Austin, TX

Posted May 29, 2014
Hill elemtary is Awesome sauce like my kid's say, I have two 2nd graders now going to 3rd grade Thanks to the Great Teachers. Nice and Welcoming office staff, And let's not forget all the Great Volunteers, And the people behind the scenes maintenance/janitors.. We will miss this Great School. Hope to see everyone soon. Love The Capetillo Family

Posted March 05, 2013
This is a wonderful school that has great attention to its students. The programs are challenging, the community strong, and the atmosphere conducive to great learning. The teachers are excellent in every way. Way to go, Hill!

Posted May 03, 2012
Hill is a great school!! We are so lucky that our child gets to go to the best school in Austin. Although my child is not in special education, the special education teacher often goes out of his way to provide advice to me and to help my child learn. He is amazing!!!!!!!

Posted May 01, 2012
Although this is not our home school, we chose to put our son in the Pre-k program there. The teachers are great and the parents are VERY involved. My son has a speech issue (articulation). The speech therapist is amazing. My son s speech improved much in his year there. I would definitely recommend the school!

Posted July 18, 2011
Ok, so I have been reading the past four reviews (sounds like the 'learning disability' review was written by a parent who was demanding too much out of a public school) and I disagree!!!! If a child has severe learning disorders, put them into a special school that helps to work with their problem. You can't expect a public school to fix that problem. The two June reviews written back to back was obviously written by a parent of a child who got in trouble for bad behavior. They are trying to justify it by writing 2 bad reviews back to back. Not to be mean, but check out the literacy on the June 1st review. That's all I'm saying. I moved from Crestview neighborhood to put my child here, and we were so pleased with his writing/reading skills in just a matter of a few months!! We love the Principals!!! The parent-teacher involvement is amazing! If you're a parent trying to send your kid here, and not care about their schooling, go elsewhere! They do NOT tolerate bad behavior/fighting! It's amazing!!!!!! Gullett, Brentwood, Wooten, Lamar, McCallum, Austin High-horrible because of the influx of transfers. Hill does not have alot of transfers. It makes a HUGE difference!

Hill Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2011
I Love this school but... some staff I find like to demote my kid's self respect.

Hill Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
this is one of the worst elementaries in every way posible that you can think off.i can not believe that it is rated ''10'' that's a big lie.it shoul be a 1 .we had a lot of bad experiences in this horrible elementary.kids say bad words in front of the teachers,there is no homework,teachers have no work ethic,etc.

Hill Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2011
Hill is good for students in the "norm". I agree with a recently posted review in that Hill does not cater to students who have learning disabilities. Our son has ADHD, as do so many other children, and the staff at Hill was unable to cope with that. Our daughter is at the other end of the spectrum, and is bored with what is being done in the classroom -- the classroom environment is not flexible enough, because of the large class size (25 kids with 1 teacher in Kindergarten!), to be able to challenge students who are doing well. Our discussions with the staff and teachers have always ended up with them telling us that "this is public school, and that they do not have the time and people to accommodate outside the norms". And, the counselor is not helpful nor caring. Again, Hill is great if your child does not require any special educational accommodations. We are moving our children to a smaller private school with a better teacher-to-student ratio and a more personalized learning experience.

Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2011
This school is great if your child DOESN'T have a learning disability like a moderate form of dyslexia, they act like they have never heard of dyslexia & do not have a plan in place to teach a dyslexic child to read! They don't have a diagnostician full time, nor do they have any current dyslexic specialist! Ten to fifteen percent of the US population has dyslexia, and Hill acts like they missed those stats! They (the Hill staff) expect the parent to know what questions to ask & how their child should be taught when the average parent has no experience in this! I can only imagine how many poor kids are falling through the cracks! I have talked with a number of other parents that have LEFT HILL b/c of the lack of resources & interest in helping their dyslexic child!

Posted February 06, 2011
We have been nothing but pleased with all teachers and staff. The principal is very receptive to parents and always seems present at all activities. Our experience has been a good one and we will have another kindergartner starting next year. We are lucky to attend Hill and have many friends that are looking to move into our area, for the school alone!

Hill Elementary School
8601 Tallwood Drive, Austin, TX  78759
Last modified Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top