Austin, TX

Pillow Elementary School
Develops grit: Agree

Posted July 28, 2015
Helped my son to perform, given new opportunities to speak, present and represent communities. GT program, science fair etc. have led my child to improve and innovate

Posted July 28, 2015
My son attended Kindergarten and first grade at Pillow. His first grade teacher Ms Sarah White is an exceptional teacher, she helped my son in every way to improve and utilize his capabilities and created new opportunities for him. Really grateful to her and the whole school family - will miss you all.

Posted March 29, 2015
Pillow Elementary is a wonderfully diverse neighborhood school. There are over 35 home languages spoken. Students at Pillow feel safe and happy and are supported by their teachers who provide equitable learning experiences giving each child the tools they need to be successful. There is parent involvement with the PTA hosting several Spirit Nights a year to raise money for the school. In addition, the school opens its doors four times a year with a night dedicated to celebrating the each of the 4 content areas. My favorite is their Literacy Night where children come in and have fun with literacy, guided by their teachers, and leave with a free book! Lastly, Students in 1st-5th grade are exposed to foreign languages once a week (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, and Latin). This really is a wonderful school and one of Austin's best kept secrets.

Posted March 29, 2015
Pillow Elementary School is an incredible school. The teachers are so caring and nurturing to each student. They always go above and beyond to make sure each student learns what they need to succeed in the next stage of their education. The teachers take a personal interest in each student to give them confidence in finding what motivates them not only in school but in life.

Posted September 01, 2014
My son attended PK here in the year 2013-14. We found this school to be quite good, the teachers and staff are friendly and involved. The school had regular field trips which helped keep the students interested. The parents were encouraged to be highly involved. I do not know why the school fell in the ratings but our experience has been good so far.

Posted October 09, 2013
This review is for 6 years ago (06'/07')- not sure if the same principal is there. My son loved this school. He only attended in 5th grade, but as a senior now he looks back and says 'I really liked Pillow. I learned so much there.' The principal was really the key I believe. She was terrific. She hand picked a group of teachers that truly wanted the best for the kids. They taught in a way that made the kids think, not just memorize facts. Thank you!

Posted September 26, 2013
We love the school, my son is happy there, since PK he has great grades, we're taking an active part in his education by reinforcing what he learns at school at home, I wish more parents take the plunge an volunteer more at school , the opportunities are there.

Posted August 05, 2013
The staff and faculty at our school goes above and beyond for it's students. We are a family here.

Pillow Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
Pillow Elementary is a good neighborhood school. We love that parent involvement is encouraged by the staff.

Posted May 16, 2013
It is ok but do not why it dropped from exemplary to acceptable in 1 single year.

Pillow Elementary School
3025 Crosscreek Drive, Austin, TX  78757
Last modified Pillow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pillow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top