Austin, TX
Students enrolled: 1,947

Posted April 26, 2015
My child attends this school.They are currently a senior, and they have loved the school for all 4 years.They're actually pretty sad to graduate next month because of all of the opportunities presented by the school.The activities they enjoy that the school provides well are mathematics and culinary (a subject I haven't seen in many other high schools).Also, the students aren't as bad as other schools I've seen.They have a lot of friends there, and the over all environment is inviting to new people.I highly recommend this school to prepare your children for the real world.

John B Connally High School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is horrible, I'm currently a senior, and I transferred here in the beginning of the school year. If you're thinking about transferring your kid here, don't do it. Every administrator I've met so far and talked to are very rude and disrespectful. I understand that a lot of the kids here are pretty "bad" very mean and crude or whatever else. These administrators has probably been through a lot dealing with a exceptional amount of delinquents but it's gotten to the point where they don't have respect for any student because of it. They shouldn't be so biased about their students, because I'm a respectful person and I honestly understand why these kids are rude to them. They don't try to listen or understand at all.

Posted October 28, 2012
Both of my children are currently attending Connally and our family could not be happier! Diversity, opportunity, enthusiasm - all of these things are part their quality education. Debate, sports, languages, music (band/orchestra/choir), culinary, theater arts, etc - most have active parent groups with an active PTA on top of that. Connally has been first in the district to implement many new programs successfully and continues to be forward thinking. Great school!

Posted June 21, 2011
Fantastic school. Graduated in 2009. Connally is such a diverse school with people from all over the world. The teachers and principals are great. It has one of the best high school newspapers in the nation along with other activities

Posted December 02, 2010
I am so pleased to have a student at Connally. The teachers are caring and responsive. The extracurricular activities are great (terrific orchestra program and the theatre department is AWESOME). The AP classes have prepared my child well for college. What I love most is the diversity at Connally. Such a wonderful mix ethnically, socioeconomically, racially and religiously. Glad to have my student at a school that reflects the real world.

Posted April 06, 2010
i would have never choosen another high school to attend not only did i meet great life long friends gain so many life skills i loved the staff they were family after my first year and i would move home to have my child attend the same school because it as so great for me and my family

Posted December 15, 2009
Connally is a great school. I have a freshman there this year. The teachers keep informed and are quick to respond to emails. The online grade book is very helpful to keep track of my kids grades and assignments. The orchestra program is awesome! Also, I like how the freshman core classes are in 2 hallways along with their lockers. I believe it makes it a better transition going into the high school environment. The administrators are great. The teachers really care about their students. If a student is disrupting the class, they will send them out of the classroom, so the rest of the class is not missing out on the learning.

Posted December 03, 2009
This school is great, academics are high and athletics are high, there are numerous possibilites out of Connally. Especially if your student is looking to go D1 in college sports, or any division at that, athletics are elite

Posted October 28, 2009
I have 2 boys that are current students and I love it. They have always kept me informed on any academic concerns and progress and the staff is great. My boys are a and b students and proud of them and thankful for their teachers.

Posted June 17, 2009
I have two kids that have attented chs and has graduted. I think that chs is a good school just needs to get better staff in the office. So that when you call you don't get all the attidue that they want to give you. Also have two other kids that will go there and one will finish 2009-2010

13212 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX  78753
Last modified John B Connally High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John B Connally High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top