Bad
Good

Posted November 09, 2015
The school has had a great turn around since Mr. Shapiro became principal. There are great programs such as the Einstein, Entrepreneur, Cosmetology, Construction, Fine Arts, Mariachi, Band, and more - all these programs are nationally recognized! Don't let rumors sway you away, the faculty and administration really do care about the students leaving high school and going to college or if college is not for them, they most likely entered into one the programs and are ready to start their own business and/or ready for the work force. Go Crockett Cougars!

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter has been at Crockett HS for the past two years. She's had nothing but positive experiences at Crockett. Mr. Shapiro is always connecting with the parents. He is firm with his expectations of students and parents. I like that everyone is transferring out to other area schools. Leaves our community small and very connected!

Posted February 02, 2015
Crockett High School has been wonderful for my older son who is a Junior. My youngest son will be starting there next year. Mr. Shapiro is an excellent Principal and all the administration and faculty are approachable and willing to listen. They look at each student as individuals not one of many. Crockett is a great high school and the programs are top notch!!!

Posted March 12, 2014
I am currently a senior at Crockett High School. Mr. Shapiro has helped build Crockett into an excellent school. Fights have gone down, attendance has increased, New courses offer challenging work, Test results have gone up, and he has helped make great leaders. He has his own leadership advisory where he talks to students about whats going on in the school and how it could improve. (Im in his advisory ;)) The administrators might come out as rude but theyre actually really nice when you get to talk to them. The counselors are always there to help you, well when theyre not busy. The teachers are wonderful. You have the very strict but cool teachers and those nice and funny ones. All the teachers i had cared deeply about my education and where always there to help me. The students at Crockett are really friendly. Even the quietest person at Crockett has tons of friends. Not every school will be perfect. You will encounter those mean teachers and rude students just like at any school. Ever school has its good and bad things.

Posted June 10, 2013
My school is Crockett High school and despite the rep, it is a very good school. I would go anywhere else

Posted February 06, 2013
I went to this school a few times to substitute for some teachers. I am a certified teacher here in Texas with a Masters' degree in education. I was totally disappointed with the way professionals are treated in this school. The staff is generally quite cold and rude. The administrative assistants and clerks are rude and act as if they are doing a favor to you when they are asked to assist you with anything! I had one of the worst experiences in my life when going to that school to support other teachers! The assistant principals barely look at you and act as if you are an annoyance if you try to address them regarding any educational matter! The students are rude and disrespectful! Girls and boys make out in the corridors and no one seems to care about the situation!! Girls go to school half naked and behave provocatively in front of teachers! Honestly, I think this school is a disgrace! I a mother of a beautiful daughter and I would NEVER allow my daughter to step foot in that school!

Posted May 18, 2010
I'm a senior at another Austin high school. I spent the first 2 and a half years of high school slipping through the cracks at Crockett. I'm now a week away from graduating and I was told just 3 weeks ago that I never earned a credit for Algebra 1b. I took algebra 1 as a freshman in the 06-07. In 07 I took two credit recovery classes and was told I had my credit but never shown my transcript. I even took delta over the summer when my credit didn't show up on my final report card. In my sophomore year I was put in geometry so I assumed I had the algebra 1b credit and failed geometry b but just the next year I was put in algebra 2 without completing algebra 1b or geometry b!!! I requested to talk to the counsoler but never got the chance.

Posted March 23, 2009
The teachers at crockett are some of the best teachers ive had growing up. if you want to learn they will help you any way that they can. but the principals staff are the ones that make me uncomfortable at crockett they seem to not really know what crockett is about. Mr. Shapiro and a select few other like Mr. Davidson, is trying but the rest of the staff just seems to be in it for the money. Which bugs me.

Crockett High School 3

Posted December 24, 2008
The new principal, Craig Shapiro, has helped immensely in Crockett. There aren't as many fights as before and fewer truancy problems. There are still some students who could care less about keeping the peace, but generally, everything has gotten better.

Posted November 26, 2008
i think the teachers were horrible at crockett they acted like the students sometimes and would over react i never got in trouble with any teacher but it seemed they only cared about their pay not the students but i did graduate

Crockett High School
5601 Manchaca Road, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Crockett High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crockett High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top