Posted September 01, 2014
My son attended PK here in the year 2013-14. We found this school to be quite good, the teachers and staff are friendly and involved. The school had regular field trips which helped keep the students interested. The parents were encouraged to be highly involved. I do not know why the school fell in the ratings but our experience has been good so far.

Posted October 09, 2013
This review is for 6 years ago (06'/07')- not sure if the same principal is there. My son loved this school. He only attended in 5th grade, but as a senior now he looks back and says 'I really liked Pillow. I learned so much there.' The principal was really the key I believe. She was terrific. She hand picked a group of teachers that truly wanted the best for the kids. They taught in a way that made the kids think, not just memorize facts. Thank you!

Posted September 26, 2013
We love the school, my son is happy there, since PK he has great grades, we're taking an active part in his education by reinforcing what he learns at school at home, I wish more parents take the plunge an volunteer more at school , the opportunities are there.

Posted August 05, 2013
The staff and faculty at our school goes above and beyond for it's students. We are a family here.

Pillow Elementary School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
Pillow Elementary is a good neighborhood school. We love that parent involvement is encouraged by the staff.

Posted May 16, 2013
It is ok but do not why it dropped from exemplary to acceptable in 1 single year.

Posted May 16, 2013
Pillow is overcrowded and has a high percentage of low income students. Because this does not reflect the neighborhood it has taken some adjustment. The teachers range from extraordinary to tired and probably need to retire. My child's experience was very good in kindergarten with an environment that was nurturing and safe. Crowd control is a major part of the principle's challenge and, as well as, teaching children to speak English. I have not agreed with a policy that no one has playground time or be involved in activities that might disturb when the older children are taking state tests. I also wonder why the 1st and 2nd graders are in portable buildings. There are good people who care about the school but the declining scores must be addressed. The past reputation is no longer valid. Probably symptomatic of the entire district.

Posted May 01, 2013
Things to love about Pillow: Great "family feeling" morning assembly, with "College Monday", "Fitness Thursday", and "Spirit Friday". (Parents are welcome to attend, and all students get experience public speaking over the course of the year.) Super diverse -- students whose parents come from all over the world and are very motivated to improve their children's lives. Cultural education -- There's the dual language program, and next year (2013-2014) they are starting a grant funded program with the other Anderson-highschool feeder schools to introduce each grade level to a different language. My daughter is super excited to get a chance to learn some German. Academic focus -- Every student learns and is pushed, regardless of background or level. A strong focus on academics. Fun, low key extracurriculars -- running club, math club, chess club... this year a parent did an "Korean culture" class. Spirit nights out roller skating and a school dance party. Most classes participate in Marathon Kids and Science Fair. What I don't like is how overcrowded the school is (as many classrooms in portables as inside; lunch times that start super early to get all the kids through).

Posted May 25, 2012
My son is a PK graduate from Pillow Elementary School. He likes his teacher very much. He wanted to be 4 years old always so that he can stay back in PK class.

Posted May 08, 2012
I attended this school from k-5 grade and I really liked it; my teachers were awesome!! And really nice, they taught me really well, and luckily I got commended on all the TAKS tests from third grade to fifth grade.

Pillow Elementary School
3025 Crosscreek Drive, Austin, TX  78757
Last modified Pillow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pillow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.