Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 05, 2016
There are scant examples of this. Honestly, it is like living on the streets. We live in a zip-code with two excellent elementary schools, and then, there is this... We have our children in private schools and may have to move because of this school. I don't know if we can make it another two years.

Develops respect: Neutral

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 05, 2016
If you can make it O'Henry, you can make it anywhere!!!!!! Honestly, it is like living on the streets.

Posted October 07, 2015
awesome school!!! great the location, lots of activities.. beautiful playground, a school that cares. Lots of programs to offer and great teachers!!!

O Henry Middle School 1

Posted March 30, 2015
If your child participates in band, orchestra, athletics, or is in all Pre-AP classes then this school may be okay. All other kids, especially special needs kids, should avoid this school. There are some good teachers and a great librarian but the administrators should all be replaced for turning a blind eye to the bullying problems here. The school desperately needs to reinvent itself and become a place people WANT to send their kids. Clint Small MS is a much better choice.

O Henry Middle School 2

Posted May 11, 2014
I agree with the parent below: This school has a bullying problem. It contributed to our decision to move our child. We spoke to one of the vice principals and were treated with hostility. It's a shame because the teachers at the school are indeed excellent. They go above and beyond for students who want to learn.

Posted May 02, 2014
Both my children are at O Henry Middle School. OHMS has an excellent principal, Pete Price, and wonderful teachers. We have a fantastic librarian who is very creative and gets the students excited about exploring different kinds of books. We love the band program and the enrichment classes are really fun and educational.

O Henry Middle School 1

Posted December 17, 2013
O'Henry Middle School has wonderful teachers, but this school has a SEVERE bullying problem that the principal just isn't willing to recognize. Even with the exceptional teaching staff, I could not recommend this school to anyone.

O Henry Middle School 2

Posted July 15, 2013
As a former student of O'henry Middle School, all I can say is if you are looking for higher education: I would not recommend this school. There are many very nice teachers but overall they lack connection with the students. Some students are not pushed to be they can be lowering the education level of the other kids. The Athletics Program was less than satisfactory and some of the Staff members.... Did not meet my expectations. Overall I got an education but my experience at O'henry was one that I can brag about.

Posted May 30, 2013
This is the best school I've ever taught at (I taught here for 6 years). The principal is an incredible leader and the staff truly cares about the students. After seeing how other schools are run, I now realize what an amazing school this is, both for students and teachers. I would not hesitate to send my own children here.

2610 West 10th Street, Austin, TX  78703
Last modified O Henry Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O Henry Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top