Westview Middle School 5

Posted September 12, 2014
I taught at Westview, and it's an extremely positive environment for students. It has a diverse population and meets the needs of both struggling and advanced learners. As of 2014 it is considered by TEA to be one of the best middle schools in the state in terms of growth in student achievement. It also has strong programs in the arts.

Westview Middle School 1

Posted August 18, 2013
Teachers can careless they don't return calls or emails, office staff are rude and kick start is over the top. I walked into the office and on my way I heard so may swear words it was amazing, I asked the office staff if they controlled the behavior of the children and she shrugged her sholders, also my daughter was to scared to eat in the cafeteria becuase of the behavior of 8th grade boys, I also complained to office and I was told aww thats a shame. The only half way good thing is the band class.

Posted August 17, 2013
We have been pleased with Westview Middle School. Our son takes primarily pre-ap classes. Mr. Ward, principal, is in charge, positive, and shows endless energy. It is contagious and the teachers seem to feel inspired by his support and presence. The teachers we have had were strong, challenged my son, and were responsive to parent inquiry. Is it perfect...of course not...but the teachers and administration care about all students and there is a good education available there if you and your child want it.

Westview Middle School 2

Posted May 20, 2013
Westview Middle School needs some improvement. It is full of teenage thugs who could careless about their academic abilities. I am currently attending the choir program and we have had about 6 different teachers in one year. New teachers should be hired. I am a A-B honer roll student but the whole school's academic ability is pretty poor. The descipline is very high but a lot of students tend to not care about the rules and just break them whether they are in front of a teacher or not. They cuss, talk back, get into fights, eat in class, etc. They dont care if they get sent to ISS, Detention, or O.C ; they keep on having a rebellious behavior. I would not recommend inrolling your child into this school. Please inroll your child into a school in a better area with children who have better mind sets and academic abilities. ; eigther way the students are very rebellious.

Posted January 24, 2013
To be honest, I was conflicted about sending my daughter to school here due to past school ratings and negative comments from people (which personally I feel are often based on racism as the school's population is diverse). However I wanted to make the right decision so I called the 6th grade Principal & Counselor the Summer before school started. Both allayed my concerns & I could tell they really cared. I have been very happy with Westview since the new Principal, Mr. Ward, started mid-school year in 2012. If you are looking at reviews, it is important to look at reviews since he started in 2012. Mr. Ward has done a complete 180 on this school. One change I've really liked is how he focuses a lot on rewarding kids who are doing well with recognition programs (vs. too much focus on under-achievers). He also has high expectations for academic achievement and wants more pre-AP participation. Westview is the only PISD middle school with an orchestra program. I am an involved parent and I wish more parents were involved. If you are considering this school, please visit the Principal and make an informed decision.

Posted January 18, 2013
Westview has had its ups and downs but it is definitely UPS right now. The Administration should be commended on their positive attitudes and morale. Thanks to Mr. Ward for being so conscientious. I as a parent appreciate him and I think the teachers look happier. I think discipline was a problem in the past but it is being addressed every day which makes the morale at the school great. I feel it every time I walk in there. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I go to the PTA meetings and I think there could be more parent involvement. That would give this school an A+.

Posted January 15, 2013
Westview MS has made tremendous, positive changes in just one year. Our new principal, Mr. Ward and his revived staff have made changes and it shows. Morale, student acceptance and behavior is clearly noticeable.. Many parents have commented on the positive changes that continue to occur on a daily basis. Administrators follow through on promised tasks, progress updates are reported to parents and parents are kept involved. Such a refreshing difference in such a short time. Your continued dedication to our children is greatly appreciated. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

Westview Middle School 1

Posted January 07, 2013
Probably one of the most unprofessional environments. Treatment to students and parents are unbecoming. Concerns are shadowed and parents are left with merely "we'll address it". I am confused, I thought educators were to encourage our future to excel not degrade and punished by preventing them engage in school sports.

Posted April 27, 2012
For students who want to do good in school westview it great. The teachers really try to help you and make you better. Westview just seems bad because most of the students really don't care about what they will do in the future. They make westview seem really bad.

Posted February 22, 2010
Westview middle school is a great school the teachers are focus on wat there doin. being a student here is really exiting but in so many ways theres something goin on. westview is a place where you want to send your kids when in middle school

Westview Middle School
1805 Scofield Lane, Austin, TX  78727
Last modified Westview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top