Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 31, 2016
The music teacher was great she did whatever she could, he kept in contact, she followed up regularly, she even practiced more with my girls to help them prefect playing their instruments. So thank you for all that you do.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 31, 2016
Again ONLY one teacher was just great with my girls. The others left me with complete and utter pause.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 31, 2016
The homework was a fair amount however some of the instructions weren't clear and would I called a few of the teachers I had to wait days for a response back

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2016
As far as my children are concerned I received more help from the music teacher, she spoke highly of them, worked with them, & helped to guide them in the right direction. The other teachers acted as if they were too preoccupied to even care.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2016
A school that respects their students would treat them better. However I have to say the music teacher was great with my child and did whatever was required to help her within reason.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2016
This school treated my child like she was a waste of time. They had more complaints than solutions. And the sad part is she's an honor roll student

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2016
I have personally witness a room full of my child's teachers speaking so highly of her and how she was a good student but then behind her back tripping her up

Fulmore Middle School 1

Posted May 31, 2016
I have had 2 children attend this school. At first I thought maybe it was me as parent until I met with some of the teachers. Then I discovered its the faculty. This is not a good school. The building is old, the person who answers the phone is rude, the building has a weird smell to it, I had to pay almost $30.00 for an unreturned library book that was found weeks later in the locker of another student, but I wasn't given a refund, the teacher's ARE NOT supportive of your children, they call them names like dummy or stupid, I received constant calls for ridiculous reasons, mainly because my child had to go to the bathroom but the teacher refused to let her go, so she went anyway then that individual wrote her up for skipping class, I also got a call because my child sharpened her pencil during class, and another because she looked Ber teacher up and down. One teacher in particular gave my child an F but couldn't give a valid reason why when most of her grades were 85-100. And it wasn't until I made some nose that her grades were corrected. Please send pick a better school for the sake of your child's educated. These babies deserve a fighting chance. Not Fulmore.

Fulmore Middle School 4

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter has loved her first year in the Fulmore magnet program. The teachers and magnet director are dedicated and caring. The students feel that teachers are available and care about their classes. My other child went to the Kealing magnet and loved it too. This child chose Fulmore, due to the fun atmosphere, liberal arts focus and she did not want to daily (and weekend) hours of homework. For her, Fulmore has been a good choice. Still regular homework, but not as overwhelming. She is learning a lot this year and having fun too.The other kids are very friendly and they have fun together in the magnet program. Lots of cool after school programs and tutoring from their teachers too.

Fulmore Middle School 5

Posted January 22, 2014
My son is in eighth grade at Fulmore in the magnet program. He has had an incredible experience there. The teachers are very creative in their approach and extremely committed to the students' academic and personal growth. The magnet principal, Debra Price, goes over and above to make sure every student is on the right academic track. My son is pretty shy and while the first year was a little rough he has grown so much and is now a very confident, happy 8th grader, very prepared for high school. We are so satisfied with the program that my 6th grader -- who was accepted to the program but decided to go to another middle school -- has transferred there at the semester. Already she is thriving and so much happier. No school is perfect, but Fulmore is a truly special place, with a heart of gold and a program to match.

201 East Mary Street, Austin, TX  78704
Last modified Fulmore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.