Austin, TX

Posted October 16, 2013
Northwest Elementary teachers and staff are top notch! The PTO is strong and involved and makes it more of a community of family feeling. This is our 4th year in the school and we couldn't be happier with the GT structure and literacy push. I really like the positive reinforcement and positive role model the teacher and staff set forth. This school is the smaller of the two Wells Branch elementary schools, but this school is far more friendlier and catering to its students. Their classroom size is under the TEA classroom cap and it makes a big difference in the amount of time each student gets with teachers and staff. Way to go Northwest!

Posted October 10, 2013
Northwest is an amazing school with caring and warm staff. There are great opportunities for students who are academically advanced (gifted or not) like Destination Imagination, Science Fair, Math Pentathalon, Duke TIP and Geo Bee. Also, they started a piano program in music this year that is wonderful.

Posted August 07, 2012
LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!! My kids having been attending for 3 years and going on the 4th year and we love it and i love the teachers!!!! The PTO is very active and all the teachers are very into the kids and doing what they need and what is best for them. principal is only been principal for a little bit but hes doing a good job but would do better if he got out there and was more friendly and not as much standoffish sometimes. LOVE THE TEACHERS!!!!!

Posted May 11, 2011
This school is stellar. The teachers are fantastic and the administration has been wonderful. The Pflex program has been wonderful for my son and differentiation in the classroom has helped him remain challenged while also allowing him time with his same age peers. Certainly there have been things I did not love come up now and then, overall I have loved the experience and my son has flourished.

Northwest Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2011
i had heard good things about this school but this year my child started kindergarten and have not been impressed. Instead of it being focused on education they are concerned about behavior and sitting still. My child was tested above average but his teacher told me in the conference he might not pass kinder because of his active personality. They are all about positive reinforcement but once they label your child, even if they are good kids, its over...sad to say.

Posted April 02, 2009
I love this school. The teachers are great and understanding. They have 3 playscapes students love.

Posted March 05, 2009
Northwest has been rated Recognized for the past 2 school years (06-07) and (07-08). The rating of 5 out of 10 on this website is really out of whack. Northwest is an excellent school. Most teachers have been there for 10+ years it seems, the Principal is awesome, and the all the staff know both my kids by name. I have been very pleased with this school from day one. I recommend to any parent considering this school to visit the school & meet with the Principal firsthand. I would be very surprised if you did not have a positive impression.

Northwest Elementary School

Posted October 15, 2008
Our son is in his second year at Northwest. The school is very diverse and very successful in their pursuit of Academic excellence. The Staff is knowledgeable, helpful and always accessible. The PTO is strong and seems to generate interests in all the activities. I am uncertain why the GreatSchools Rating is not higher given its 'Reconized' status and other favorable stats.

Northwest Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2007
The staff is so wonderful and caring. This school has a very low teacher turnover rate and they are all very committed. The principal is great but the assistant principal doesn't go out of his way to get to know everyone. He doesn't seem to know the names of the students and parents.

Northwest Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2007
My son is a special needs child and has attended NW Elem. for 2nd and 3rd grade. The overall school does not score high in my opinion but their PASS support, counselors, and testing personnel are excellent. They have done so much to help my child obtain the resources he needs to succeed in school, both socially and academically. The teachers he has had these two years have been great. We did do a teacher swap during the first semester of school due to the first room being too much stimulation, however, the teacher was still great. Most schools tend to shove aside the children who require a bit more attention and assistance. This schools PASS support has done a fabulous job in working with my son and I so we could all have a successful year.

Northwest Elementary School
14014 Thermal Drive, Austin, TX  78728
Last modified Northwest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top