Bad
Good

Posted March 08, 2016
One of the reasons I live River Oaks is because the class sizes are pretty small.

Posted October 14, 2015
The staff are so friendly and welcoming. My son looks forward to the high fives he gets every morning on the way into school. His teacher has been very amazing and easy to work with and talk to and always promptly answers any of my questions or concerns. The atmosphere at the school is great!

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2015
Being a student of the school from 1999-2004, I found that the school is one of the places that does have great teachers but have the potential to become a good school. However, the problem is when i was a child, I was bullied throughout my childhood years in that school and later become a bully myself when I was in 3rd grade. Most of the time, the school spend the time to listen to what the parents say but never give children the chance to speak their minds. Furthermore, I got picked on the most just because I was the unique one in the classroom that wrote tons of notes about the books I read and sometimes the teachers don't do anything to stop it. If the school can work on that along with building a home environment that supports the children's sense of belonging in the school and classroom, then it will be a great place (which i found it is not after I have came back and visit it in 2013 to see my teachers). I also wish that the teachers learn to handle misbehaviors as a sign of boredom and wanting something more out of learning rather than taking it as a sign of problem.

Posted March 12, 2013
We have had nothing but good experiences at River Oaks. The new principal seems to motivate staff, and my kid is happy. Seems to me if you have an individual problem w your kid, a a specific adult, you would be more involved in the school.

Posted March 12, 2013
Just found out about this site. River Oaks is great. It is a TEA Recognized School! My daughter is happy here, and we really like her teacher. Check out the school website and see the photos and extra activities. We love it here.

Posted March 12, 2013
One thing we like about our school is the diversity. Our kids are going to school with peers that are as diverse as what they will find in the real world. It's a good neighborhood school. Impressed by the test scores too.

Posted March 12, 2013
I'm confused by the "GreatSchools Rating" of 3 for our school. With TAKS we've been a TEA Recognized School for a few years. With STAAR, we except the same, the best, from our kids. You should look beyond test scores, anyway. We have a great school.

Posted March 12, 2013
Not sure why the reviews here seem so off. Maybe it's the curse of all online reviews, anyone with an agenda can post. I just feel the need to balance it out for those of you really using this site to evaluate our school. Please come and participate. It is a good school.

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2012
Not impressed with this school at all. Discipline problems, apathetic teacher. My daughter is in 2nd grade. lot of trouble with other kids stealing her stuff, she comes home and tells me her classroom is too loud and disruptive to learn anything in. Tried to get in touch with teacher and principal with no response. If youre thinking of enrolling your child, you should fully research all your options.

Posted October 28, 2009
My daughter is in first grade here, and attended Kindergarten here as well, and we've been very impressed with both of her teachers and the leadership of Mrs. Khan as Principal.

River Oaks Elementary School
12401 Scofield Farms Drive, Austin, TX  78758
Last modified River Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.