Posted March 12, 2013
We have had nothing but good experiences at River Oaks. The new principal seems to motivate staff, and my kid is happy. Seems to me if you have an individual problem w your kid, a a specific adult, you would be more involved in the school.

Posted March 12, 2013
Just found out about this site. River Oaks is great. It is a TEA Recognized School! My daughter is happy here, and we really like her teacher. Check out the school website and see the photos and extra activities. We love it here.

River Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2013
One thing we like about our school is the diversity. Our kids are going to school with peers that are as diverse as what they will find in the real world. It's a good neighborhood school. Impressed by the test scores too.

River Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2013
I'm confused by the "GreatSchools Rating" of 3 for our school. With TAKS we've been a TEA Recognized School for a few years. With STAAR, we except the same, the best, from our kids. You should look beyond test scores, anyway. We have a great school.

Posted March 12, 2013
Not sure why the reviews here seem so off. Maybe it's the curse of all online reviews, anyone with an agenda can post. I just feel the need to balance it out for those of you really using this site to evaluate our school. Please come and participate. It is a good school.

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2012
Not impressed with this school at all. Discipline problems, apathetic teacher. My daughter is in 2nd grade. lot of trouble with other kids stealing her stuff, she comes home and tells me her classroom is too loud and disruptive to learn anything in. Tried to get in touch with teacher and principal with no response. If youre thinking of enrolling your child, you should fully research all your options.

Posted October 28, 2009
My daughter is in first grade here, and attended Kindergarten here as well, and we've been very impressed with both of her teachers and the leadership of Mrs. Khan as Principal.

River Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2008
I am used to being involved in my son's education but when I ask how he did on tests the teacher has no idea and will not look it up. When I come up there to look for missing papers every Friday she seems shocked. The missing paper are not in the HUGE pile of work that was sent home. She had them all along. If you ask her what the worksheet looks like she states that she does not have anymore. She can't even show you the Key so you can see what it looks like. My son was absent from school and she could not give him his work since she was out of worksheets. I am sure that the school has a printer the worksheets are all from online sites. The school is not focused on each child success.

Posted September 30, 2008
I am a single mother of a 5 year old little girl, who started K this year. I have been NOTHING but impressed and happy with this school. From registration to now, things have been wonderful. My daughter loves it, her teacher is dedicated and involved and it shows in my daughters behavior. She is excited to wake up and attend school and the YMCA after school program everyday!

River Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2008
this year, fall 07-08, was the first year that Mrs. Khan has been the principal. My son is in kindergarten so I don't really know the contrast, but understand that teachers are happier with new leadership. My son has done well and loves his class and teachers. They are very challenging this year - he has good homework every night. It's not draining, but a good start. I believe they are working out whatever kinks were leftover.

River Oaks Elementary School
12401 Scofield Farms Drive, Austin, TX  78758
Last modified River Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Oaks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top