Austin, TX

Dobie Middle School 5

Posted February 22, 2015
I've been at this middle school but I moved to a different middle due to some family problems I had While I was gone at a different school I realized how amazing this school was. Luckily I got to move back to this school. Now I look forward to school everyday!! The teachers a very kind to me, they teach me things that people at my older middle school had no idea about!! They really get you prepared for the future! This is the best school I've been to by far!! I've learned so much! I used to be terrible at science (I used to get c's) , but now I always get a's! The teachers here are truly amazing and i definitely recommend this middle school!!

Posted February 18, 2015
I went to visit a former coworker at Dobie former coach. I found out the trophies, pictures, and other accomplishments were gone. I approached the new principal who in her own words " the were old and tacky". I haven't went back I don't think I'm wanted back. I wonder if the community, former staff, students, and parents thought there accomplishments were tacky. The district should have contacted for coaches what her plans of destroying history.

Posted December 15, 2014
Well I went to this school in grade 8 for half of the year and I tell you my experience at this school was terrible. The teachers were extremely rude to me and kind of like bullies. I was suffering with bad depression when I went there and they made it worse by how they treated me. I was a new kid there and I was getting low grades because I wasn't yet used to the transition of going from a charter school to a public school. I remember once all of the 8 grade teachers cornered me and started cursing at me like it was the norm and finally I ticked and started cursing back at them without a care as seeing none of them cared about me. I would not recommend this school to anyone ever.

Posted July 20, 2013
My daughter goes to Dobie Middle school and so far she has done a great job there. She's on the Honor roll and I'm very proud of her! The important thing to remember is when the minute it seems like your child is changing find something positive to place your child into at school. We as parents have to push our children to stay motivated. Think about it......kids sometimes do wrong and it's our job to make sure they stay on the straight and narrow. It's not just the teacher's jobs you are in charge of your child. Always know your child's every move!!

Posted June 10, 2011
My daughter transferred here from San Antonio to finish the last half of the year. I was very disappointed with the staff and the way the school is ran from the inside to out! My daughter was in fights constantly, her grades dropped, and she grew an enormous attitude! The teachers are negative, the office administrators can't answer simple questions when a situation would occur, and the students don't care about consequences (they have parents that don't care, which impacts how they treat others). There were only two people I dealt with that actually cared: on school campus police and Ms. Hoose (in the office).

Posted September 29, 2010
Its a dump over there.. the students dont pay attention, it seems like they only go to school to look for trouble. It is VERY ghetto there and i regret letting my kid go there. They have drug dogs and police officers checking students like if they're criminals and and they have the whole school on lock-down with fences and cameras like if they're in prison. I must say though that I do like the way that they put the crosswalk on Rundberg Ln. so that no accidents happen.

Posted October 24, 2008
My son just recently started attending Dobie after transfering from out of state. I have to commend his teachers as well as the administration on the recognition and encouragement that they have given my son regarding his academics and talents. Though these things might seem small, they all add to the motivation of his success both now and in the future. Thanks to all of the Dobie staff and keep on encouraging and motivating the leaders of tomorrow!

Dobie Middle School 2

Posted October 11, 2007
This school have made some improvements with safety and academics. However,they still have a lot of room for improvement. They seem to be more focused on the dress code than academics. I regret allowing my son to attend this school. My son has become extremely negative because of the negative environment. I also noticed he has become lazy academically because the school does not give the kids homework ever! Therefore when they start high school they will fail every class because they are not accustom to homework! Most of the teachers are rude and act just as bad as the students. There are a few good staff members. Parents please do not allow your children or child to attend this school if you can help it. Or shall I say, if you care about your children succeeding academically.

Posted April 27, 2006
The school made a drastic turn around the last three years. The former principal and teachers worked hard to change the school by enforcing discipline, adding a dress code, and putting emphasis on education.

Posted August 24, 2005
The staff at Dobie tries so hard to help these students succeed and they are always upbeat and helpful. I have never seen such heart put into what they do.

Dobie Middle School
1200 East Rundberg Lane, Austin, TX  78753
Last modified Dobie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dobie Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top