Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter has loved her first year in the Fulmore magnet program. The teachers and magnet director are dedicated and caring. The students feel that teachers are available and care about their classes. My other child went to the Kealing magnet and loved it too. This child chose Fulmore, due to the fun atmosphere, liberal arts focus and she did not want to daily (and weekend) hours of homework. For her, Fulmore has been a good choice. Still regular homework, but not as overwhelming. She is learning a lot this year and having fun too.The other kids are very friendly and they have fun together in the magnet program. Lots of cool after school programs and tutoring from their teachers too.

Posted January 22, 2014
My son is in eighth grade at Fulmore in the magnet program. He has had an incredible experience there. The teachers are very creative in their approach and extremely committed to the students' academic and personal growth. The magnet principal, Debra Price, goes over and above to make sure every student is on the right academic track. My son is pretty shy and while the first year was a little rough he has grown so much and is now a very confident, happy 8th grader, very prepared for high school. We are so satisfied with the program that my 6th grader -- who was accepted to the program but decided to go to another middle school -- has transferred there at the semester. Already she is thriving and so much happier. No school is perfect, but Fulmore is a truly special place, with a heart of gold and a program to match.

Posted January 20, 2014
My daughter is in the middle of her first year at Fulmore in the magnet program. Fulmore has been a good fit for her. Gifted; yet not motivated to spend her entire life doing homework - yet needs to be more challenged than a traditional curriculum. The magnet director is communicative and friendly. The staff has been more than welcoming. The teachers are committed and available for after hours tutoring. We've taken advantage of the tutoring and the after school GT club. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well my child adapted to Fulmore. She is happy and thriving.

Posted January 17, 2014
We have had a very positive experience with the Magnet program at Fulmore. My son is in 7th grade and in his second year at Fulmore. He is challenged and stimulated by the classes, and we have been very impressed with the background and pedagogical skills of the teachers. Fulmore is much less segregated than Kealing, and my son has learned a great deal from being part of a diverse student body that has a majority of Latino students. As with any urban middle school, behavior issues occasionally arise. However, the administration handles these problems appropriately, and they really do not impact day-to-day experience at the school. The Magnet administrators are very accessible and deeply committed to the success of the kids and the program. I recommend Fulmore highly.

Fulmore Middle School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
We pulled our son out of AISD because of our dismal experience here. His best friend, ranked near the top of his class, left for eighth grade elsewhere. The magnet program is a far cry from Kealing's, by comparison something of a joke. The principal is not a people-person (to say the least). The problem is not with the teachers, most of whom are well qualified and caring, but with the lack of support they receive from the administration, in my perception as a parent. Some of the best magnet teachers have left, which bodes poorly for the school's chances of improvement.

Posted June 10, 2013
My son was at Fulmore for his 8th grade year. The SCORES Program for students on the Autism Spectrum is outstanding at providing the support our students need. All of his teachers, counselors, and administrators were great with working with him to succeed. Not only did he learn a great deal academically, he also learned how to succeed in a large school, with students from many different backgrounds.

Fulmore Middle School 1

Posted April 09, 2013
My child spent his 7th grade year in the Fulmore Magnet program and learned nothing. His teachers were rude and he was bullied by other students. Not only that, the teachers did nothing to help him! He also mentioned that there was a lot of racists among his peers, and I don't think that a middle school student should be discriminating against other races without the teachers doing something about it, and obviously they haven't. The Magnet program was a fantastic idea, but it separates the magnet students from the other students and therefore automatically creates a rift between them. I give this school, if you can call it that, one star and I would never recommend sending your child there unless it's as a punishment.

Fulmore Middle School 1

Posted July 29, 2012
My son spent the entire year in the so called Magnet Program, the only thing that means is these students are subjected to Bullying and Harassment by Students, Teachers and Administration alike. As a parent that is an Advocate for my sons protections under Section 504 the school refused to protect and teach my child in a safe environment. Instead my entire family was subjected to Retaliation and Harassment by the Director of the program. My sons transfer was revoked due to his disability and his parents advocacy for his protections. My son also witnessed the child that was beaten by several other boys and called me in hysteria that "he was next" the Principal and Staff have tried to cover up this incident as well as others, until we complained to District Officials nothing was being done to make campus safer. Director of Magnet told my son during a staff meeting with me included to "Stop Being a Victim". Currently we have been notified by the US Department of Education that an Official Investigation is in the initial stages and that they will investigate all of our allegations into AISD-Fulmore. We will be placing our children in another district pending Investigation.

Posted April 13, 2012
We are almost done with our son's first year at Fulmore, and I give it a mixed but overall positive review. I don't think any school, particularly a middle school, could be perfect in every way! But our son's experience has overall been positive, especially with his teachers - he is definitely being challenged and excited intellectually which is really something to prize in a middle school! The other students in the magnet program are also a major plus, being smart, interesting, caring kids. That said, there seems to be a good deal of bullying and this year, some chaotic situations in common areas (outside, cafeteria, hallways) - the school is working to remedy/alleviate this, however, and the communication with the administration has improved a hundred-fold. We hope the atmosphere will continue to improve. My son knows he is getting a good education and wishes to stay, and he has definitely learned to cope with some challenging situations during his first year at Fulmore. A recent event where several students got into a fight while outside was horrible but reports of numbers of students involved and the degree of violence, lack of supervision, etc., have been exaggerated.

Fulmore Middle School 3

Posted January 08, 2012
I am in 8th grade as a student at Fulmore( in the magnet program) and I would say it's eh. There are some really good teachers who actually make you use your brain in different ways (Stronger points are Pre Ap Science and English) and others just don't seem to care. The math program is not particulary good and there are lots of punishments for just small mistakes from the students. A lot of the staff don't seem to be changing anything and I don't know where the "Humanities" part to the magnet program is, although the Law courses are really good. Lots of gangsters who are usually racist to the other students. It can be "advanced" at times but I feel like in some courses we are just repeating the same worksheets and textbook work every year. Kinda glad to get out of this school but there are some stronger points to the fine arts. It's not quite what it's cracked up to be.

Fulmore Middle School
201 Mary Street East, Austin, TX  78704
Last modified Fulmore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fulmore Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top