Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, ive witnessed a teacher buck up to a student. Lie on a student, etc. I have mentioned concerns that I was told would be discussed and that never happened. They expect you to turn the other cheek and most parents only hear the negatives from administration and staff.

I met Principal Ward and he seems like he is on the right path with Connally, however, ive been informed and experienced his lack of involvement and interaction with minority staff members. Assistant Principal Reed can be very rude and none approachable at times, she seems to take anything you say or do personal when that shouldn't be the case. Some of the staff is awesome, some complain that they don't want to be at Connally and their attitudes reflect on the students. The students aren't the issue at Connally, it is some of the staff. Staff mistreat each other and the students. I have witnessed it and not proud of it. Connally would not be a choice for my student to attend. The environment is dark, has NO MORAL and it takes a village, not just one person in this matter to make a difference. They need an Assistant Principal that compliments the Principle and has his energetic and loving personality, the Assistant Principle is in fact the one you converse with before seeing the Principal for any situation that calls for that degree of administration. The school & the staff needs life in order to give life to our students. The good teachers get unnoticed due to the inconsiderate and rude teachers. Sad, but true.

My child attends this school.They are currently a senior, and they have loved the school for all 4 years.They're actually pretty sad to graduate next month because of all of the opportunities presented by the school.The activities they enjoy that the school provides well are mathematics and culinary (a subject I haven't seen in many other high schools).Also, the students aren't as bad as other schools I've seen.They have a lot of friends there, and the over all environment is inviting to new people.I highly recommend this school to prepare your children for the real world.

This school is horrible, I'm currently a senior, and I transferred here in the beginning of the school year. If you're thinking about transferring your kid here, don't do it. Every administrator I've met so far and talked to are very rude and disrespectful. I understand that a lot of the kids here are pretty "bad" very mean and crude or whatever else. These administrators has probably been through a lot dealing with a exceptional amount of delinquents but it's gotten to the point where they don't have respect for any student because of it. They shouldn't be so biased about their students, because I'm a respectful person and I honestly understand why these kids are rude to them. They don't try to listen or understand at all.

Both of my children are currently attending Connally and our family could not be happier! Diversity, opportunity, enthusiasm - all of these things are part their quality education. Debate, sports, languages, music (band/orchestra/choir), culinary, theater arts, etc - most have active parent groups with an active PTA on top of that. Connally has been first in the district to implement many new programs successfully and continues to be forward thinking. Great school!

Fantastic school. Graduated in 2009. Connally is such a diverse school with people from all over the world. The teachers and principals are great. It has one of the best high school newspapers in the nation along with other activities

I am so pleased to have a student at Connally. The teachers are caring and responsive. The extracurricular activities are great (terrific orchestra program and the theatre department is AWESOME). The AP classes have prepared my child well for college. What I love most is the diversity at Connally. Such a wonderful mix ethnically, socioeconomically, racially and religiously. Glad to have my student at a school that reflects the real world.

i would have never choosen another high school to attend not only did i meet great life long friends gain so many life skills i loved the staff they were family after my first year and i would move home to have my child attend the same school because it as so great for me and my family

Connally is a great school. I have a freshman there this year. The teachers keep informed and are quick to respond to emails. The online grade book is very helpful to keep track of my kids grades and assignments. The orchestra program is awesome! Also, I like how the freshman core classes are in 2 hallways along with their lockers. I believe it makes it a better transition going into the high school environment. The administrators are great. The teachers really care about their students. If a student is disrupting the class, they will send them out of the classroom, so the rest of the class is not missing out on the learning.

This school is great, academics are high and athletics are high, there are numerous possibilites out of Connally. Especially if your student is looking to go D1 in college sports, or any division at that, athletics are elite

Last modified John B Connally High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.