Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Again ONLY one teacher was just great with my girls. The others left me with complete and utter pause.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework was a fair amount however some of the instructions weren't clear and would I called a few of the teachers I had to wait days for a response back

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I have personally witness a room full of my child's teachers speaking so highly of her and how she was a good student but then behind her back tripping her up

I have had 2 children attend this school. At first I thought maybe it was me as parent until I met with some of the teachers. Then I discovered its the faculty. This is not a good school. The building is old, the person who answers the phone is rude, the building has a weird smell to it, I had to pay almost $30.00 for an unreturned library book that was found weeks later in the locker of another student, but I wasn't given a refund, the teacher's ARE NOT supportive of your children, they call them names like dummy or stupid, I received constant calls for ridiculous reasons, mainly because my child had to go to the bathroom but the teacher refused to let her go, so she went anyway then that individual wrote her up for skipping class, I also got a call because my child sharpened her pencil during class, and another because she looked Ber teacher up and down. One teacher in particular gave my child an F but couldn't give a valid reason why when most of her grades were 85-100. And it wasn't until I made some nose that her grades were corrected. Please send pick a better school for the sake of your child's educated. These babies deserve a fighting chance. Not Fulmore.

My daughter has loved her first year in the Fulmore magnet program. The teachers and magnet director are dedicated and caring. The students feel that teachers are available and care about their classes. My other child went to the Kealing magnet and loved it too. This child chose Fulmore, due to the fun atmosphere, liberal arts focus and she did not want to daily (and weekend) hours of homework. For her, Fulmore has been a good choice. Still regular homework, but not as overwhelming. She is learning a lot this year and having fun too.The other kids are very friendly and they have fun together in the magnet program. Lots of cool after school programs and tutoring from their teachers too.

My son is in eighth grade at Fulmore in the magnet program. He has had an incredible experience there. The teachers are very creative in their approach and extremely committed to the students' academic and personal growth. The magnet principal, Debra Price, goes over and above to make sure every student is on the right academic track. My son is pretty shy and while the first year was a little rough he has grown so much and is now a very confident, happy 8th grader, very prepared for high school. We are so satisfied with the program that my 6th grader -- who was accepted to the program but decided to go to another middle school -- has transferred there at the semester. Already she is thriving and so much happier. No school is perfect, but Fulmore is a truly special place, with a heart of gold and a program to match.

My daughter is in the middle of her first year at Fulmore in the magnet program. Fulmore has been a good fit for her. Gifted; yet not motivated to spend her entire life doing homework - yet needs to be more challenged than a traditional curriculum. The magnet director is communicative and friendly. The staff has been more than welcoming. The teachers are committed and available for after hours tutoring. We've taken advantage of the tutoring and the after school GT club. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well my child adapted to Fulmore. She is happy and thriving.

We have had a very positive experience with the Magnet program at Fulmore. My son is in 7th grade and in his second year at Fulmore. He is challenged and stimulated by the classes, and we have been very impressed with the background and pedagogical skills of the teachers. Fulmore is much less segregated than Kealing, and my son has learned a great deal from being part of a diverse student body that has a majority of Latino students. As with any urban middle school, behavior issues occasionally arise. However, the administration handles these problems appropriately, and they really do not impact day-to-day experience at the school. The Magnet administrators are very accessible and deeply committed to the success of the kids and the program. I recommend Fulmore highly.

We pulled our son out of AISD because of our dismal experience here. His best friend, ranked near the top of his class, left for eighth grade elsewhere. The magnet program is a far cry from Kealing's, by comparison something of a joke. The principal is not a people-person (to say the least). The problem is not with the teachers, most of whom are well qualified and caring, but with the lack of support they receive from the administration, in my perception as a parent. Some of the best magnet teachers have left, which bodes poorly for the school's chances of improvement.

My son was at Fulmore for his 8th grade year. The SCORES Program for students on the Autism Spectrum is outstanding at providing the support our students need. All of his teachers, counselors, and administrators were great with working with him to succeed. Not only did he learn a great deal academically, he also learned how to succeed in a large school, with students from many different backgrounds.

Last modified Fulmore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.