Copperfield Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
Bad leadership, poor teaching. Started homeschooling after my child was hit by teacher. My children are happier and are actually learning now that I've pulled them.

Posted May 24, 2011
My oldest child is finishing 2nd grade here and her younger brother is finishing his kindergarten year. My wife and I have been very involved with the school, have gotten to know the staff and couldn't be happier with the teachers and administration. The music program is phenomenal; the teachers at every grade level are inspired, skilled, and extremely involved with their students; the various community outreach activities the school performs are well thought out and executed; and the advancement I've seen in my children is excellent. The school faces many challenges stemming from some of the areas serviced and schools servicing similar demographics (~85% economically disadvantaged) do not fare well; however, Copperfield routinely delivers excellent results, especially in comparison to similar schools. Our family is ready to move out of our starter home, but we've decided to wait at least until our oldest finishes 5th grade as I'm not convinced that a more affluent neighborhood will provide as good of an education. The middle school in the area is, unfortunately, less appealing and we will try to avoid it.

Posted October 23, 2008
I feel like we made a great choice moving to this area so we could attend a PISD school. We had no idea how great that choice was...Copperfield is so wonderful and we feel so lucky to have both ou children educated there. Every techer our children have had were exceptional. We have had a small concern with lack of visibility from the principal, but her administrative team makes up for it. We see them outside nearly everyday morning and afternoon talking with the students and other parents. The 2007-08 PTO was also a mark on the overall reputation, especially the ex-president and her VP, as they were unresponsive to other ideas that did not match her agenda. Oh well; good riddance to bad apples I guess. Thank goodness for Copperfield!!!

Copperfield Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2008
I have had all of my children attend this school. I have seen this school dwindle over the years. They have lost so many wonderful teachers only to be replaced with not so experienced teachers. To me, it seems this school is turning into a bilingual school. This is not fair to the other students that get 'shut-out'.

Posted June 05, 2007

Copperfield Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2006

Posted March 23, 2006
My son began kindergarten last year. I was afraid that he may not 'take' a liking to a bigger school. He absolutely loves Copperfield Elementary. The teachers (Miss Higgins) are tops for getting him so enamored with learning. He has so much fun learning. He is kept busy with his specials, centers......art, music, gym, reading and so much more. He is learning (and loving it) things about science, nature, math, etc. He can read too! The teachers are out on the campus before and after school to make sure the kids are okay, and there are no problems. I was so glad to hear that! The teachers take even more of their time to ensure our childrens' safety. I only hope this gets back to all the teachers at Copperfield and a special thank you to Principal Dr. Bell for doing such a fabulous job with and for all our children. Thank you!

Posted January 21, 2006
Copperfield is a very good school. The teachers and staff are very supportive.

Posted January 11, 2006
My children will never forget Cooperfield School. We moved to the south of Austin and we realized that the level of learning and dicipline at Cooperfield was incomparable. I congratulate the whole staff for their effort. Thank you for teaching my children and instilling in them a sense of discipline.

Posted July 07, 2005
The principal is not hands on. She gives the day to day responsiblities of running the school to the assistant principal. The teachers for the most part are concerned about the kids. There are lots of extra tutoring, and educational opportunities. There are also opportunities for spanish parents to learn the English language.

Copperfield Elementary School
12135 Thompkins Drive, Austin, TX  78753
Last modified Copperfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copperfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top