Bad
Good

I am a teacher who works at Reagan Early College High School and lives in the East Austin community. There has been a stigma attached to Reagan stemming from the early to mid years in the 2000's when Reagan was not performing up to TEA's academic standards. The low performance combined with negative press and the No Child Left Behind Act allowed students to transfer out of the school further exacerbating the problem. However when Anabel Garza was hired during the 2008-2009 school year she began a campaign to save the school and to return Reagan to the standards that made it so special during the 1960s to 1990s. Since she took over in 2008 Reagan has met TEA academic standards every year. This consistency has stabilized the school and community. Reagan is now an Early College High School, which means that students can take ACC classes during their regular school day and graduate from Reagan with up to 60 college credit hours, enough for an Associates Degree. Reagan Athletics has made a comeback due to the stabilization of academics. The Football, Basketball, and Soccer teams have become annual playoff contenders and the athletes are equipped with brand new Nike uniforms. Reagan also boasts a wide variety of CTE (Career & Technology Education) pathways including Health Sciences, Business Management, Robotics, A/V Production, Criminal Justice, Automotive Repair, and more. Many of these pathways culminate with industry certifications and/or internships. In summation, before you decide to send your child to a charter school or transfer to a school with a better reputation, do your homework and research Reagan Early College High School. Reagan may be the perfect fit for your student, the school where they find their career passion, save thousands of dollars in college tuition, and meet lifelong friends in athletics and extracurriculars.

It is 2013 people. I am a student at Reagan EARLY COLLEGE High and we are college bound students. Despite the earlier comments from people who obviously haven't stepped foot onto the campus, Reagan is a improving and better school then it used to be in the 90's and early 00's. College professors are on our campus everyday educating us, something that can't be found anywhere else. Our Athletics are improving with a new athletic director and our teachers work diligently to help us with our work. We constantly go year after year to playoffs and the staff and scholars reward us when doing so. I came from Kealing Magnet, and no one expected me to last very long at Reagan. If it was so bad as people said it is, I obviously would have left. You can't let the past be a barrier for your future. Reagan is a great learning environment and presents college bound opportunities like AVID, that assists us students to go on to a four year university. Under the new leadership of administration, students are well behaved and well mannered. A lot of the media tries to bring us Raiders down, but we all know at our campus, how great our school is, and know you know too.

Stop wasting time with the children who don't want to be there and spend your money and efforts on those who do.

I graduated from this school, in 1981, as Edward W. Jackson. At the time, I thought it was the best high school ever. If it is not now. Then what happened? Your fail, not mine.....

I want to respond to what someone wrote regarding the discipline and control of the students at Reagan. Know your facts. Reagan has the lowest incident rate of any school in AISD. ANY school in AISD. There are no more disciplinary issues at Reagan than at any other school, so stop buying into the negative hype.

Reagan shouldn't have teacher's children attending the same school! I totally disagree with that, also I wanna say that Mr.Pesqueda is a wonderful teacher, I met him and he inspired me into drawing.

Last modified Reagan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.