Posted September 17, 2013
BEST SCHOOL EVER! I went to lee from kindergarten to 6th grade and everyone there is amazing. My brother still goes and my dad taught there. It's the best school ever. SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE. NOW.

Posted May 12, 2011
BEST SCHOOL IN THE WORLD. I am an 8th grader who went to Lee. Everyone who went to Lee always brags about the amazement of this school. The next middle school you go to everyone knows all the Lee kids. Its so much fun. I miss it sooooo much :(

Posted May 29, 2010
I am graduating the 9th grade this year, and I will always remember Lee fondly. My step-mother is one of the teachers there, so I have spent a lot of time at the school even after I graduated 6th grade. There is an outstanding sense of community at Lee. Everyone knows everyone, which is something that not all schools have but is extremely important. Because of the small class sizes (my 6th grade class had 46 people), students have the opportunity to form strong bonds that will last a lifetime. My fellow classmates are the people that know me the best and I would trust most of them with my life. I can be sure of that. I will not consider anywhere else if I still live in Austin when I have kids.

Lee Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2010
Lee is a good school. Strengths are that most teachers are strong, there is good parental involvement, and there is a strong administration. Growing edges are that the school does not work well with working parents or single parents-- it seems to work off of a 'one-parent-at-home' model, which is true for many of its families. It is slow to change, dreadfully true for its artistic programming--which lacks any creativity or imagination. It also is completely focused on TAKS preparation, which I'm afraid is beyond the local school's control, really, in this day and age but true nonetheless. I also believe that rotating classes beginning in first grade is not developmentally appropriate, but I know that many parents believe it to be a strength.

Posted January 18, 2010
This is a great school and the teachers won't quit to get your child the best education they can get!

Lee Elementary School 0

Posted December 20, 2009
Our family will have clocked a decade at Lee before our last child moves on to middle school. During this decade, we have watched and participated in many changes: the fight to keep a sixth grade against district administration initiatives, the swelling student body and closure to transfers, and a change in administrative leadership. The previous commentators' observations regarding social cliques amongst parents and kids is true of any small vocal community. Sixth grade was such an abysmal experience for my oldest for several reasons but the biggest factor was perhaps the fact that the student population dwindles to half which did not provide sufficient social diversity at an age when kids are already painfully self-conscious and struggling to 'fit in.'. I'd give the academics a 'B'. Too many worksheets. Not enough time using a textbook. Unfortunately, middle school in AISD is pretty bleak.

Posted September 30, 2009
I love this school. Both my daughters have attened this school since the kindergarten. We really enjoy the arts, music and language programs. This year my 6th grader will learn both Spanish and German. It's a really wonderful neighborhood school. Parent involvement is appreciated and I love the emphasis on hands on/experiential learning!

Posted September 17, 2009
Amazing Teachers and Staff who have been at the school for many years.

Lee Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2009
Overall, Lee does not live up to its reputation. On the plus side, it has a great student body and very involved parents, a wonderful library, excellent kindergarten, good discipline, and an outstanding art teacher. Negatives include an overwhelming emphasis on TAKS preparation, unwillingness to challenge students or innovate, abysmal music instruction, and lip service given to Spanish instruction. In particular, there is a strong sense of 'This is the way we've always done it, so we're just going to keep doing it this way.' If students were trusted more and given more opportunities for in-depth academic growth, Lee could really shine. Instead, it seems easier to hand out worksheets, which is a distressing waste of potential.

Posted April 09, 2008

Lee Elementary School
3308 Hampton Road, Austin, TX  78705
(512) 414-2098
Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top