Bad
Good

My son has had a great experience at Parmer Lane in 2nd and 3rd grade after attending private school for K/1st. Discipline and respect are strong at this school and he has had excellent teachers so far. He has also received excellent services for dyslexia from Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Lewis. Many more affluent families in our neighborhood do not consider this school due to the high percentage of disadvantaged students. It's a mistake to rule the school out for this reason alone! I have found the majority of parents there to be caring and supportive. The small size has been an advantage for us as well. Finally, I appreciate the diverse environment for our son, who is adopted from overseas. Along with many Hispanic students there is a good balance of Asian, Caucasian and African American students.

My child went to this school for all of the 6 years (K-5).This school is horrible.There were always roaches, dead or alive, in the middle of the halls and in other impractical places.The staff did not care when she reported harassment, and on multiple occasions she was hurt by other students on the playground.In fact they would punish her for reporting said actions, but the aggressors did not receive any backlash.During the last few years attending this school, she told me their food had begun to go down hill (Example: Mold on hotdogs.This is why I pack her lunch).The quality of this school is not what it used to be.I hope people reconsider sending their children here.

My son attended Parmer Lane from 1st-5th. We were extremely dissatisfied with this school. I would find another school to send my child to. There is not enough supervision on the playground. I am also very dissatisfied with the curriculum and the teaching staff. It is a very poor school in this regard.

I have been very dissatisfied with the instructional focus and have deciced to look into alternatives after 4 frustrating years.

The teachers and staff seem to genuinely care about the students.

My girl has been going to the KG program for the past 6 months. We are very pleased with the quality of teaching. We love our teachers at this school. Even thought

Last modified Parmer Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.