Posted May 11, 2014
I agree with the parent below: This school has a bullying problem. It contributed to our decision to move our child. We spoke to one of the vice principals and were treated with hostility. It's a shame because the teachers at the school are indeed excellent. They go above and beyond for students who want to learn.

Posted May 02, 2014
Both my children are at O Henry Middle School. OHMS has an excellent principal, Pete Price, and wonderful teachers. We have a fantastic librarian who is very creative and gets the students excited about exploring different kinds of books. We love the band program and the enrichment classes are really fun and educational.

O Henry Middle School 1

Posted December 17, 2013
O'Henry Middle School has wonderful teachers, but this school has a SEVERE bullying problem that the principal just isn't willing to recognize. Even with the exceptional teaching staff, I could not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 15, 2013
As a former student of O'henry Middle School, all I can say is if you are looking for higher education: I would not recommend this school. There are many very nice teachers but overall they lack connection with the students. Some students are not pushed to be they can be lowering the education level of the other kids. The Athletics Program was less than satisfactory and some of the Staff members.... Did not meet my expectations. Overall I got an education but my experience at O'henry was one that I can brag about.

Posted May 30, 2013
This is the best school I've ever taught at (I taught here for 6 years). The principal is an incredible leader and the staff truly cares about the students. After seeing how other schools are run, I now realize what an amazing school this is, both for students and teachers. I would not hesitate to send my own children here.

Posted September 01, 2011
I found the two years I spent at O. Henry to be the two worst years of my education. The school is way too crowded. The classes have about 30 kids in a room designed for 20. The teachers have so many students. This causes them to be tired and stressed constantly, and the lessons leave much to be desired. Many of the students there seem to barely care about their education. Many students who are in Pre-AP classes should not be. They do not work, and they do not care. They hold the lessons back, therefore, the smarter students are held back from reaching their full potential. The staff is nice, for the most part. However, there are some very rude teachers and office workers, these are the people that don't care about anything except for the paycheck. I do not recommend this school. I worked hard to succeed, and I did, but that was in spite of the circumstances.

Posted June 02, 2011
I'm a student at O. Henry Middle School. I just graduated from there this year. Class Of 2015! (Yeah!!) I would say that this school is by the best middle school I have ever been too. The teachers are amazing, the push you to do your very best. The Principal and staff there are super kind and helpful. They will listen to any problems you have and help you through them. I'm not in Pre-Ap or anything but with being in regular classes I've seen kids that do extremely well. While most people would give up on them because the way the look and act during school, our teacher don't. They don't care what you look like all they care about is helping us succeed. I loved going to that school because everybody was so nice to me when I came half way through the school year. This is an excellent school to send your child to.

Posted November 02, 2010
I have subbed at this school and the front office staff are so friendly and helpful. The teachers are too. I have seen the principal's out interacting with students and staff more than any other school I've been at. This is a well run and great school to be apart of.

O Henry Middle School 4

Posted November 03, 2009

O Henry Middle School 3

Posted October 15, 2009
This school struggles with addressing the needs of kids falling behind. Organized tutoring is sorely lacking. Teacher and administrative turnover is also a problem

O Henry Middle School
2610 West 10th Street, Austin, TX  78703
Last modified O Henry Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O Henry Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top