Bad
Good

Bad leadership, poor teaching. Started homeschooling after my child was hit by teacher. My children are happier and are actually learning now that I've pulled them.

My oldest child is finishing 2nd grade here and her younger brother is finishing his kindergarten year. My wife and I have been very involved with the school, have gotten to know the staff and couldn't be happier with the teachers and administration. The music program is phenomenal; the teachers at every grade level are inspired, skilled, and extremely involved with their students; the various community outreach activities the school performs are well thought out and executed; and the advancement I've seen in my children is excellent. The school faces many challenges stemming from some of the areas serviced and schools servicing similar demographics (~85% economically disadvantaged) do not fare well; however, Copperfield routinely delivers excellent results, especially in comparison to similar schools. Our family is ready to move out of our starter home, but we've decided to wait at least until our oldest finishes 5th grade as I'm not convinced that a more affluent neighborhood will provide as good of an education. The middle school in the area is, unfortunately, less appealing and we will try to avoid it.

I feel like we made a great choice moving to this area so we could attend a PISD school. We had no idea how great that choice was...Copperfield is so wonderful and we feel so lucky to have both ou children educated there. Every techer our children have had were exceptional. We have had a small concern with lack of visibility from the principal, but her administrative team makes up for it. We see them outside nearly everyday morning and afternoon talking with the students and other parents. The 2007-08 PTO was also a mark on the overall reputation, especially the ex-president and her VP, as they were unresponsive to other ideas that did not match her agenda. Oh well; good riddance to bad apples I guess. Thank goodness for Copperfield!!!

I have had all of my children attend this school. I have seen this school dwindle over the years. They have lost so many wonderful teachers only to be replaced with not so experienced teachers. To me, it seems this school is turning into a bilingual school. This is not fair to the other students that get 'shut-out'.

Last modified Copperfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.