Austin, TX

Parmer Lane Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2015
My son has had a great experience at Parmer Lane in 2nd and 3rd grade after attending private school for K/1st. Discipline and respect are strong at this school and he has had excellent teachers so far. He has also received excellent services for dyslexia from Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Lewis. Many more affluent families in our neighborhood do not consider this school due to the high percentage of disadvantaged students. It's a mistake to rule the school out for this reason alone! I have found the majority of parents there to be caring and supportive. The small size has been an advantage for us as well. Finally, I appreciate the diverse environment for our son, who is adopted from overseas. Along with many Hispanic students there is a good balance of Asian, Caucasian and African American students.

Parmer Lane Elementary School 1

Posted April 04, 2015
My child went to this school for all of the 6 years (K-5).This school is horrible.There were always roaches, dead or alive, in the middle of the halls and in other impractical places.The staff did not care when she reported harassment, and on multiple occasions she was hurt by other students on the playground.In fact they would punish her for reporting said actions, but the aggressors did not receive any backlash.During the last few years attending this school, she told me their food had begun to go down hill (Example: Mold on hotdogs.This is why I pack her lunch).The quality of this school is not what it used to be.I hope people reconsider sending their children here.

Parmer Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2012
My son attended Parmer Lane from 1st-5th. We were extremely dissatisfied with this school. I would find another school to send my child to. There is not enough supervision on the playground. I am also very dissatisfied with the curriculum and the teaching staff. It is a very poor school in this regard.

Parmer Lane Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2010
I have been very dissatisfied with the instructional focus and have deciced to look into alternatives after 4 frustrating years.

Parmer Lane Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2008
The teachers and staff seem to genuinely care about the students.

Posted January 20, 2008
My girl has been going to the KG program for the past 6 months. We are very pleased with the quality of teaching. We love our teachers at this school. Even thought

Parmer Lane Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2006
Academically this school is fine; however, socially, this school is too diverse. We were there for 5 years and progressively saw the school's focus turn to non-English speaking students (there were so many). We wanted a different environment.

Posted August 03, 2005
We've been at Parmer Lane for 1 year and have been very pleased. The PTO is very active and the parents are very involved at Parmer.

Posted February 28, 2005
The only thing that I do not care for is where the school is located. It is right off one of the busiest streets in Austin and during rush hour it is a little dangerous for our kids to walk to school. However, in the neighborhood streets right behind the school they do have a police officer montoring the speed limits. At least they are making the effort to make it safe for our children.

Parmer Lane Elementary School
1806 West Parmer Lane, Austin, TX  78727
Last modified Parmer Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parmer Lane Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top