Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The leadership at this school is terrible. The school "appears" to be great, but has numerous problems.

My son has been in attendance since he was in the PreK program. He is now in the 5th grade and we absolutely love the 5th grade set up! Teachers are amazing, the separate building gives them a sense of independence, and the middle school prep is great. The parent involvement is great as well. The negatives: WAY TOO CROWDED! Word got out and now it's full of crummy portables-it's almost at 1,000 students! It was 550 when my child started at Hill! Increase in non-Austin natives. To us true Austinites you'll understand. Nobody waves or smiles at you like they did 3 years ago. The new housing brought more Dallasites and it shows. Many of the great long term teachers are retired or in admin positions. It was such a great school but it's just like any other overpopulated AISD elementary school. Not sure why people buy in this area-middle and high school are terrible!!!

Hill Elementary is a indeed a GREAT school. My daughter is brilliant and is doing an AMAZING job.

Principal Newton is an incredible leader, and she hires great teachers! We are very happy at Hill!

Amount of homework: Disagree

We don't believe in homework in elementary school, so we could do without it! Most people would likely say that there isn't too much homework.

Hill elemtary is Awesome sauce like my kid's say, I have two 2nd graders now going to 3rd grade Thanks to the Great Teachers. Nice and Welcoming office staff, And let's not forget all the Great Volunteers, And the people behind the scenes maintenance/janitors.. We will miss this Great School. Hope to see everyone soon. Love The Capetillo Family

This is a wonderful school that has great attention to its students. The programs are challenging, the community strong, and the atmosphere conducive to great learning. The teachers are excellent in every way. Way to go, Hill!

Hill is a great school!! We are so lucky that our child gets to go to the best school in Austin. Although my child is not in special education, the special education teacher often goes out of his way to provide advice to me and to help my child learn. He is amazing!!!!!!!

Although this is not our home school, we chose to put our son in the Pre-k program there. The teachers are great and the parents are VERY involved. My son has a speech issue (articulation). The speech therapist is amazing. My son s speech improved much in his year there. I would definitely recommend the school!

Ok, so I have been reading the past four reviews (sounds like the 'learning disability' review was written by a parent who was demanding too much out of a public school) and I disagree!!!! If a child has severe learning disorders, put them into a special school that helps to work with their problem. You can't expect a public school to fix that problem. The two June reviews written back to back was obviously written by a parent of a child who got in trouble for bad behavior. They are trying to justify it by writing 2 bad reviews back to back. Not to be mean, but check out the literacy on the June 1st review. That's all I'm saying. I moved from Crestview neighborhood to put my child here, and we were so pleased with his writing/reading skills in just a matter of a few months!! We love the Principals!!! The parent-teacher involvement is amazing! If you're a parent trying to send your kid here, and not care about their schooling, go elsewhere! They do NOT tolerate bad behavior/fighting! It's amazing!!!!!! Gullett, Brentwood, Wooten, Lamar, McCallum, Austin High-horrible because of the influx of transfers. Hill does not have alot of transfers. It makes a HUGE difference!

Last modified Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.