Posted August 30, 2010
Ortega is amazing! They have excellent teacher, excellent princpal, strong leadership, and challenging academic programs. They do recognize children whom have problems and work on that issue to improve their school education. Now my kids are so happy there. They look forward to go these school unlike Michigan ( Reeth Puffers Elementary school ). This school did not even ingore. They helped my children. Reeth Puffer ingored my children and didn't bother to help my kids or communicate with me at all. It was rough. Now thanks to Ortega, my kids are doing remarkable well. They are more positive influence on my kids. I seen wonderful positive in my kids now in such short time! I am blessed to have this school. They have open communicate with me. I am thankful.

Posted August 01, 2009
Ortega has just been determined to be an Exemplary School in Texas! Ortega has risen from Academically Acceptable, to Recognized school 2008, to Exemplary this year, 2009. The Texas Education Agency released the latest school Accountability Ratings 7/31/09. These rankings are a measure of 2008-2009 test scores as well as 2008 dropout and high school completion rates. An Exemplary Rating, the highest possible score, indicates that a school has met all state standards.

Posted July 28, 2009
My kids are getting a quality education by very qualified and outstanding teachers. I'm impressed by the dedication of the teachers at Ortega, they have a great Principal, Dr. Pedrosa, who has taken the school to reach excellent standards. Our kids enjoy the healthy learning environment and are encouraged to set their own goals and figure out ways to achieve them. The kids in this school are courteous and respectful, due to good teachers. There are great after school classes that kids are really interested in, which a good percentage of kids attend. The choir is outstanding, too, and my son enjoys the performances all around the city of Austin! We're really happy and pleasantly surprised to have found this gem on the East side.

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted May 03, 2005
- a staff
They work very hard to help all students learn. They have a very active art department, also, music and pe. There is really no time for very many extracurricular activities. PTA has been very busy this year and it is growing.

Posted February 04, 2005
My daughters have attended Ortega for many years. I have always enjoyed visiting with their teachers and the staff. The music and art programs are great. Despite administrative changes this year, I feel Ortega will continue to be a Recognized school that cares for our children.

Ortega Elementary School
1135 Garland Avenue, Austin, TX  78721
Last modified Ortega Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ortega Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.