can't say enough good things about the wonderful caring teachers at Casis in every class my son was in. I never for a minute doubted the quality of education and the quality of treatment my son was receiving. Every member of the staff actually really cares about the job they are doing as evidenced by the tenure of the teachers and all of the staff there, as well as the comaraderie of the parents. I was a student at Casis also when they had a 6th grade (wish they still did). They are first rate all the time and I highly recommend this school to any parent that wishes a great education and positive environment for their child. The parents level of involvement is also very high which helps things immensely. We've had a wonderful experience there. It is not only a place of learning, it is a place of fun and wonderful memories. It is with a bit of sadness that we are leaving. I will miss everyone there.

Casis Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
The Principal, the Assistant Principal and the teachers make this school the wonderful place it is. The quality of teaching in this school is exemplary and so is the caring of the people who work here.

Posted June 18, 2009
I have three children at Casis and we love it. The students grow in an environment that nurtures self-confidence and independence. This self-confidence translates into academics which is apparent in their test scores. It is true that most students are from affluent families, but there are also a good number of middle income families who have bought smaller homes because of the school (including our family) who are perfectly happy here. My children have a lot close friends from school (in all income brackets) and have not had any experience of being left out just because of social status or what they are wearing. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 05, 2006
My son attended pre-k, kindergarden and 1st grade at Casis and we absolutely loved it. The teachers were great and the parents are very involved in what goes on in the classrooms.

Posted May 10, 2006
For general ed kids, this school is great. If you are not rich, realize that most of the kids that go here are wealthy, so there's some potential for a stigma attached to a kid who does not wear all name brand clothing, etc. The teachers here are top notch, excellent. The Principal is all about pleasing his 'elite' parent population of politicicians kids. If your child has special needs, realize you are up for a huge fight to mainstream them here unless you are related to someone who has some political power or big financial means. It's sad that it's like that because this school has more resources than any other school in the district. You'd think they'd be ready to help out a child who needs it. Gen ed= A++ Best EC!

Posted April 26, 2006

Casis Elementary School
2710 Exposition Boulevard, Austin, TX  78703
(512) 414-2062
Last modified Casis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Casis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top