Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted April 02, 2016
Principal Newton is an incredible leader, and she hires great teachers! We are very happy at Hill!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 02, 2016
Principal Newton is an incredible leader! Thanks for everything you do for Hill! We appreciate you!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 02, 2016
We don't believe in homework in elementary school, so we could do without it! Most people would likely say that there isn't too much homework.

Posted May 29, 2014
Hill elemtary is Awesome sauce like my kid's say, I have two 2nd graders now going to 3rd grade Thanks to the Great Teachers. Nice and Welcoming office staff, And let's not forget all the Great Volunteers, And the people behind the scenes maintenance/janitors.. We will miss this Great School. Hope to see everyone soon. Love The Capetillo Family

Posted March 05, 2013
This is a wonderful school that has great attention to its students. The programs are challenging, the community strong, and the atmosphere conducive to great learning. The teachers are excellent in every way. Way to go, Hill!

Posted May 03, 2012
Hill is a great school!! We are so lucky that our child gets to go to the best school in Austin. Although my child is not in special education, the special education teacher often goes out of his way to provide advice to me and to help my child learn. He is amazing!!!!!!!

Posted May 01, 2012
Although this is not our home school, we chose to put our son in the Pre-k program there. The teachers are great and the parents are VERY involved. My son has a speech issue (articulation). The speech therapist is amazing. My son s speech improved much in his year there. I would definitely recommend the school!

Posted July 18, 2011
Ok, so I have been reading the past four reviews (sounds like the 'learning disability' review was written by a parent who was demanding too much out of a public school) and I disagree!!!! If a child has severe learning disorders, put them into a special school that helps to work with their problem. You can't expect a public school to fix that problem. The two June reviews written back to back was obviously written by a parent of a child who got in trouble for bad behavior. They are trying to justify it by writing 2 bad reviews back to back. Not to be mean, but check out the literacy on the June 1st review. That's all I'm saying. I moved from Crestview neighborhood to put my child here, and we were so pleased with his writing/reading skills in just a matter of a few months!! We love the Principals!!! The parent-teacher involvement is amazing! If you're a parent trying to send your kid here, and not care about their schooling, go elsewhere! They do NOT tolerate bad behavior/fighting! It's amazing!!!!!! Gullett, Brentwood, Wooten, Lamar, McCallum, Austin High-horrible because of the influx of transfers. Hill does not have alot of transfers. It makes a HUGE difference!

Hill Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2011
I Love this school but... some staff I find like to demote my kid's self respect.

Hill Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
this is one of the worst elementaries in every way posible that you can think off.i can not believe that it is rated ''10'' that's a big lie.it shoul be a 1 .we had a lot of bad experiences in this horrible elementary.kids say bad words in front of the teachers,there is no homework,teachers have no work ethic,etc.

8601 Tallwood Drive, Austin, TX  78759
Last modified Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.